Home  Appotography.com 
advertisement Tiny Crosswords - Made by MagnetiCatGames.com
Playstation 2 Fantasy - Everything about Playstation 2 Developed on Alienware! Search games!
  Register   Calendar   Members   FAQ   Home  

Latest NewsReviewsPreviewsFeaturesScreenshotsContact Our Staff

Welcome to the PsFantasy.com Forums.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Go Back  PsFantasy.com Forums » General Forums » General Chat

Old Jun 15th, 2006, 11:40 AM   #21
Hylas
Now or Never

Hylas is on a distinguished road
I don't think people hates the US football team because it's the US. I think it's more the attitude they seem to have in sports. They are just great when it comes to some sports, but then it seems they must be there and do better than anybody in others, just because they are used to be "winners". I think this bothers fans of sports like football, which was almost unknown to the US audience and athletes before the 1994 World Cup. I don't know if you got my point, but that's how I see it. The US team did well in 2002 just because all the teams that were supposed to do well were crap or had incredibly unfair referees. I remember Portugal, Spain and Italy being very unlucky with their referees, just because they had to play against South Korea, that was hosting the tournament. France was horrible, Holland wasn't even there. Germany and Brazil, and partly England, were the only teams that played in a decent way or had more luck because they happened to play the "right" matches.

Last edited by Hylas; Jun 15th, 2006 at 11:46 AM..
Hylas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 17th, 2006, 03:54 PM   #22
Redpyramidhead
pazparacolombia

Redpyramidhead is on a distinguished road
DRAW- UNO a UNO

WE TIED WITH ONLY 9 PLAYERS!!!

_RED_ stuff

"..loathsome laughing, mixed with such a cry as no man has heard save for in the phlegathon of unrelatable nightmares; a cry wherein reverberated the horror and anguish of a haunted lifetime packed into one atrocious moment..."
Redpyramidhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 17th, 2006, 04:13 PM   #23
Bogart
Private Eye

Bogart is on a distinguished road
Yeah, you fought with all you had... and Italy didn't play a good match. The problem is, most of the game of the U.S. team was made of foul play. They play soccer like boxe, and this irritates me, because this could have been a great match. De Rossi's hit was shameful, indeed, but the young player was clearly exasperated by U.S.'s constant foul game. This is most definitely one of the worst match of the World Cup so far. Italy must do better next time, much better, regardless of the shitty way their adversaries play the match!
Bogart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 17th, 2006, 05:49 PM   #24
Redpyramidhead
pazparacolombia

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bogart
Yeah, you fought with all you had... and Italy didn't play a good match. The problem is, most of the game of the U.S. team was made of foul play. They play soccer like boxe, and this irritates me, because this could have been a great match. De Rossi's hit was shameful, indeed, but the young player was clearly exasperated by U.S.'s constant foul game. This is most definitely one of the worst match of the World Cup so far. Italy must do better next time, much better, regardless of the shitty way their adversaries play the match!
We got called on it, though. Two of our men were redcarded out. The first one deserved it. The second one is arguable, imo.

I won't even complain and say we were robbed of that goal. We were called on offsides which was only fair. Italy was called on their offsides time and time again (I wonder if we had the offside trap going on.) The ref and linesmen didn't take shit from either side. The Italians kept diving, too, and the ref didnt call a lot of those. We definately played rough, but I would say I have seen other teams from around the world play rougher. The tackles in this match were mostly sloppy I admit. I give the US props for covering Italian with all they had, though, on defense. Great coverage... sloppy tackling... but the coverage still prevented most of those opportunities. Shit was crazy. Kellar saved our asses the rest of the time. The man is an incredible goal keeper! One of those saves just made me exclaim "OMG! Dude's a god!"

I felt a lil dumb after jumping around and shouting "goooooooooooooooool" out the window when I thought we scored. Then I turn around to look at the screen to see the tally still at 1 to 1 and everybody looking dismayed! Oh well. Besides that one guy offside (lol) it was still a good play!

Yeah, so that was one of the crazier matches I've ever seen. I think thats why I enjoyed it, though!

They are calling it an 'Ugly' match... It was utter craziness!

As long as we keep the heart we got now and clean up some of that sloppiness, I think the US can continue to do some surprising and even amazing things from here on out.

Respect for Italy, btw.

PEACE

_RED_ stuff

"..loathsome laughing, mixed with such a cry as no man has heard save for in the phlegathon of unrelatable nightmares; a cry wherein reverberated the horror and anguish of a haunted lifetime packed into one atrocious moment..."
Old Jun 17th, 2006, 09:13 PM   #25
Hylas
Now or Never

Hylas is on a distinguished road
I didn't like the Italy-USA match. Looked more like wrestling than football, but without the fancy costumes

Last edited by Hylas; Jun 17th, 2006 at 09:23 PM..
Hylas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 20th, 2006, 01:39 AM   #26
Berserker
misfit

Berserker is on a distinguished road
Haven't seen hardly any matches yet, due to my holiday in the sun
But from what I've heard the overall quality of the matches wasn't that high, Ukraine played good yesterday but that's against a c-side. I'm surprised Holland even made it passed the group-stages with the players-material we have in the selection(it doesn't even include Ajax topscorer Huntelaar who won us the E.C. under 21 this year). So we'll probably be kicked out the next round. Haven't yet seen Argentina play, how are they doing? I'm thinking pretty high of Messi. Also Italy has got a good chance so does Brasil(allthough they seem to be playing horrible football).
England are overrated(especially Crouch...oh why oh why LFC!!!) and Germany will be probably get to the finals(it's the home-side and they are true tournament players).
I'll be watching matches this week, so I'll be getting back on this.

Vincere Aut Mori
Berserker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 20th, 2006, 10:06 PM   #27
Pu the Owl
Useless Oracle™

Pu the Owl is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Berserker
Haven't yet seen Argentina play, how are they doing?
Welcome back!

Argentina seems one of the best teams so far. Don't like them much, but they're good. Hope to not see a Brazil vs Argentina final though. That would suck
Pu the Owl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 21st, 2006, 01:29 AM   #28
Berserker
misfit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Panuru
Welcome back!

Argentina seems one of the best teams so far. Don't like them much, but they're good. Hope to not see a Brazil vs Argentina final though. That would suck
We need to stop Argentina from getting the number 1 place in the pool, otherwise they will meet in the finals(if Brasil finishes first in theirs). The Argentinian coach supposedly said to the media that he would like to finish second behind Holland and Marco van Basten is gonna keep a lot of players out of the squad tonight because of their bookings earlier. So it's gonna be an open game, allthough I think we're gonna get our %^@ kicked.
England is gonna miss Owen as well, didn't understand why Eriksson didn't give Walcott any playing time, cause his strikers are wearing thin this way.
Rooney didn't look to happy and just was brought to early from his broken foot, he should have started in the next round at least(this won't do him any good).
Looking at Germany, they are gonna be last four at least.

Vincere Aut Mori
Old Jun 21st, 2006, 01:48 PM   #29
Zebraman

Zebraman is on a distinguished road
Brazil didn't impress me so far. Argentina did. We'll see what they're gonna do today. Spain seems also pretty good.
Zebraman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 21st, 2006, 08:05 PM   #30
Frozen
Dante May Cry

Frozen is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Redpyramidhead

Btw, thanks Frozen for recognizing talent when you see it, though.
And yes, we must face the fact that Brasil are the GODS of futbol whether we like it or not

Too bad Colombia's team has been a no show the past two world cups. They were the best in South America besides Brasil in the late 90s judgin from South American Cup victories including the championship one year. When was that? All I remember is shouting and jumping outside with my dad "GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOAAAAAAAAAAALLLLL" "COLOOOOOOMBIA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

Those were the days of Colombian soccer. I remember one time in the 90s they beat Argentina in an extremely important game like 6-0 and hearing about people crying and having heart attacks like pussies in Argentina. BWAHAHAHAHAHA!

_RED_ stuff
Yo Red,

Were you born in Colombia?

Obviously I remember all about the Seleccion Colombia, right before the 94 World Cup they were the "unoficial" World Champions, they even beat Brazil when they were qualifying for the World Cup, and yes, who can't forget about Colombia-Argentina 5-0 (and then they played in Buenos Aires and beat them again 2-1, I think, or vice versa)

But then they went to the World Cup with their egos over-inflated, thought they were the fattest cows and played like crap. They first lost 3-1 against Romania, then 2-0 against US (which was one of the first great victories for the US, by the way, on that match, my face was painted with the Colombian flag, but as soon as they lost, out of anger I washed off that paint and painted the american colors instead )

World Cup 94 was hosted by the US and in my opinion it was the start of their journey into becoming a competitive futbol team.

A few years later, Colombia had a new Coach, I have forgotten his name, but I can tell you that he was extremely innovative and brought Colombia's futbol to a whole new level, he had them playing with a lot of european futbol techiniques and style (more long passes and air futbol than Colombia's back then usual dribble and pass)

The Colombian team had become so, so good, they were well in the road to France 98.

But something happened.

They had a match against Brazil...... Brazil.

The coach, so confident about his newly trained team, so confident on their new techiniques, so confident about all his players, decided to put all the "bench warmers" as the primary line-up, that means, all the stars save one or 2 players, were back on the secondary lineup.

Wrong decision. Although the secondary players had improved a lot, they were NO MATCH for the Futbol Gods. They were crushed and masacred under the Gods' immense power.

The final score of that massacre was 9-0. The over-confy coach resigned at the spot. Was never heard of again.

And thus was the death of Seleccion Colombia. May their arrogance be an example to all those who dare not use their mightiest warriors when battling the Gods themselves.

lol

But you do know that Ecuador's coach is Colombian, right? And look where they're at. Their goal was invict until Germany scored 3 on them. I love Ecuador and wish them the best, but I've already expressed who my candidates are.

And yes, Argentina has done an excellent job so far. Oh, by the way, they did return Colombia the favor at some point, and it was pretty equivalent, 6-1.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hylas
I didn't like the Italy-USA match. Looked more like wrestling than football, but without the fancy costumes
ROFLMAO

Not wrestling, it was more like an Ultimate Fighting match.

Last edited by Frozen; Jun 21st, 2006 at 08:12 PM..
Frozen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 22nd, 2006, 12:35 AM   #31
Redpyramidhead
pazparacolombia

Quote:
Originally Posted by Panuru
Welcome back!

I disagree. That would be an AWESOME final.

_RED_ stuff

Old Jun 22nd, 2006, 12:38 AM   #32
Vic Viper
Nero Must Die !

Vic Viper is on a distinguished road
U.S.A. !!!!!! U.S.A. !!!!!! U.S.A. !!!!!! U.S.A. !!!!!!

Beat Ghana, and hoping Italy wins against the Czech.

Vic Viper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 22nd, 2006, 12:41 AM   #33
Redpyramidhead
pazparacolombia

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vic Viper
U.S.A. !!!!!! U.S.A. !!!!!! U.S.A. !!!!!! U.S.A. !!!!!!

Beat Ghana, and hoping Italy wins against the Czech.

BWAHAHAHA!!! WHAT DID I TELL YOU ALL!!!! BWAHAHAHAHA!!!

USA USA USA USA USA USA USA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

_RED_ stuff

Last edited by Redpyramidhead; Jun 22nd, 2006 at 12:48 AM..
Old Jun 22nd, 2006, 01:22 AM   #34
Berserker
misfit

Holland 0 - Argentina 0, we'll be facing Portugal! The winner of that match is facing England(or Ecuador), so I'm pretty glad we didn't finish first cause I was hoping we would face Portugal....hi Eli!

Vincere Aut Mori
Old Jun 22nd, 2006, 03:08 AM   #35
Rei
EVA 00 Pilot

Rei is on a distinguished road
USA won't go far, sorry guys, but they play really bad and boring football.

Argentina isn't that great. People seemed so impressed because they scored 6-0 against Serbia, but in other matches they haven't done anything special.

I would not dislike to have Germany win this year. They're one of the best teams and they're often accessing finals. Last time Brazil won, but this year it may be different.
Rei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 22nd, 2006, 07:15 AM   #36
Berserker
misfit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rei

I would not dislike to have Germany win this year. They're one of the best teams and they're often accessing finals.
I always dislike Germany to win

No offence but do you serieusly think Germany has one of the best teams?
Even the germans themself think they have a poor team for their standards, Klinsmann was under a lot of pressure because of the ass-beatings they recieved in the friendlies proceeding the WC. You're right they're often accesing the finals, that's part of their strenght and it's held in their country so that's a major advantage. So I won't be surprised if they reach to the finals this year and in the final everything can happen, but I have to disagree about them being one of the top teams.

Vincere Aut Mori
Old Jun 22nd, 2006, 11:44 AM   #37
Pu the Owl
Useless Oracle™

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redpyramidhead
I disagree. That would be an AWESOME final.
I don't like either. They're big names, but for some reason both are irritating to me. Ghana will play against Brazil next time - bye bye USA, we won't miss you - and I'd like to see some big surprise, like Brazil going home. I don't know why, but I like Ghana. I've always liked African teams like Ghana, Cameroon or Nigeria.

As for Germany, I liked them when there were players as Klinsmann or Matthäus. I don't care about them anymore. But yes, for some reason they often reach the finals. Like for Italy, this happens also when they play very badly. And it's often against Brazil. That's why I'm tired of it. I'd like this year's finals to be more interesting than the usual "two classic teams playing a boring match". You know what I mean.
Old Jun 22nd, 2006, 12:41 PM   #38
Vic Viper
Nero Must Die !

Vic Viper is on a distinguished road
what stty referees !!!!!

the foul that gave ghana a PK was complet bull!!!!

Vic Viper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 22nd, 2006, 01:36 PM   #39
Redpyramidhead
pazparacolombia

Quote:
what stty referees !!!!!

Whatever. I am quite dissapointed, but never trulydisheartened. A true fan sticks by his country's team through the entire process. As the rest of this cup plays out, good luck to all of your favorite teams. Depending on who it is, I just may be rooting along with you.

We will see you in 2010.

PEACE

_RED_ stuff

Old Jun 22nd, 2006, 02:15 PM   #40
Pu the Owl
Useless Oracle™

Quote:
what stty referees !!!!!

Whatever man. If I'm not wrong USA only scored once in three games - if you don't count Zaccardo's own goal in the match against Italy. That's pretty much self-explanatory