Home  Appotography.com 
advertisement Tiny Crosswords - Made by MagnetiCatGames.com
Playstation 2 Fantasy - Everything about Playstation 2 Developed on Alienware! Search games!
  Register   Calendar   Members   FAQ   Home  

Latest NewsReviewsPreviewsFeaturesScreenshotsContact Our Staff

Welcome to the PsFantasy.com Forums.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Go Back  PsFantasy.com Forums » General Forums » General Chat

Old Apr 1st, 2002, 07:18 PM   #21
007_JamesBond
Angel of Darkness

007_JamesBond is on a distinguished road
so then Mena do you beleive that we were created bygod or that we evolved? that kind of brings us back to the age old question which came first the chicken or the egg? I am against the fact that I am not in control

victory comes to those who want it the most

i am only mearly surviving
007_JamesBond is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 1st, 2002, 07:55 PM   #22
Bhcdarkness
Sanity Seeker

Bhcdarkness is on a distinguished road
the whole "Greater Being" thing doesnt work for me. its just too shaky.. i dont see how people can have faith in it... or atleast in the manner that Christians do. i dunno about Islamic culture or Buddist either.

id really like to disscuss it with someone who knows what there talking about in the Christian faith. because from what ive encountered with Christians around here is there all completly blind to other thoughts about faith and whatnot.

People around here are like "God has been here since the beginning" and im like "so what, he was just sitting around one day in the eternal darkness and was just like "hey, i think ill make..." so on and so forth.

and nothing is mentioned about dinosaurs... i mean it went straight from the earth, to adam and eve. and there is clearly scientific proof that dinosaurs existed.

sorry. im way to anilitical.

but as i stated before. im open to change. if 'God' comes swooping down from the heavens and can do all this crazy godly shit and i can shake his hand and talk to him... then im a believer.

please, someone who knows there Christianity give me some hints here on whats going on.
Bhcdarkness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 1st, 2002, 08:24 PM   #23
Cannibal Clown
Taijutsu Master

Cannibal Clown is on a distinguished road
For one, dinosaurs are mentioned in the bible. I don't follow the bible very well, but in the book of Job, there is a huge dragon like beast and all sorts of stange shit like that.

Think of it this way. Where do you think the idea of dragons came from? When you look at a skelleton of a Tyrannosaurus Rex, doesn't it look a lot like one of those renditions in those old knights in shining armour stories.

Anyway, I do believe in fate. It can be altered by what we do, but altimatly, will will all end up where we were supposed to.

For me it's like, only certain parts of our lives are set for us. We all have the option of doing what we want, but sooner or later, something beyond your control will take place and put you back where you were meant to be.

Think of your life, and about what you like about it. What you wouldn't change for the world. Then imagine how that came to be, and if one aspect of your life was changed, and your life would be completely different. It's hard to explain, but everything about you and who you are and what your life reflects on what has happened to you in the past. And usually those events are very big and important ones that you had no control over. What if it didn't happen? The mere fact that you're a boy, or a girl is all determined by which sperm got inside the egg first. What if your mother wasn't fertile that day, then your parents would try having you a different day, and it would have such a huge effect on who you are right now. Youi could be of the other sex, or have been born five months earlier, or later, being in a different grade, living with different people, growing up in a different environment.

What I'm trying to get at is that we have no way in hell in controlling what happens to us. Somehow, a higher power is at work and, even though we don't notice it, we are affected every day. We can't do anything about it. All we do, is make the journy a little more difficult at times, by changing what you want to happen.

I prtobally lost every body after the first line, but I hope I at least gotr through to someone.

Cannibal Clown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 1st, 2002, 08:43 PM   #24
jenova_jeb
The Jebster

jenova_jeb is on a distinguished road
mog

If he came down and showed everyone what he could do then everyone would believe, the only problem is it wouldn't be because of your faith, it'd just be because of his tricks. God doesn't want to win you over with cheap tricks, he wants you to have faith and believe in him.
When you become a Christian and you begin to grow in your walk with Christ, you will be amazed at how some people can not acknowledge him at all. When you actually have a relationship with him, you will feel so much better! God has shown himself to me in AMAZING ways.

I'd like to address one of your points. The Bible never says that their weren't dinosaurs. Infact, it says that there WERE. The only difference is that they called him "behemoth" instead of "dinosaurs". It says that behemoth blows fire from his nostrils, and has skin like armor, and that there is no beast as mighty as him. Sounds like a dinosaur if you ask me.

Anyway, here is one of the spectacular things that has happened to me, which I am convince was from God.

A few years ago my family and I were camping at lake Michigan. We all wanted to go swimming, so we all got ready. My Mom decided that she was going to stay home because she was tired and wanted to take a nap. So my Dad and the rest of my siblings took off to the beach.
When we arrived, the waves were really big. We didn't realize it at the time, but they had one of those red flags out that meant there was an undertoe and that it was dangerous to swim. Since I hadn't seen the flag I ran down to the lake and got in. I was having a great time in the waves, smashing up against them and stuff. However, the farther I went, the harder I found it to swim. When I finally realized what was happening, there was no way for me to get out. I started screaming like crazy. I had never been so scared in all my life. No matter how hard I swam, I just kept going back. After a minute or so of screaming my head off, some of the people that were swimming a little ways back realized what was happening. My Dad saw what was happening and came out as fast as he could. It didn't do much good though because know he was stuck as well. Neither of us could get out no matter how hard we tried.

Meanwhile, back at the trailer which was a mile and a half away, my Mom had been sleeping. Suddenly she awoke with a start and had an overwhelming desire to pray for her son. She didn't know which one of us it was, but she knew that something was going wrong. She couldn't shake this feeling that she was being urged by God to pray for her Son (me), so she did. Once she was done, however, she just thought "oh, I must just be paranoid." So, she went back to sleep. However, after about 10 minutes she woke up again, with another overwhelming urge to pray for her Son. By this time she was starting to the she wasn't just paranoid, because no mateer what she did she could not get rid of the feeling. She prayed again, and went back to sleep.

Back at the beach my Dad and I were still caught in the waves. By now more people had caught on, and were trying to get stuff out to us so we could stay afloat. By then though, we were so far back that they were having a very hard time doing it. One of them finally got one of those little floaty things and started trying to throw it to me. My Dad was about 15 feet behind me. Finally after about 7 throws, he got it out far enough that I was able to reach it. After a little while, I had floated in far enough that I was able to get out. However, my Dad was still in caught in the undertoe, and they didn't have another floaty. Besides, he was about 15 feet behind me so there was no way they would have been able to get one to him. That's when the strangest thing happened, my Dad had a floaty! He doesn't remember where he got it, but he had it. Thankfully, he was then able to bring himself in. When we got to the beach we were both exhausted. It had been about 15 minutes of complete struggling. Once we were able to move, we tried to locate an owner for my Dad's floaty, but couldn't find one anywhere.

There's no way that that was just coincidence. There IS a God, and he IS real. If this had happened to you, there would be no doubt in your mind that God is very real.

We've had other things that were just as awesome as this happen to us as well. I can tell them if anyone is interested in hearing them.

You guys may not believe me, but that's ok. I'm not sure I would have believed it if it hadn't of happened to me. But let me assure you, it DID happen, and I will never forget it.
Old Apr 1st, 2002, 08:59 PM   #25
Cannibal Clown
Taijutsu Master

Cannibal Clown is on a distinguished road
That's really cool.

I know a few people who say that they've had experiences where they said that there was no dought that God was there saving their lives. The stories are actually kinda cool.

I'm not going to bother typing them down, because I'm too tired, and I don't like typing much at all so...

And Jenova, I believe you 100% about what you said.

I don't know if anyone else does, but I do. I'm also a christian, not a very strong one, but good enough for me to feel good about myself when I die.

Oh well, all of these stupid little questions we have will all be answered when we die. And if there really isn't a god, and life is just a little joy ride, oh well. At least I'm having fun riding it, with a clean consience. That's all that matters I guess.

Cannibal Clown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 1st, 2002, 09:06 PM   #26
jenova_jeb
The Jebster

jenova_jeb is on a distinguished road
Thanks, man .
Old Apr 2nd, 2002, 12:10 AM   #27
happy_doughnut
just a rolling stone

happy_doughnut is on a distinguished road
Angry

Very well said Jenova. That's a wonderful story *sniff*. That's just one of the many miracles God can do.

Well, as you might have seen, I never said you weren't in control of your life. Of course you are. God gives that option. No, I will never swallow that crap that we evolved from some ape or any other animal. The truth is that we were made by God and that is a fact. If one, however, chooses to not believe in what is true, you can go ahead and do so because you have that choice. The final outcome of our lives will depend solemnly on the decisions we make because that's how it's meant to be.
happy_doughnut is offline   Reply With Quote