Home  Appotography.com 
advertisement Tiny Crosswords - Made by MagnetiCatGames.com
Playstation 2 Fantasy - Everything about Playstation 2 Developed on Alienware! Search games!
  Register   Calendar   Members   FAQ   Home  

Latest NewsReviewsPreviewsFeaturesScreenshotsContact Our Staff

Welcome to the PsFantasy.com Forums.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Go Back  PsFantasy.com Forums » General Forums » General Chat

Old May 3rd, 2003, 11:18 PM   #1
Vicious_2003
Stationary Wonderer

Vicious_2003 is on a distinguished road
X-Men 2

Preventer Wind, his siter, and I went and saw this mivie yesterday and I must say I am thuroughly impressed. Tons of great action scenes made the difference here and thats why id say I liked it better than the first. I HIGHLY reccomend seeing this one to ANYONE whos even a moderate fan of action movies. There will DEFINATELY be an X-3 so I cant wait for that and I hope thier will be MANy more after that. The following spoiler has to do with a specific event in the Movie X2.

Spoiler: show
At the end of X 2 you see Jeen Gray (Dunno if I spelt that right) as Pheonix under water...thats how you know thier will be a sequal (If they didnt allready announce it)

The kinder, gentler, Vicious

Beretta55- "fo sheezy heezy neezy weezy flipity floppity floop"

Lost Myth- "I already know you are something special and I think the Pistons did too,
because then why would they have won the trophy on your birthday dude?

Anonymous- "Whos more to blame, me for being quote un quote gullible ?, or him for lying !?"
Vicious_2003 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 4th, 2003, 05:29 AM   #2
Qjij_jijQ
Iroquois Jack

Qjij_jijQ is on a distinguished road
Yeah, I've seen the movie too ( friday ) and I think it was pretty good...
I know a little bit about the X-Men, so it was nice to see more of them on the big screen... although it seems as if they're not following the - exact - story.

Damn Lady DeathStrike is so freakin' hot !
Qjij_jijQ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 4th, 2003, 05:38 AM   #3
Faile
ys.

Faile is on a distinguished road
The opening was brilliant. I really liked it. A lot better than the first.

www.catherineandtheowl.com

purr. miaow. hiss.
Faile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 4th, 2003, 09:38 AM   #4
Redpyramidhead
pazparacolombia

Redpyramidhead is on a distinguished road
Hey, bub!

I'm gonna go see this movie today with my brother who I haven't hung out wiht in a while. I will come back to this thread and post my comments on it tonight!

_RED_ stuff

"..loathsome laughing, mixed with such a cry as no man has heard save for in the phlegathon of unrelatable nightmares; a cry wherein reverberated the horror and anguish of a haunted lifetime packed into one atrocious moment..."
Redpyramidhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 4th, 2003, 12:02 PM   #5
Vicious_2003
Stationary Wonderer

Yeah...I liked the opening ALOT to. I didnt think Night Crawler would be as good an addition as he was. And the Movies CANT follow the exact storyline because if they did theyd have to make TONS of movies. They would have to introduce more sub characters than you can imagine..so the movies will just follow the main parts. I think they did a good job of keeping in tune with the X Men storyline. So out of boredom Ive decided to give this movie an officialy Vicious_2003 rating even though ive allready expressed my opinion on it

Movie : X2
Director : Bryan Singer
My rating (1-10) : 8
Entertainment Weekly's grade : b+
Best Feature : Outstanding special effects and non stop but well planned action scenes

Lost Myth- "I already know you are something special and I think the Pistons did too,

Anonymous- "Whos more to blame, me for being quote un quote gullible ?, or him for lying !?"
Old May 4th, 2003, 01:47 PM   #6
DragonSphere
Beneath the Shadow

DragonSphere is on a distinguished road
I managed to see the movie last night with my sister and her husband, which actually turned out pretty good. Nightcrawler's scenes were rockin, and I especially enjoyed

Colossus' cameo, one of my favorite X-Men...never expected to see him in this movie. But no accent though.

All in all, I enjoyed it, and can't wait to see what they'll do with the next one.
DragonSphere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 4th, 2003, 02:51 PM   #7
Matrix
The Messiah

Matrix is on a distinguished road
if anybody noticed beast made a appearence in the film, it's just for like 5 seconds!!!!
Old May 4th, 2003, 06:13 PM   #8
Vicious_2003
Stationary Wonderer

HE DID !?. What scene ?

Old May 4th, 2003, 07:38 PM   #9
Qjij_jijQ
Iroquois Jack

*Spoilers to answer Vicious' question*
-
-
-
-
-
-
In the scene in the bar, where Mystique seduces the guard... The t.v. is on and we seen 'Dr. Henry McCoy', in human form, of course.

*WEEK-END BOX-OFFICE REPPORT*

U.S.A.: 85.9 millions $
Other countries: 69.3 millions $
Total gross: 155.2 millions $

It made more than half of what the first movie made in it's entire run !!!
BTW, it did cost 110 millions $ to make...
Old May 4th, 2003, 10:12 PM   #10
Vicious_2003
Stationary Wonderer

Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhh. How did I miss that . Thanks

Old May 4th, 2003, 10:51 PM   #11
Killuminati
Tha Don

Killuminati is on a distinguished road
Gambit is also in the movie.

on the computer screen in the underground base you can see Gambit's real name(cant remember what it is) and someone else's(another x-men) for a couple seconds

Killuminati is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 5th, 2003, 01:16 AM   #12
Redpyramidhead
pazparacolombia

Redpyramidhead is on a distinguished road
Ummm...this is going to be long...

OK, I'm back with my comments on the movie. First of all, the plot (even though it strayed so far from the comics again) was very nicely written and all these what otherwise could have been loose ends in a bad movie were all tied in nicely. The cameos were great, but even after reading somebody's hypothesis above I still don't get the point of their parts being so short.
Oh well, Patrick Stewart and Ian Mckellan are the perfect enemies once again. The Wolverine and NIghtcrawler action sequences were done extremely well, as well as the other characters. Nightcrawler I think has to be seen to be believed. I thought he was supposed to smell like brimstone, though, but nobody mentioned it. There i go already. Caught up in details. Both actors cover their respective characters beautifully. Hugh Jackman is almost Logan and (What's his face) is practically Nightcrawler. Everybody who's read the comics has in their mind a slightly different ideal view of their favorite character and how they should be portrayed...There are things about Wolverine's personality that I'd like to see done better, but that's mainly cuz I'm very nitpicky about him especially. Seriously, I don't think they could have founda better actor for Wolvie, though. I would like to see him get more angry and have more beserker rages though. His anger was acted pretty well when he was killing those guards when the mansion was under attack.

Anyways I had a few problems with the movie, but it is mostly cuz I would have liked it to be more true to the comic book. I'll mention a couple issues. If anybody wants to talk about them otr has any ideas about them feel free to add!

The Weapon X facility where a great part of the movie takes place featured BOTH the battles between the other X-Men and Dr. Stryker to shutdown the second Cerebro that had been built for its evil purposes involving brainwashing Professor X AND the battle of Wolverine confronting his own past all in one place at the same time! This completely ruins any sense of his looong and hard drawn out solo journey to find the truth about his past that is so vital to the Wolverine exclusive comic book series and it's magic. Logan is supposed to be more of a loner on a difficult jouney that he must figure out for himself. This failure on his part to be more of a part of a team when Cyclops feels the X-Men need him is a bigger reason why they are at odds than his crush on Jean Grey. Anyways, this whole thing with the "evil" Cerebro and Wolverine's past all being confronted at the former Weapon X facility...well it was like the writers wanted to kill 2 completely unrelated birds with one stone and I thought that was really cheap of them.

I suppose I could go on forever on that. I suppose the problem of having Wolverine in the movie was that he HAD to be in this movie and they had to make some compromises. Same with all of the characters. In the Spiderman movie, Spidey is the main character and they have plenty of time to focus on his issues in his movie.

THe next thing is also about Wolverine also and I think it was a huge mistake.

Lady Deathstrike's death in this movie was completely unnecassary and detrimental to any pursuit of the storyline behind who she is and her very close tie to Logan. It would have been nice if Logan had atleast recognized her somehow by overcoming for maybe an instant his memory problem. Lady Deathstirkes real name is Uriko ( I may have spelled that wrong) and if you listen carefully her name is said at one point in the movie. Uriko is Wolverine's former lover and who goes back a loooong time. i don't think it unrealistic that a former lover, even in the state she was in, would spark his memory, especialy since they made her retain her human look in the movie. I can't remember if she is the same lover that died accidentally by Logans hands. (As hinted, Logan's life is abnormally long and extremely tragic...for now he is better off not remembering certain things.) Whether that be the case or not there is a lot of tension between them or atleast there would have been had the movie allowed them to remember who eachother were. You can see now my problem with none of this being address and Uriko simply meeting her demise! I don't think even her healing factor could bring her back from that. That thud that sounded like her brain turned adamantium made it pretty clear she didn't have much of a chance. (Btw, I find this method of death unrealistic even for the imaginative world of X-Men, but I won't get into that.) Interestingly enough, they panned the camera to her body for a split second as Wolvie left her there...I wonder if it means her past with him will come back to haunt him in a sequel or the director was simply saying "Look. She's dead so you hardcore fans don't start going around thinking she's coming back." And finally, he beat her too easily. In the comics, she is one of his most dangerous returning foes. Fortunately, the fight scene did indeed make her seem deadly as hell!

I may seem like a huge critic, but for what it was I enjoyed this movie immensely.

So there is my commentary for now. Hey Fortune, can we get X-Men smileys? That would rule!

_RED_ stuff

"..loathsome laughing, mixed with such a cry as no man has heard save for in the phlegathon of unrelatable nightmares; a cry wherein reverberated the horror and anguish of a haunted lifetime packed into one atrocious moment..."
Redpyramidhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 5th, 2003, 05:09 AM   #13
Qjij_jijQ
Iroquois Jack

*SPOILERS - answers to pyramid*
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-

I know what you mean about Lady DeathStrike, but I heard from 'pretty reliable' sources that she has signed to be in another X-Men movie... weither she will find a way to revive or she will be a part of a story that takes place before what happened in X2, I don't know.

Yes, she was once Wolverine's lover, but she feels that he's responsible for the death of her father, so that's mainly why she's against him in the comics... which wasn't even mentionned here.

Seriously... you think that Wolverine actially found 'info' about his past in that place ? They didn't actually kill 2 birds with 1 stone... Wolverine has so much more to find out... and since all that 'evil Cerebro' thing was all invented ( not in the comics ), I think they were usin' it to make the plot more 'complex' and tried to involve more character in a part of the story where only '1' character would have been concerned...

They can always do Wolverine Tales ya know...
Old May 5th, 2003, 07:58 AM   #14
Darkness 4 Hire
Hero of Darkness

Darkness 4 Hire is on a distinguished road
Remy LeBueu is gambits real name and it was the name before magnetos name in the computer!
Old May 5th, 2003, 09:20 AM   #15
Qjij_jijQ
Iroquois Jack

Well, actually... it's Remy Lebeau.
( Did you know that, in french, "Le Beau" means : "The Handsome" )
Old May 5th, 2003, 03:34 PM   #16
Vicious_2003
Stationary Wonderer

You cant even expect the movies to follow the comic books very well. I mean....If you were to take the comics and put them into movie form you could make tons of movies . I mean with all the content the X Men story has , if you were to make movies that followed it very closely youd have like over 20 movies on your hands...and do you really think they can get the actors to sign on for that many pictures ?. On top of that you have time restraints in the movies....for some reason people whine when movies go over 2 and a half hours. I say hell Im paying an arm and a leg to see it...the longer the better. It irritates me when people bash on movies for not following thier respective books more closely. I mean dont you think they know whats best. Movies are a COMPLETELY different from books and to expect them to be alot like thier books is just not realistic. For what they had to work with I think they captured the main parts of the X Men Saga VERY well. COuld they have done it better ?...yes..but you could say that no matter how good they did

Old May 5th, 2003, 06:19 PM   #17
Preventer Wind

Preventer Wind is on a distinguished road
Ok let me set this straight....Gambit wasn't in the movie. His name was. By those standards I could make a movie and show a piece of paper with Britney Spears' name on it and say I made a movie with Britney Spears. Gambit is my favorite X-Men and it just makes me mad he isn't in any of the movies.

Reveals some detail and plot from the movie:

Some pluses:

The opening scene with Night Crawler.
Ian McKellen does a great job as Magneto. The part where he breaks out of his cell is great.
Mystique is well done.
Professor X is also a great character.
Colossus made an appearance!
And lastly Jean Grey might be the best portrayed character.

Some minuses

Rogue. Just don't like her. Maybe it's because Gambit isn't in the movie?
Not enough of Mutants fighting mutants. There is only 1 fight between mutants. The rest of the fighting scenes are cops or army guys getting torn apart.
Halle Berry does a much better job as Storm but she doesn't have the deep voice or the right physique to match storm. She is far to girly still.
Ice Man is another good character gone bad. Again, this might be because he is Rogue's companion.
And lastly Cyclops. Wolverine is in love with your future wife and all you can do is shoot some nasty looks at him...with your glasses on!? I guess that was touched on but still....Wolverine should be a loner instead of this guy who is in love with multiple women.

Reveals characters not in the movie:

I hope that if there is a next one that these characters are in it:

Gambit: My favorite character. His personality is cool

Apocalypse: Truly the most bad ass villain from the comic.

Juggernaut: I figure he has to be in one of the films because he is the typical film bad guy. A guy that is big and destroys stuff but isn't too smart.

Dazzler: She isn't a huge character but I liked her. Her powers are cool and her personality would match Gambit's if the writers didn't want

I guess they could also make a story line with Sinister and Cable. I wouldn't mind that either. As long as Magneto isn't the bad guy in the next one I wont have that much of a problem. I think the Cable thing would be a little too deep for must people though. It would take a lot of time telling.

"Know thy enemy and know thy self,"
"Find naught to fear in 100 battles."
"Know not thy enemy, but know thy self,"
"Find victory and defeat in equal measure"
"Know thy enemy, but know not thy self,"
"Find defeat in every battle."

Sun Tzu
Preventer Wind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 5th, 2003, 07:28 PM   #18
Vicious_2003
Stationary Wonderer

Apocoalypse...I think that would be rushing things a bit woulnt it. I didnt much care for him anyway. He was TOO powerful and no one should outshine Magneto. Besides didnt they beat him by trapping him in a force field on a space ship , then sending him off on an endless orbit in deep space....how exciting could that be on the big screen ?. But then again anything done RIGHT could be good. . I do want to see Gambit..., and I belive his name (As well as beasts appearence) being in the movie is a clue to him possibly being in the next movie. And I dont think they made rougue as powerful a character as she was meant to be...granted she is young in the movies but Id really like to see her actually fight someone using her powers. And your right preventer..there werent enough Mutant vs Mutant fighting scenes. The one/s they had were down right awesome though. Another good point you made preventer was about Cyclops......Last time I checked he was supposed to be a very important character , not some chump who let his vehicles and girl get played with by Wolverine. (The scene with the N Sync song in the car was funny...sorry just remembered that). Id like to see the mutants powers get used more in battle...they were used more to get past security and Help in perillous situations than they were to fight . But still for every complaint I could make I could say 3 good things about the movie. Also I might just have forgotten...but WHAT HAPPENED TO SABERTOOTH ?. He didnt die in the last movie did he ?

Old May 6th, 2003, 12:58 AM   #19
DragonSphere
Beneath the Shadow

DragonSphere is on a distinguished road
Cameo question here:

My sister claims to have seen Jubilee's name at the ending credits...leaving me to guess that it was probably that one girl with the big ol' earrings at the end scene with Prof. X and the other kids. Of course this is all assumption, but that girl, at least to me, looked strangely Jubilee-ish. But honestly, I don't really know. Did anyone else catch her name in the credits?
DragonSphere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 6th, 2003, 02:38 PM   #20
merylsilverburg
Enemy or Ally?

merylsilverburg is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally posted by Preventer Wind

Gambit is my favorite X-Men and it just makes me mad he isn't in any of the movies.
Same here! I actually like Gambit and it was a shame he wasn't in the films either.

Quote:
Reveals some detail and plot from the movie:

Some minuses

Halle Berry does a much better job as Storm but she doesn't have the deep voice or the right physique to match storm. She is far to girly still.
Actually, I think Halle Berry is okay for Storm...I wouldn't be able to picture anyone else doing this part, but Berry just doesn't seem to know how to act, IMO. But you are right that Berry is too girly to fit Storm, who actually is one of my fav. characters in the comics.

This film was okay, IMO. I personally enjoyed the first film better...I thought that with the sequel, everyone would already know one another and X:2 would be great. But in the end, it didn't really "wow" me as much, I guess mainly because this wasn't what I expected. The opening with NightCrawler was fantastic; he's a very impressive character. I still think that Mystique is the best character in both films.
The plot wasn't brilliant, but it wasn't bad either. Like I said, I didn't expect the plot to turn out this way, but it does leave a way for X-Men 3.

I didn't like how they decided to kill off Jean Gray and (probably) have her return as the Phoenix in X-Men 3. The comics didn't do that and I don't think it was necessary. They could've just made her...I dunno..."transform"(?) into the Phoenix halfway through the film or maybe in the third film. But that's just me.

"Have a little priest" ~ Mrs. Lovett

"Grim Reaper, you could not get the women? What was the problem? Didn't you reap them with your grim reaping equipment?"

"I tried that but the women, they all know hopscotch" ~ Eddie Izzard

You Can Help

merylsilverburg is offline   Reply With Quote