Home  Appotography.com 
advertisement Tiny Crosswords - Made by MagnetiCatGames.com
Playstation 2 Fantasy - Everything about Playstation 2 Developed on Alienware! Search games!
  Register   Calendar   Members   FAQ   Home  

Latest NewsReviewsPreviewsFeaturesScreenshotsContact Our Staff

Welcome to the PsFantasy.com Forums.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Go Back  PsFantasy.com Forums » Gaming Forums » Final Fantasy Forum

Old Feb 25th, 2003, 07:33 AM   #1
Spank-A-Thon
Carpe Diem Baby!

Spank-A-Thon is on a distinguished road
Details of FFX-2's Result Plate System (RPS) and others

Hey, some brand new info about the FFX-2 gameplay. I would have stuck this in the other thread, but that was more of a speculative thread - these are facts baby!

Source: Link
Quote:
One of the most striking elements contained in the linked article above was the sphere-grid (from FFX) like screenshots. We already reported the sphere-grid isn't present in FFX-2 and although this looks like it (on a very small scale), the shots actually depict a new Result Plate System (RPS).

This system revolves around learned skills that can be used in battle. As you should know by now, the FFX-2 girls have a dress-up mode that enables them to enter combat in different costumes - the relevance being that the clothes they wear grant abilities specific to that guise.

The RPS allows you to access skills from other costumes. Once you have learned a specific skill, you can place its icon in the RPS before battle - this will enable you to now use that ability during fights. There are some skills, however, which are character specific - these won't be accessible through the RPS for the other girls.

Speaking of dress-up mode, we've have a couple of small details on the three new outfits depicted last Friday. We spoke on these particular costumes before but we can clarify that Yuna's Dark Gunner missile attack is the game's enemy skill method - called blue magic in recent FFs - where you can learn abilities from the enemies you fight (some of which are typically very powerful and useful).

Paine's katana weapon when in Samurai dress-up comes with a light beam attack (sounds like it's a long range move, which is always handy). Finally, Rikku's Black Mage guise not only has the MP Absorb but also harbours all the elemental magic and at all three levels, to boot. Incidentally, below is Rikku's Gambler dress-up transformation.

Character wise, we can update the info on new boy Baralai by saying he knows of an ultimate weapon called Victorious Gun located in Bevelle. If this runs true to FF form, this isn't a literal gun - weapons in FF are usually huge bosses, some of which are the hardest enemies in the game. Even better though, is that located in the same place is the dark aeon Black Bahamut - whohooo and all that.

We speculated that earlier shots were Bahamut and it now seems that prediction has proven true, which is fantastic news for fans of the series.

There's still no news on the UK release front but we'll let you know as soon as anything is announced.
I like the sound of this new system, even if it does sound similar to the FFIX an FFT systems (i.e. learning abilities via classes). Plus I'm kinda looking forward to the idea of changing clothes! I mean, RPG heros must smell real bad by the end of their quests - they never seem to have a change of clothes!

Anyways, just thought I'd share some info.

- S
Old Feb 25th, 2003, 11:15 AM   #2
mark0™
Extinct.

mark0™ is on a distinguished road
So, the Clothes will work like the Job System that was in FFVI(was it FFVI?).

Sounds cool, I didnt like the Sphere Grid to much.
mark0™ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 25th, 2003, 11:38 AM   #3
Spank-A-Thon
Carpe Diem Baby!

Quote:
Originally posted by mark0

So, the Clothes will work like the Job System that was in FFVI(was it FFVI?).

Sounds cool, I didnt like the Sphere Grid to much.
It was FFV Mark, and I actually quite liked the Sphere system...

Anyway, I haven't actually got round to playing V yet, although I am halfway through FF Tactics. In that your characters can assume a class or job, and learn certain abilities for that job. So for example a Knight may learn abilities like Armour Break or Power Break...

At some point when you have learned enough of a particular Job's abilities you want to change Jobs and become, say, a white mage. In which case you could learn things like cure or Esuna.

But once you have learned an ability, you can use it no matter what job you are - so ulitmately you could have a Summoner who also posseses Knight skills....

Now I could be way off here on the FFV Job system, but this is pretty much how the FFT Job system works and it sounds like it's how the FFX-2 System will work, but using dresses instead of jobs.

- S
Old Feb 25th, 2003, 11:49 AM   #4
ssjtrunks13
Results May Vary

ssjtrunks13 is on a distinguished road
It seesm to me to be more similar to FFIX because you have to equip different stuff to leatn new abilities where some are specific to each charcter while others are available for all. Then the costumes actually change visually, I've always wante to see something like this in any RPG.
ssjtrunks13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 25th, 2003, 03:07 PM   #5
Preventer Wind

Preventer Wind is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally posted by ssjtrunks13
It seesm to me to be more similar to FFIX because you have to equip different stuff to leatn new abilities where some are specific to each charcter while others are available for all. Then the costumes actually change visually, I've always wante to see something like this in any RPG.
Yeah, I think that was the best thing about FFIX.

Quote:
Originally posted by Spank-A-Thon
Anyway, I haven't actually got round to playing V yet, although I am halfway through FF Tactics. In that your characters can assume a class or job, and learn certain abilities for that job. So for example a Knight may learn abilities like Armour Break or Power Break...
Have fun at the Lionel Castle Gate and trying to beat the Zodiac Wiegraf and the battle after that (If you have not already, no easy task) And explore the Deep Dungeon, it's well worth it, unlike getting Cloud

"Know thy enemy and know thy self,"
"Find naught to fear in 100 battles."
"Know not thy enemy, but know thy self,"
"Find victory and defeat in equal measure"
"Know thy enemy, but know not thy self,"
"Find defeat in every battle."

Sun Tzu
Preventer Wind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 25th, 2003, 09:54 PM   #6
Spank-A-Thon
Carpe Diem Baby!

Quote:
Originally posted by Preventer Wind
Have fun at the Lionel Castle Gate and trying to beat the Zodiac Wiegraf and the battle after that (If you have not already, no easy task) And explore the Deep Dungeon, it's well worth it, unlike getting Cloud
Yeah, that's where I'm up to - I think I need to level up some stupid amount cos Zodiac Wiegraf is solid!

FFT is easily one of the most diifcult games I've ever played...

- S