Home  Appotography.com 
advertisement Tiny Crosswords - Made by MagnetiCatGames.com
Playstation 2 Fantasy - Everything about Playstation 2 Developed on Alienware! Search games!
  Register   Calendar   Members   FAQ   Home  

Latest NewsReviewsPreviewsFeaturesScreenshotsContact Our Staff

Welcome to the PsFantasy.com Forums.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Go Back  PsFantasy.com Forums » Gaming Forums » Action And Adventure

Old Dec 23rd, 2002, 07:25 PM   #21
Dr.Doom

Dr.Doom is on a distinguished road
Its only 29.99cdn now very cheap for such a great game SH2
Dr.Doom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 23rd, 2002, 10:48 PM   #22
Infernal Mass
pariah

Infernal Mass is on a distinguished road
it's 19.99 now plus you get the extra Maria scenerio , i haven't got a clue for the UFO ending though. I'm currently trying to beat the game to get the blue gem needed to recieve that ending.

Also unless my eyes are decieving me the color in the greatest hits version is a little bit better.
Infernal Mass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 24th, 2002, 06:02 PM   #23
Dr.Doom

Dr.Doom is on a distinguished road
not to be rude but no one answer my question...are the developrs finally getting some power out of the ps2
Dr.Doom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 25th, 2002, 09:08 PM   #24
MakgSnake

MakgSnake is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally posted by Dr.Doom

not to be rude but no one answer my question...are the developrs finally getting some power out of the ps2
I'd say yeah, just look at SH3, and dont forget, CY Girls, the graphics looks pretty amazing. We'll have to see for GT4 (Possible for being online) graphics, which people are saying might come out Next Xmas. Tomb Raider would have some sweet ass graphics without any doubt and a few more I believe.
Old Dec 26th, 2002, 07:46 AM   #25
dan da man
Talk to the hand

dan da man is on a distinguished road
makg u forgot mgs2!
Old Jan 8th, 2003, 03:06 AM   #26
Infernal Mass
pariah

Infernal Mass is on a distinguished road
this post was made at another spot..

Quote:
Here's a few of the ones I found to be interesting. I'll post more as I translate them.
----------------
From Santa (Niigita prefecture)
Q: Please tell me what the theme to Silent Hill 3 is.

A: It's "Love"
But with just this written, you may feel like laughing, but this has always been the core theme of the Silent Hill series. With SH1, there was "A daughter with a loving father, but with no mother", SH2 had the "madness of a man who lost his loved one", and SH3.......Whether it's in one shape or another.....We'd like you to find that out.
"I want to complain about something" or "I hear a crisis bell" or any other noble things that don't fit a characteristic, only I think about "A human being's like a human being, and what is this thing that shows good and evil or beauty and ugliness? When a human encounters terror for no reason, what is the reason to stand up and fight?" Only "love" has been drawn from that, so that will be the theme for the time being.
One more thing is "Terror". This goes without saying, but this is the basis of what we want to accomplish with the Silent Hill games.
Hiroyuki Owaku (Scenario Writer)
-----------------
From aquarias (Aichi prefecture)
Q: Once and for all, have you planned a release date yet?*

A: We don't know "once and for all" yet, but it'll be some time in 2003. Because we will announce it immediately after we decide, please wait a little.
-Kazuhide Nakazawa (Director)

* I assume he's wondering about the Japanese release date
--------------------------
From Simon Birndle (Outside Japan)
Q: Will Silent Hill 3's Alternate World resemble the one from Silent Hill or Silent Hill 2?

A: The way of presentation was difficult.....In Silent Hill 1, the Real World and the Alternate World were drawn so the differences could be easliy distinguished. In SH2, the plan was to make the 2 look closer to eachother. If the latest game, SH3 is judged from this point of view, it'll be more like SH1's. If we thought of the expression technique, it could be completely different from SH1's. Because SH1's and SH2's motives were so different, the result of the world's expression technique differed so much. Naturally, SH3 is different from either one of those. Therefore, as a rule, we don't say things like "Which one should it resemble?" Also, from the work's standpoint, we would like to do similar things for many more years.
If SH1 was "Male" and SH2 was "Female", SH3 would be, like... "A female with a male outlook". I privately agree with this expression.
-Masahiro Ito (Art Director)
here's some more info

Spoiler: show
I honestly don't know if this is in any way true but here it's a quote..

"OK guys; this is it. This is the official alternate SH3 plot being drafed as a back-up by the team in case the current story folds or doesn't work. Don't ask questions on how, why or what do I mean... please read before you think it's made-up!!!....

It still features Heather but it also involves a boy of her age (as yet not named). The gameplay would switch from Heather to the boy at some way through the game and players would control the boy as a way to reach one of TWO big endings; if the players chose to save Heather one particular ending would trigger, if they chose to save the boy, another ending would happen. The endings would then branch in one more way; if the players chose to save Heather they would either succeed or fail; if they succeeded, boy would perish, if they failed, boy would live; if they chose to save the boy they would either perish/fail but Heather would never survive.

It involved Heather discovering that her father was actually not biologically hers ("the man who is not my father"), and Heather was the girl chosen to prevent the destruction of Silent Hill by a crazy sect hell-bent on bringing hell-on-earth (described as a kind of black hole in the world; i.e. that is what silent hill would become); the mad religious sect wanted this hellish town to come about as a way to draw the "world's sinners" to it so they may perish , like a mouse would be drawn to a mousetrap. This is what they saw as a solution to all the world's ills; by purging the evil people from the world, mankind would be pure and good once more.

It's not clear how Heather would be used, but it was clear that she was to be captured at some stage, at which point the game would focus on the boy's efforts to either save her or save himself and escape.

This apparently big decsion would be a tough one to make as the boy would have been a bit of trouble maker in the past, forcing him to think twice about saving Heather since if he did, he stood a chance of being captured in the hellish silent hill and hunted down like any of the other evil people it was supposed to draw in.

Ok, that's all I found out, but I cant post up the link as it's a japanese site and I can't type the symbols"

take it as you will

Infernal Mass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 6th, 2003, 05:00 AM   #27
stuartb

stuartb is on a distinguished road
i have the game in my possession,and i can tell u now people its not just the graphics that are amazing,everything is amazing.the graphics engine are being pushed to the limit and konami have made a gem here.its just one sick twisted little game and i love it.
stuartb is offline   Reply With Quote