View Single Post
Old Oct 19th, 2003, 09:04 PM   #26
Preventer Wind

Preventer Wind is on a distinguished road
First of all I was talking about Experience. That, by your standards, is the key to everything. Including maturity. You were the one that started to talk about it.

Oh and sure some department stores do do that. But you hear about big companies laying off hundreds if not thousands of people every year. Don't tell me department stores do that every year. The way you put it, it would make more sense to fire the older people any way. They would likely be making the most money. You can fill that person's job with some one younger who will take less money probably not caring they are receiving less money then the person they replaced because they would be getting a promotion. And tell me if they fire all those young workers how do they have any older workers?

Quote:
Clearly you didnt read the original post. Were not talking physical maturity in regaurds to the friggin NBA, or in the work place, were talking about realtionships in wich a very young male (Many of wich are rather immature in this country) gets with an older female. And in that case Age makes a difference. It doesent completely dictate weather or not it will work, but it has a big impact. If you want to talk about sports start a thread in the sports forum., if not, lets try and stay on topic here
That's exactly my point. Being able to handle fame takes a lot of maturity. So why would anybody want to hire an 18-year-old? They are bound to be immature right? Their only 18 and they would be playing with people sometimes twice their age.

Quote:
I honestly cant make any sence of that sentence. Was there a typo involved ? Because im the king of the typo and even I cant decode that one.
Hmmm all your experience and you can't decipher that?

It doesn't take a lot of know it all to know how to be mature

Translation - You don't have to be smart to know how to be mature?

Quote:
What exactly is your definition of mental maturity ?. Because clearly we dont see it as the same thing. To me, maturity is more than just how well you play NBA basketball, or how well you keep your job ?. Ive told you my definition of mental maturity. What is
yours ?
I told you that maturity is reaching the final stage of development. So being mentally mature would mean that you would know the right thing to do in the right situation. You don't have to be 50 to know what to do. Like I said it doesn't take that much brains and you don't have to be old.

Quote:
Ok now your idea of mental maturity is measure by your intelligence and success in school ?. Im not following you at all, your jumping all over the place. You can be immature and do well in school, I knew some immature people in HS that got good grades.
Again I was talking about experience. That, by your standards, you would have finished near the top of your class because you had an extra year of school on them.

Quote:
more years of living. 3 more years experiencing people. 3 more years of analyzing the way people think, react, etc. I gaurentee ive experienced more people than you, and probably a greater range of people. Im not saying im more mature than you, im not saying im not, (Because im not in your head) you asked where my experience came from and I told you. And you took my little phrase and blew it up into me wanting you to kiss my feet . Sounds like your really having to reach to make any kind of point here.
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA. For one who has traveled so far out of their home city so many times. A greater range of people HA! So you've had some extra conversations with people. I guess every shy person is immature or lacks experience. I can really see that you've studied people a lot. Enough to make you admit your a racist. Yep that's mature. I see you've done a lot with that extra experience.

Quote:
Wow, you really are smug arent you. You probably think your just as mature as most adults or anyone for that matter. Youve got some reality checks coming my friend. You'll see, they say males do alot of maturing mentally between the ages of 16 and 25. So it would make sence that ive matured a bit (I said a "bit") more than you in those 3 years . "Part of being mature is realizing your not" clearly you dont realize that at all. I dont say this as an isult, I consider you to be one of, if not my best friend, but you are rather arrogant in this regaurd
When did I ever say that? I'm sure I'm more mature then some adults. I’m sure I’m not as mature as some adults. How am I the arrogant one? I made a 2-paragraph post, which stated I didn't think age mattered. Which is the truth because there are a lot of examples out there. You are the one that has replied and disagreed. I've only tried to make the facts clear. I guess either I've done a terrible job or you are the arrogant one that just continues to disagree with something that should be obvious.

"Know thy enemy and know thy self,"
"Find naught to fear in 100 battles."
"Know not thy enemy, but know thy self,"
"Find victory and defeat in equal measure"
"Know thy enemy, but know not thy self,"
"Find defeat in every battle."

Sun Tzu
Preventer Wind is offline   Reply With Quote

X vBulletin 3.8.10 Debug Information
  • Page Generation 0.03001 seconds
  • Memory Usage 1,918KB
  • Queries Executed 9 (?)