Home  Appotography.com 
advertisement Tiny Crosswords - Made by MagnetiCatGames.com
Playstation 2 Fantasy - Everything about Playstation 2 Developed on Alienware! Search games!
  Register   Calendar   Members   FAQ   Home  

Latest NewsReviewsPreviewsFeaturesScreenshotsContact Our Staff

Welcome to the PsFantasy.com Forums.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Go Back  PsFantasy.com Forums » General Forums » General Chat

View Poll Results: Would you pay a 1.5-2.0$ monthly fee to access this website and the forums?
Yes, absolutely. 22 43.14%
No I don't want - No I can't 29 56.86%
Voters: 51. You may not vote on this poll

Old Jan 10th, 2003, 04:17 PM   #41
Hylas
Now or Never

Hylas is on a distinguished road
I don't think someone here is blaming someone else. Just try to understand the situation and the position of staff members (that really sucks) and you'll see that some confusion is more than normal. But it appears that for the present moment the poll is not giving a good response

*pokes everybody who voted no*

Give me the money, or I'll bite your nose! Mwah mwah mwah! *evil laughter*
Hylas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 10th, 2003, 05:51 PM   #42
dan da man
Talk to the hand

dan da man is on a distinguished road
btw is this paying thing going ahead?

yes even if i cant pay, you do have my respect!
Old Jan 10th, 2003, 06:20 PM   #43
mark0™
Extinct.

mark0™ is on a distinguished road
Sorry but I wont pay, It's an unwritten rule of mines, I pay only 2 things internet related, my ISP and anything illl buy on Amazon.co.uk, thats all.
mark0™ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 10th, 2003, 06:40 PM   #44
ssjtrunks13
Results May Vary

ssjtrunks13 is on a distinguished road
Just so you know I wouldn't mind paying if I had a job or some other way of making money, because here I feel accepted.(just to say I wouldn't say to hel with this site because I think this is a great place.)

I also know that this is more than just the forums because I came here through the main page.
ssjtrunks13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 10th, 2003, 08:28 PM   #45
happy_doughnut
just a rolling stone

happy_doughnut is on a distinguished road
Angry

Well, just like the artist said, this is a difficult question to answer.
I know that what I'm about to say is the exact same thing previous members have already mentioned :

Whereas I have absolutely no problem paying 1 or 2 dollars for this site, I'm afraid I can't.

I agree with Rei, partially. Two dollars a month really isn't much, however, some of us "younger" members would have no way to send the funds even if we wanted to since we might not have direct access to a credit card. I know for sure that my parents wouldn't lend me theirs, even if the amount is small.

So whereas I'd be delighted to pay, I'm afraid there's no way I'd be able to. However, if there's another way... I'd go for it without doubt.

And also, I can sympathize with all of the staff here, espcially the administrators. There's just been so much effort put into this site, and having someone just take all that away and place their own rules would be terrible. Yet closing down the site itself is not a pleasant thing, either. This is very sad news indeed, and I'm very sorry I can't be of much help with my current stand.
happy_doughnut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 10th, 2003, 08:57 PM   #46
Hylas
Now or Never

Hylas is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally posted by mark0

Sorry but I wont pay, It's an unwritten rule of mines, I pay only 2 things internet related, my ISP and anything illl buy on Amazon.co.uk, thats all.
Apart for the present situation, let me say mark0 that your rule is pretty pointless, and you'll see it in the future, when all big free videogaming sites will be gone and you'll have to register somewhere else to read a decent review or to download some screenshots

Anyways guys, I can't believe ALL your parents are so mean to not give you some money for something like that, after they buy other things for you, like magazines, comics, videogames, movies, anime and other stuff which can be included in the entertainment pack. Have you even tried asking to them, just to satisfy your own curiosity? Or maybe you can't even be bothered to ask them to do this little favour to you?

As I said in another post of mine, it always ends like that when it comes to money. Harry and other staff people, I'm really sorry that you can't keep on mantaining the site for such a matter. But we all know that servers cost a lot, bandwidth cost a lot, anything costs a lot for a site like this. And even not receiving anything after all your hard work and your efforts must be frustrating. It's like working for free and it's not fair.
Hylas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 10th, 2003, 09:46 PM   #47
Rei
EVA 00 Pilot

Rei is on a distinguished road
Am I wrong, or many people here are posting like if we told you this will be the last day for the site? Why? Try to act in a normal way. We're not going to close the site NOW! This is not a goodbye thread, it was only a thread to get your feedback on this matter, and to inform you about the present situation. Keep on posting guys, nothing has been decided yet.
Rei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 10th, 2003, 10:17 PM   #48
Beretta55
Reached for the sky

Beretta55 is on a distinguished road
well i discussed it with my parent's and they argeed is paypal ok?
Old Jan 10th, 2003, 10:35 PM   #49
Suzuki_Fanboy

Suzuki_Fanboy is on a distinguished road
When you guys say that all these major sites have gone pay, which ones are you talking about?

IGN, like...the biggest gaming site I've been to, isn't completely pay, and I don't like their forums so I don't wouldn't pay for those.

I don't go to a lot of gaming sites other than IGN, so I was just wondering what kinds of sites you're talking about...and if you could give me a link so I could see what they're like
Suzuki_Fanboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 10th, 2003, 10:47 PM   #50
Rei
EVA 00 Pilot

Quote:
Originally posted by Suzuki_Fanboy

When you guys say that all these major sites have gone pay, which ones are you talking about?

I don't go to a lot of gaming sites other than IGN, so I was just wondering what kinds of sites you're talking about...and if you could give me a link so I could see what they're like
Suzuki, the greatest part of gaming netwoks bought all the free sites there were around. This is for several reasons:
- To buy advertising services for less and earn more thanks to the fact they can count on the revenue of all the sites of the network

- To limit any kind of opposition, coming from smaller sites like this one and be able to increase number of visitors.

I won't post names of dead sites, but there were many more till last year, trust me. Just to mention one, do you remeber TheGIA?It's closed, after years and years of activity. A big site can't work if there's lack of resources, even if the site is really popular. The networks are sucking all the available resources. The result is that sites outside the networks are not active anymore, and if they are, they're in big troubles. There are few sites that are still working without being part of a network. We are one of these sites. You all know the names of the active networks around the web, I think. You mentioned IGN, there are few other big networks like IGN and they're buying all the smaller sites for the reasons I mentioned above.
Old Jan 10th, 2003, 11:04 PM   #51
Suzuki_Fanboy

Suzuki_Fanboy is on a distinguished road
Didn't Gamers go pay? It doesn't matter, that site sucked anyways, but it's just an example.
Suzuki_Fanboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 10th, 2003, 11:05 PM   #52
Rei
EVA 00 Pilot

Quote:
Originally posted by Frostman445

well i discussed it with my parent's and they argeed is paypal ok?
Cool! Thanks for asking Frostie!

Old Jan 10th, 2003, 11:27 PM   #53
Gadzoox
goon squad

Gadzoox is on a distinguished road
Urgh... I'm sorry guys, especially Rei, I guess I was just upset about the whole situation and started on the defensive. I feel like a boob for jumping on you like that.

So people would be paying to access the site itself too? I thought it was just to access the forums...

Gadzoox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 10th, 2003, 11:41 PM   #54
Rei
EVA 00 Pilot

Yes, it would be for the site too. The problem are not the forums Gadzoox, but the site in general. The forums are somewhat a "minor" trouble at the moment, because they're only a section of the site, not the whole site, but it's obvious that if the rest of PS2Fantasy is closed, the forums won't stay opened as well.
Old Jan 10th, 2003, 11:46 PM   #55
Gadzoox
goon squad

Gadzoox is on a distinguished road
Well I figured if people payed to access the forums, it would pay for the site and everything; but I guess that isn't really fair to the paying members is it? No.

If worse goes to worser we could always create a free Ezboard forum and move everything over there!! Just a suggestion, ignore me if it's stupid. (which it is so just ignore me anyways.)
Gadzoox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 10th, 2003, 11:51 PM   #56
Rei
EVA 00 Pilot

Quote:
Originally posted by Gadzoox

If worse goes to worser we could always create a free Ezboard forum and move everything over there!! Just a suggestion, ignore me if it's stupid. (which it is so just ignore me anyways.)
LOL! No, you're not stupid! We haven't decided anything for the present moment, we're still thinking about strategies to keep the site opened. This poll was just a way to get feedback regarding one of those strategies we have discussed during the last period.
Old Jan 11th, 2003, 02:45 AM   #57
Redpyramidhead
pazparacolombia

Redpyramidhead is on a distinguished road
I have a wild idea and I don't even know if it's plausible, but how about anybody who is willing to pay the amount can pay sort of like giving donations and everybody can benefit from it. It wouldn't solve all problems, but it would certainly allow the website to run longer atleast am I not right? Now I'm not sure how many people would actually pay or even make themselves remember to pay their monthly fee or how that whole situation could be governed, but it would be better than no money, right? I'm willing to put in my share when the time comes. There must be a way for this to work.

_RED_ stuff

"..loathsome laughing, mixed with such a cry as no man has heard save for in the phlegathon of unrelatable nightmares; a cry wherein reverberated the horror and anguish of a haunted lifetime packed into one atrocious moment..."
Redpyramidhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 11th, 2003, 04:32 AM   #58
mark0™
Extinct.

mark0™ is on a distinguished road
Yeah, you should set up a Pay-Pal donation scheme, couldn't hurt right, instead of initially bringing out monthly fees. Good Idea, I've seen it before
mark0™ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 11th, 2003, 05:34 AM   #59
Chara
Over the edge

Chara is on a distinguished road
Yeah, I'd pay a little fee for PS2Fantasy. Its only $24 a year so I would... only if its paypal because I dont have a credit card. I need to be 3 years older in order to get one...
Old Jan 11th, 2003, 05:46 AM   #60
kupoartist
.illustrated.thingy.

kupoartist is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally posted by Rei
I won't post names of dead sites, but there were many more till last year, trust me. Just to mention one, do you remeber TheGIA?It's closed, after years and years of activity.
and a sad day that was... no wait, it was april fools day and no-one believed it until they noticed it was closed a month later... doh! (they did kind of turn into gameforms though...)
kupoartist is offline   Reply With Quote