View Single Post
Old Dec 18th, 2002, 03:13 PM   #19
Dark Angel
[space filler]

Dark Angel is on a distinguished road
Is anyone reading this anymore?

Chapter 7

Snake knew this guy was no pushover, and that suit that made him disappear from sight didn't make matters easier. Using the little window of time he had he ranged Otacon while keeping a close eye on his enemy.

Snake: "Otacon you gotta any files on this guy!?"

Otacon: "Hmm.....nothing really essential."

Snake: "I need something so I know how I can take him down, the other stuff can wait."

Otacon: "Ok....so we know he can phase out of physical pain because of that suit he is wearing."

Snake: "Yeah what the hell exactly is that!?"

Otacon: "FS-15, and electronic all purpose fighting suit that's use by super agents, I wonder how he got his hands one...."

Snake: "Probably got Ocelot to thank for that....well, I'll try to figure something out"

Otacon: "Right, Snake, watch him closely."

Snake got out of his position dodging the laser fire before getting off three good shots at the man. He simply phased from sight and appeared on the lower level.

"It won't work, this suit won't let it." He in a cocky tone.

"Damn!" Snake cried out as got behind the adjacent crate.

"Yes, damn, you have nothing that can beat me."

He begin blasting the crate with the laser powered rifle, his laughter getting louder with every blast. Snake sat there crouched trying to think of something to beat his enemy.

The silent rang of his codec stimulated his ear muscles.

Otacon: "Snake, you just can't hit him you know."

Snake: "I can see that, some kind of suit, who is this guy."

Otacon: "I dunno much, I'm trying hack into his file."

Snake: "Ok, now for the immediate problem."

Otacon: "Yeah about that, Snake if the suit is electronic, a chaff should disrupt it."

Snake: "I got you Otacon, that should give me time."

Snake got offline. Without thinking on the subject much he took out a chaff and peaked around the corner waving his hand out in surrender. The man smirked as he let up fire.

"Giving up already, I expected more from you Snake!" He shouted.

The pin from the chaff was removed, its timer slowly ticked.

"Drop your weapon." He cried.

Snake blanked at him as he released his grip on the Socom. It begin to fall, mid flight the chaff went off. The man's eyes widen as his suit immediately began to send great volts of electricity charging through him. Snake dropped for his weapon all in the same motion, catching it all in the same motion, his eyes never leaving its target. As he hit the ground he pulled the trigger getting off two burst. They were heading for their target with great accuracy, but were stopped suddenly by an unknown force. The two lead pieces of destruction drop harmlessly to the ground.

"What the hell.......!?" was the gesture Snake gave to the events that occurred.

A harmonic sound could be heard swelling from a hidden position. Suddenly a blaze of light shot in front of him blinding him for a few. His sense of sight was destroyed for a few moments, but is slowly came back to him after a short interval. However, his enemy in which he was fighting was gone. Snake was left there not knowing what just happen.

"Otacon, what the hell just happened!?" Snake said after ringing Otacon.

Otacon: "Uh, Snake I heard a harmonic sound, what happen when that was going on?"

Snake: "There was a blinding light, and then the guy I was fighting was gone."

Otacon: "That's strange.......about the guy you were fighting, I got a file on someone that matches his description...."

"Lets hear it then" Snake said impatiently.

Otacon: "Well, his code name is Target."

Snake: "Target eh, never heard of him."

Otacon: "Well, this guy served in nearly every intelligence counter terrorism team on file."

Snake: "Ironic he would turn out to be a terrorist."

Otacon: "He turned during the incidents in Somalia, and was one of the key suspects behind the downing of the U.S. Blackhawks there."

Snake: "I remember that, I always believed a middle eastern extremist group was behind that."

Otacon: "Well, after that he went underground. He later surfaced as the leader of a militant extremist group called the "Third World."

Snake: "The "Third World!?"

Otacon: "Yes, I don't know much about them, but I'll try to figure out the rest of the top members of this group."

Snake: "What about what just happen, those light flashes and weird sounds!?"

Otacon: "I'm as confused as you, Snake you will have to move on. Ahead of you is a long underwater catwalk, and a another large hold."

Snake: "Ok, I'm heading out."

Snake went offline and begin to make his way to the next area.

Snake's body and mind was full of exhaustion, only his will to know the unknown moved him on. He entered the catwalk area which was surrounded by a massive tube shaped structure made of state of the are fiber glass material. The deep blue sea could be seen through it. It gave Snake a feeling of being enclosed, a feeling he had gotten use to over his many missions. Ahead of him he could see a guard. This was a problem because there wasn't anything to hide behind on the catwalk. Snake didn't hesitate, he simply hung over the railing, and silently moved under the guard. Making his way down to the other end of the hold. He exited into the next area.

Snake was surprised on his first sight into the hold. A diamond shaped, dark colored fighter jet was in the middle of the hold.

"F-117A.....stealth fighter?" Snake said confused.

Snake had no idea what it was doing there, and his suspicions begin to run wild.
Dark Angel is offline   Reply With Quote

X vBulletin 3.8.10 Debug Information
  • Page Generation 0.04283 seconds
  • Memory Usage 1,907KB
  • Queries Executed 9 (?)
More Information
Template Usage:
  • (1)SHOWTHREAD_SHOWPOST
  • (1)ad_footer_end
  • (1)ad_footer_start
  • (1)ad_header_end
  • (1)ad_header_logo