Home  Appotography.com 
advertisement Tiny Crosswords - Made by MagnetiCatGames.com
Playstation 2 Fantasy - Everything about Playstation 2 Developed on Alienware! Search games!
  Register   Calendar   Members   FAQ   Home  

Latest NewsReviewsPreviewsFeaturesScreenshotsContact Our Staff

Welcome to the PsFantasy.com Forums.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Go Back  PsFantasy.com Forums » General Forums » General Chat

Old Dec 13th, 2003, 08:23 PM   #1
happy_doughnut
just a rolling stone

happy_doughnut is on a distinguished road
Angry Where did I put it?

Are you forgetful? Do you easily, and I mean easily forget things? How about important things - do you forget those easily, too? Or are you one of those people with great memories ?

Me? Well, let's put it this way: If my head weren't stuck on my neck, I would've lost it already. Really.

Like right now, for example: I lost a notebook. And oh... my... god... that notebook is of extreme importance! My mom asked me to keep it for her while she was away and there was well over 3K $ in there. x_x (Please, don't ask why I kept it in a notebook... *sigh*). So, yep... I have no idea where that is I'm going to be in so much trouble, it's not even funny.... ahaha.. haha... haa... *dies*

(That notebook... has GOT to appear. It just has to!!)

Anyway, what about you? How often do you "misplace" things? Where would your head be if it weren't stuck on your body? :p

*goes away with a major headache*
happy_doughnut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 13th, 2003, 09:40 PM   #2
Virtualeclipse
Virtual

Virtualeclipse is on a distinguished road
lol i forget that what i need is right in front of me. For example a book can be right in front of me and ill spend half an hour looking 4 it
Virtualeclipse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 13th, 2003, 10:21 PM   #3
DSgamer
here and there

DSgamer is on a distinguished road
i forget things, i usualy forget little things thoug, but i never forget where my money is, or where my gameboy is since i always have to bring it w/ me everywhere, even to school since im already done with the whole computer program in that class i just sit n play mario games
Old Dec 13th, 2003, 10:50 PM   #4
Beretta55
Reached for the sky

Beretta55 is on a distinguished road
I lose alot of things currently my copy of final fantasy X and contra shattered soldier are missing......
i use to lose my most crucial item alot......my glasses! good thing i just put them on a book im currently reading i usally do forget alot of things. but lately i havent been losing too many things but i bet that will soon change
Old Dec 14th, 2003, 07:12 AM   #5
Redpyramidhead
pazparacolombia

Redpyramidhead is on a distinguished road
I seem to temporily misplace things that cause me to be late in leaving and getting some place on time like my car keys or wallet for instance. Back when I needed glasses for driving, well you guess it, I would misplace those, too. Oh yeah, and my cell phone is often put down somewhere where I can't find it until after spending a half hour tearing my hair out and walking all over the place looking for it! And, my god if I was missing 3 grand right now I would probably die also! Mena, are you ok, dear?!?!? *HUGS* Don't die, please!

And finally, if my head were not attached to my neck, I'm sure it would be misplaced by now.

_RED_ stuff

"..loathsome laughing, mixed with such a cry as no man has heard save for in the phlegathon of unrelatable nightmares; a cry wherein reverberated the horror and anguish of a haunted lifetime packed into one atrocious moment..."
Redpyramidhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 14th, 2003, 08:48 AM   #6
goodman

goodman is on a distinguished road
Actually, I think you will find that things like that change some once your out on your own. I am still forgetful, but for the important things, i remember quite well. I used to lose things all the time when i was younger, and no doubt that having someone there who could replace it, or forgive the slip-up on a regular basis, made it an easy thing to get away with. Once every decision you make is the difference between your success and your failure in life, then your memory becomes more focused and you find yourself remembering much more. So your actually going through a phase right now that is there due to your life situation, and hopefully for you and your family will change with time and growing up...
goodman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 14th, 2003, 11:26 AM   #7
Pu the Owl
Useless Oracle™

Pu the Owl is on a distinguished road
I've once read a theory in a psychology book. This theory said that you never lose anything, you intentionally put it somewhere you won't be able to find it for reasons you're not clearly given to know. Same goes for forgetting appointments and so on. It's a self-defense mechanism or a mechanism to erase inner fears. I don't trust this theory much, but it helps a bit to know there must be a reason for forgetting or losing something

I forget where I put my things, then I find them when I don't need them anymore. Countless times I lost keys, books, other objects, and a couple of times money! I forget to do what others tell me and I often have to repeat that I have to do something mentally to not forget it later. For other things, as facts or events, my memory is perfect. I can always remember. Maybe, thinking about it, there's some truth in the above theory about forgetting things
Pu the Owl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 14th, 2003, 11:42 AM   #8
Rei
EVA 00 Pilot

Rei is on a distinguished road
There are days in which I could forget anything! I don't know why, but during the rest of the time I don't have these problems, or if it happens to me to forget something, it's not that bothering. But some days, I just can't remember things. I keep on forgetting. Best thing in these cases is giving up and trying to remember later, when you're not stressed!
Rei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 14th, 2003, 03:11 PM   #9
Gadzoox
goon squad

Gadzoox is on a distinguished road
I have a horrible memory!

Like this year, like the first day of college I bought on of the recommended books for my life drawing class. The next day I couldn't find it, and the last day of the first semester I took my paper out of my locker and there was the book underneath the paper!!!
I'm ust glad I didnt go buy a new copy of the book; though i could have used it... heh!
Gadzoox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 14th, 2003, 10:49 PM   #10
Meiko

Meiko is on a distinguished road
I don't forget many things, my memory ain't that bad, but when I forget something I really do, meaning I won't remember where I put it or what I have to do, even if I think for hours or search the whole town...
Meiko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 14th, 2003, 11:09 PM   #11
Piggle_humsy
The One & Only

Piggle_humsy is on a distinguished roadPiggle_humsy is on a distinguished roadPiggle_humsy is on a distinguished roadPiggle_humsy is on a distinguished roadPiggle_humsy is on a distinguished roadPiggle_humsy is on a distinguished roadPiggle_humsy is on a distinguished road
Re: Where did I put it?

Quote:
Originally posted by happy_doughnut

Like right now, for example: I lost a notebook. And oh... my... god... that notebook is of extreme importance! My mom asked me to keep it for her while she was away and there was well over 3K $ in there. x_x
Ooh I hope I find it! But seriously i'm sure it'll turn up.

I am very observant and remember alot of things, mostly stuff I can use on ppl later on. hahaha!
But I still forget stuff aswell, not alot, but everyone does now and again.
My sis is the worst because she forgets she's even seen stuff, like one time which I will never forget!! I bought a sony walkman which had a years guarantee and after almost a year it broke so I had the receipt in a cupboard safe so I went to get it, finding out that my sister had tidied the cupboards out and moved everything so I asked her where she had moved my receipt to and she said "There wasn't any bits of paper in there and if there was I would have noticed it and put it somewhere safe.." when I knew i'd put it in there, and she told me I hadnt and swore she'd never seen or touched it, so then the warranty to take it back ran out on the 31st of August and guess what I came across on the 2nd of September!!! And what did my sister say when I found it.. "Oh yeh I remember putting it there now"
Man I could have killed her
She does stuff like that all the time!
My dad forgets stuff alot and also gets mad at himself when he does it, which isn't fun, so everyone helps to find anything he loses before he goes mad!

Piggle
x x x x

Piggle_humsy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 15th, 2003, 04:46 AM   #12
Berserker
misfit

Berserker is on a distinguished road
My memory is bad and getting worse every weekend. I think I suffer from an early stage of Korsakov-syndrom, due to too much drinking in the past when I go to a bar nowadays I don't have to drink much and the next day I can't remember the ride home or the last couple of hours....It sucks and kinda worries me from time to time I got a feeling there's something wrong with my head and it's getting worse.....So kids don't drink(much).

Vincere Aut Mori
Berserker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 15th, 2003, 09:43 AM   #13
ssjtrunks13
Results May Vary

ssjtrunks13 is on a distinguished road
I've lost lots of things fairly recently, usually when I go looking for them I look everywhere they might be real fast and if I don't find it I start to literally run around in circles giving me a headache. Also, I seem to lose loose change that falls out of my pant pockets all the time.

Recently I lost Final Fantasy Tactics Advance in the GBC case I got free with my GBC, my ID card(I needed that for the dmv this past weekend!), and another one of my GBA games.

EDIT: I forgot, I also lost all my FFXI disks which I was gonna use when I go to visit my mom through christmas this friday...

Last edited by ssjtrunks13; Dec 15th, 2003 at 09:55 AM..
ssjtrunks13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 15th, 2003, 04:04 PM   #14
Pearl

Pearl is on a distinguished road
I forget where I put things very often. I lose something then I find it again one year later! Or I forget about things I have to do a lot. To me the theory that you can never forget anything unintentionally is very true: sometimes you are afraid of losing something, and that's exactly the case you're gonna lose it
Pearl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 22nd, 2003, 03:10 PM   #15
tempted

tempted is on a distinguished road
Unhappy

Yep i also have the same problem..from time to time things seems to just disapear and often i always seem to find them when i don't need them anymore it's almost a routine they disapear and then when i'm looking for something else they appear...
tempted is offline   Reply With Quote