Home  Appotography.com 
advertisement Tiny Crosswords - Made by MagnetiCatGames.com
Playstation 2 Fantasy - Everything about Playstation 2 Developed on Alienware! Search games!
  Register   Calendar   Members   FAQ   Home  

Latest NewsReviewsPreviewsFeaturesScreenshotsContact Our Staff

Welcome to the PsFantasy.com Forums.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Go Back  PsFantasy.com Forums » General Forums » General Chat

Old May 20th, 2005, 11:29 AM   #21
Vic Viper
Nero Must Die !

Vic Viper is on a distinguished road
do you guys think its better than episode 4,5,6 ?

damn i really need to see this movie..

Vic Viper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 20th, 2005, 03:09 PM   #22
goodman

goodman is on a distinguished road
Yeah no one would say 4 and 5 are better, really, and its #6 so yes its better. Mainly because it brings us back to some of the original characters we went through adventures with in the early times and there is a lot of action and fun. Episode 1 was a letdown to me after seeing the first three movies, episode 2 was a noticeable improvement, and this is very much a noticeable improvement over the other two, so go find out, not that hard to do, really...
goodman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 20th, 2005, 03:13 PM   #23
jjmoohead
MAGIC MONKEY

jjmoohead is on a distinguished roadjjmoohead is on a distinguished roadjjmoohead is on a distinguished road
im presoanlly excited to watch episodes 4, 5 and 6 now. You see I have the advantage in my mind. I never truely watched the orginal star wars movies. I mean i know i have seen all 3 of them, but I couldnt tell you what happens in each on really. So now that I have seen the first 3 now, watching the orginal 3 will be exciting.

The Magic Is Coming!
jjmoohead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 20th, 2005, 04:32 PM   #24
goodman

Ive seen the original Star Wars probably 5 times, first time was in 77 when it released, and others were on tv or the revised edition about eight years ago they were promoting. The second ive seen probably six times, and the third, oh probably five times im guessing. I havent seen any of the other movies more than once if that tells you anything, but i will probably see episode 3 again sometime because i liked it...
Old May 20th, 2005, 04:51 PM   #25
Faile
ys.

Faile is on a distinguished road
I went back and saw it again tonight. The more I thought about it last night, the more affecting I found it. It really is a descent into darkness and is actually (perhaps shockingly) quite sad, perhaps poignant. It's also mildly political and comments on some more recent events, which I always appreciate. I don't know, I really enjoyed it. More so the second time, even.

www.catherineandtheowl.com

purr. miaow. hiss.
Faile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 20th, 2005, 11:14 PM   #26
goodman

Largest box office take in the history of movies on opening day, says a lot about how many wanted to see it, for sure...
Old May 21st, 2005, 10:27 AM   #27
MADRUCKIS
Noble Psychopath

MADRUCKIS is on a distinguished road
While writing a chapter of my book about a year ago, I was in full ‘mental momentum’-writing chapter after chapter in blurs like nobodys business. I then wrote the line:

‘He had heard stories about them: boys with amazing speed and girls that can walk through walls.’

I looked at the line and tried to write more but my hand refused-it refused to allow me to continue after such an extremely horribly written line. I couldn’t continue the chapter and then, ultimately, had to scrap the entire chapter it was written in for a better approach. That one line killed my whole great idea, forcing me back to the drawing…er….writing board; It is a place where I hope to see Lucas go after watching Revenge of the Sith last night.
The movie was rolling on very little momentum. Attack of Clones was weak (save for the last fight) and it’s a shame, since Lucas had the perfect formula. ‘Empire Strikes Back’ is one of my favorite movies of all time because it ended with a lot of things that had went wrong-the hero was beaten, Solo was taken, and the Empire looked unstoppable. But I guess I enjoyed ‘Empire…’ so much because “Return of the Jedi” followed and tied up the loose ends in great fashion. ‘Revenge…’ was such a big let down because after all these years, 20 plus lawd jesus, Lucas doesn’t seem to be able to get anything from his writing. The theater watching your movie is not supposed to laugh when you’re not making a joke, Mr. Lucas. But damn, he had some great lines (great going down from 0).
‘My heart is breaking!’
‘Hold me.’
I blamed the stupid acting for the ridiculous scene where they frolic and fall in love in ep II. But this movie showed what really was wrong. Someone delivers the line:
‘She is perfectly healthy but we are still losing her. She has lost the will to live.’
The great part of that scene was that it was said by a robot, proving that acting has nothing to do with it. Portman and Hayden (even Sam Jackson himself) seemed to force lines (force get it? No….awwww). In Sin City, a line like that would be laughed at but excepted like the gritty comic its supposed to be. They don’t belong in a movie that’s supposed to be taking a jab at Bush and his politics
(did anyone get that? Empire runned by a man who shouldn’t have gotten an extension in his time in office during a war that he started only for his personal gain. Mindless clones who do his bidding instantly and turn on the people who want to end the war for good.)
The movie is visually great, like its supposed to be and its much more brutal than the other movies of the series. But tiny holes in the plot (Yoda can feel people dying thousands of miles away, but Obi Won can’t sense there are two twins in a womans’ belly who can also use the force?) only give way to bigger ones when its not believable. The writing seemed to get worse since the first…or last three….came out in the 10-80’s but how is that possible? I spent about 2 hours of waiting in the cold outside just to get in the theater, 2 hours of sitting in a weak movie, and 2 hours of getting home afterwards. It took me less than 6 hours to rewrite that horrible chapter I wrote and to undo my mistake. But Lucas couldn’t do anything within a 6 year span to wrap this up nicely.
The movie is probably one of the best of the first three episodes but with a script written in crayon, it was not worth the hype.
MADRUCKIS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 21st, 2005, 12:56 PM   #28
goodman

Excellent points, as one would expect, Mad. I definitely didnt go away from the movie awed, just felt something, unlike the previous two. Im looking forward to the summer movie season, between War of the Worlds, Fantastic Four and some of the other coming flicks i think it should be a decent summer. I considered this to be a tee off to the summer campaign...
Old May 23rd, 2005, 12:04 AM   #29
Redpyramidhead
pazparacolombia

Redpyramidhead is on a distinguished road
Madruckis, I disagree with you completely. To me, this was the prequel that redeemed all previous mistakes in the first two. I would go so far as to say I found this movie to be surreal in parts and completely and totally uncanny in its ability to recapture the feel of the original star wars movies that I loved so much growing up. It was nostalgaic while somehow creating a new nostalgia that I know I will feel years from now someday when I see Revenge of the Sith again. This is indeed a dark movie. The darkest of all of them, and it had to be. Maybe I'm evil... cuz I was wallowing in sick lust for all of the horrible things that happened... feeling like the very dark side of the force was seducing me... to me that is proof of a job well done... thats what the goal was... I also cried inside... tears almost flowed... thank you George Lucas for redeeming yourself and ending this mindblowing saga properly! I give two thumbs up... cuz I can... cuz I have two of them!

_RED_ stuff

"..loathsome laughing, mixed with such a cry as no man has heard save for in the phlegathon of unrelatable nightmares; a cry wherein reverberated the horror and anguish of a haunted lifetime packed into one atrocious moment..."

Last edited by Redpyramidhead; May 23rd, 2005 at 12:09 AM..
Redpyramidhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 23rd, 2005, 09:37 AM   #30
Chara
Over the edge

Chara is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by kupoartist
I think he really stretched the boundaries of "side plot". That guy was there for 75% of the movie - that probably makes him the most obtrusive "side plot" ever made. Not one event was left unpunctuated by the pungent stench of his presence, nor the nails-on-chalkboard sound of his dialogue.
Heh... wow that is harsh.

I didnt think Jar Jar was really that bad... I hated him more in Episode II because that guy really has no business being on the senate. When he was supposed to be giving his serious speech to the senate, or whatever, I just bust out in laughter... loudly.

But yea, I liked episode III. The acting was horrible at times (you can not say the part where Vader yelled "NOOOO!" was not funny. I kinda half-expected him to say "Curses foiled again!" and twirl his moustache after that), and I didnt like it when...

Spoiler: show
Order 66 was executed and the jedi put up no fight at all. Lucas said the jedi were not going to go down easily... but, wtf, they went down in like 2 seconds. How were these jedi masters not able to sense something was amiss and prevent themselves from getting shot down? Also, a jedi getting shot down by blaster fire, wtf? That one dude who tried to deflect the blaster fire looked like he hasnt touched a lightsaber in his life and was just waving it around. How could a younger jedi master, obi-wan, be able to run away from an entire army, while these older jedi masters get shot down by a few clones? I didnt like how that was played out at all.

Also Chewbacca had no business being in that movie... at all. I suppose he was just put there so people could be like "OMG, its chewie!"
Old May 23rd, 2005, 10:25 AM   #31
Faile
ys.

Faile is on a distinguished road
I think it's rather harsh to criticise the writing in Star Wars. It's not meant to be brilliantly scripted, Lucas' inspiration was the serial adventure comics of his youth, a genre not known for its brilliant writing. These are adventure stories! More action, less acting. I think Star Wars succeeds at what it should, people just expect more because of the effect that popular culture holds over us all.

www.catherineandtheowl.com

purr. miaow. hiss.
Faile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 23rd, 2005, 11:45 AM   #32
Redpyramidhead
pazparacolombia

Redpyramidhead is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chara
Heh... wow that is harsh.

Also Chewbacca had no business being in that movie... at all. I suppose he was just put there so people could be like "OMG, its chewie!"
Ok, first of all... what would you have rather Vader had said?

And second of all, what the hell is wrong with chewbacca being in the movie?!? NOTHING. He had every business being in the movie. It's Chewbacca!

_RED_ stuff

"..loathsome laughing, mixed with such a cry as no man has heard save for in the phlegathon of unrelatable nightmares; a cry wherein reverberated the horror and anguish of a haunted lifetime packed into one atrocious moment..."
Redpyramidhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 23rd, 2005, 01:13 PM   #33
Chara
Over the edge

Chara is on a distinguished road
Haha, I'm fine with what he said, it was just the way that was acted out. They really could've done a retake of that.

But ah, I really am nitpicking. It was a good movie. ^_^
Old May 23rd, 2005, 06:03 PM   #34
MADRUCKIS
Noble Psychopath

that really was some really cheesy crap

and I wrote really twice in the last sentence to really amplify the suckiness, really.

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO*COUGH*OOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOO

and the whole room shakes

like a bad snl sketch

and I disagree with you Faile. The first three were the most imaginative works of film during my lifetime...plain period. How many cheesy lines were in the original three? many.....but for some reason they were all memorable, as if the movie wouldnt be the same without em. "Let the Wookie win." alone beats any of the lines said in ep III. The writing is supposed to the story, its details that cant be portrayed by someone simply lopping off anothers head.
I swear, my whole theater was laughing at every single Padame/Anakin talk. not just chuckling......LOL'ing
it totally draws away from the action, too distracting when you stop caring about your characters

and yea Red, dont get me wrong. This was the best out of the prequals but it no way comes close to 'Empire' or 'Return'. No matter what, maybe because I was just a kid when I watched it but even when I see it now...I cared about those characters. Solo being frozen, Lukes' realization that he had been fighting his father. All of that is totally cinema without having to distract things with shoddy character development and plot holes

and heres my last point, one that proves that I'm not the only person who feels the same way

I spent my weekend trying to buy the star wars box set, traveled all around the city. Ive been to 7 retailers and all are sold out. Meanwhile, theyre practically giving away dvds of ep I and II. $6.99 each if you buy two, their shelves overflowing with em collecting dust. I wont be able to get the boxy until mid june they say if I dont buy it online
ep III did rekindle my love of the first three, I'll give it that
Old May 29th, 2005, 08:34 PM   #35
DragonSphere
Beneath the Shadow

DragonSphere is on a distinguished road
yea i have to agree with that whole Vader thing. . . hell i literally had to turn away when he said it, lol. But other then that, Revenge of the Sith was awesome and made me appreciate the whole story arc a lot more.
DragonSphere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 30th, 2005, 04:07 AM   #36
trunks69420
Now Im Nothing

trunks69420 is on a distinguished road
i went to the 12:01 showing... i just never wrote about it.. damn good movie.. i liked it a lot... somewhat cheesy in some parts.. but overall.. good flick. definitely better than eps I & II... a lot better.. as per the triliogy.. i cant judge that. its a classic.. it cant be compared in my opinion... but thats just me... done.

five vicodin chased with a shot of clarity...
trunks69420 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 30th, 2005, 04:25 AM   #37
Keyblade Master

Keyblade Master is on a distinguished road
Damn! Need to see Movie...
Regret Playing video game first....

A teacher asks "Tell me who invented the bow and arrow??" "The cavemen!!!" gary cried enthusiastically.
"Cavemen?? And what do you suppose prompted cavemen to come up with the bow and arrow??
"Er...somebody kept stealing the wheel??
Keyblade Master is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 2nd, 2005, 09:17 AM   #38
Soul Angel

Soul Angel is on a distinguished road
I just saw the movie last night and I thought it was pretty good and worth seeing imo.
It tied up some of the lose ends very nicely as well.

"I'm back! But for how long who knows? But PS2Fantasy will always be on my mind!"
Soul Angel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 3rd, 2005, 10:40 AM   #39
MADRUCKIS
Noble Psychopath

mhmm

speakin of loose ends, I saw eps 4-6 again and in ep 5, Obi tells Luke:

"Go to Dagoba and seek out Yoda. He was the one who taught me."

Yoda didnt teach Obi, ep I said Qui-Gon was Obis' Master
Old Jun 3rd, 2005, 11:33 AM   #40
Uchiha Sasuke
Cursed

Uchiha Sasuke is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by MADRUCKIS
mhmm

speakin of loose ends, I saw eps 4-6 again and in ep 5, Obi tells Luke:

"Go to Dagoba and seek out Yoda. He was the one who taught me."

Yoda didnt teach Obi, ep I said Qui-Gon was Obis' Master
Another correction. Yoda did have training for Obi-Won. At the end of episode three he tells him about a way to become one with the force. That may be what he was referring to.

~The Official Ps2Fantasy Ninja~

~A Life Without Love, Is No Life At All~

Social Networks
Uchiha Sasuke is offline   Reply With Quote