View Single Post
Old Jun 22nd, 2009, 09:42 AM   #4
Harry
Administrator

Harry has much to be proud ofHarry has much to be proud ofHarry has much to be proud ofHarry has much to be proud ofHarry has much to be proud ofHarry has much to be proud ofHarry has much to be proud ofHarry has much to be proud ofHarry has much to be proud ofHarry has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by Faile View Post

I really hope you don't think my comments and quoting of you was aimed at you, or a dig at your site. It wasn't at all. It's more a call to arms to various people, like me, who have been silent over the years, who maybe didn't do what they could have in the past to help move things. It was my love of the past that brought me across the quote above, and that lit a real fire in me because it shouldn't have been this way for this beautiful site, with its beautiful community. You deserved more from people like me I feel; the aforementioned lost souls. In many ways it is us that have driven you into problems! I apologise for this…
Hey Faile, absolutely not, I loved the post! I just added the note about the website as I know some will be wondering about it. And definitely, this website and community has been ONLY a good thing for us - and every single person that came and posted, and first of all those who contributed to the content of the website, is simply a joy. What drove us into problems was bad planning, lack of money, a lot of back luck in real life (we all have this at some point in our life), and (my) overambitious plans. At some point, I felt like being a much more pathetic Fitzcarraldo. The donations we got from a lot of people were already something we would have never asked (and that we will not ask anymore - we might have some VIP membership with some little added services if we ever manage to complete our work), but they kept us afloat for some months when we were already risking to close, 4 years ago.

I agree on the high PS3 price point. Please let me underline that we have all consoles of the current generation, and I was an early buyer of the Xbox 360, mostly for some of the games they were available on it. My criticism above was simply about the poor design of the console and hardware that is less polished than the PS3 - but as I said, this means nothing: software makes the difference.

Platforms promoting small developers' work are finally becoming a reality; access to WII development is still very expensive, access to iPhone development is probably too easy (even though generally quality products get rewarded by users of the App Store) and still plagued by miscommunication on Apple's side, but things are changing in that direction.

And finally, Catherine and the Owl: I understand perfectly what you mean, and I look forward for your new CD!
Harry is offline   Reply With Quote

X vBulletin 3.8.10 Debug Information
  • Page Generation 0.03009 seconds
  • Memory Usage 1,910KB
  • Queries Executed 9 (?)
More Information
Template Usage:
  • (1)SHOWTHREAD_SHOWPOST
  • (1)ad_footer_end
  • (1)ad_footer_start
  • (1)ad_header_end
  • (1)ad_header_logo