View Single Post
Old Nov 18th, 2003, 02:13 PM   #4
kupoartist
.illustrated.thingy.

kupoartist is on a distinguished road
Don't see the original Deus Ex on your list anywhere. At £5 a go in the UK, it can't be very expensive elsewhere either. Believe me, Deus Ex is indispensible, partly because you can play it pretty much anyway you want to. I'm playing through at the moment, and sneaking around with my riot prod and tranquilizer darts. Another time, i'd be laughing manically as I flamethrow another trooper to death and shoot the guns out the hands of my enemies ( ). And while you're at it, get a copy of System Shock 2. Yes, it is so rare that you'll probably have to kill for it, but its probably worth it. Scary Computers and Zombies may give you nightmares, but the graphics engine is probably capable of doing the same thing nowadays!

Aside from that, you've got a respectable list. What the true fan would have, however, is a healthy dose of history (or herstory if you want to be a raving feminist) No Quakes, Dooms or Unreals (Single Player Unreal 1 that is) bring your list down a bit. Yes, they're barely playable now (perhaps a little harsh, I played through Quake II recently and it was fairly cool). If you want to be really clever, look out for the real oddities: Wolfenstein 3D, System Shock 1, that kind of thing. The Thief Series is also worth a look, if the whole shooting bit gets a bit repeatative... Hell, you could even track down Daikatana if you want to find out some real history (hehe... Jon Romero, we hardly knew yea...)

And you should play Half-Life. To be honest, i'm pretty sure its a "you had to be there" experience though. I'd be suprised if someone who plays it 5 years after it's release could hold it in the kind of stupid, nostalgia infected ideals that someone who played it then could do. Yes, i'm talking about myself.

And no, i don't own half the games i talked about. Or half the games on you list ^_^.
Heres a quick list for you (and its in order of preference because i'm really sad!): System Shock 2, Half-Life 2, Deus Ex, Unreal Tournament, Halo, Thief II: The Metal Age, Unreal Tournament 2003, Quake III Arena, Thief I: The Dark Project, Unreal, Tribes II (presumably so I can moan that vehicles weren't Halo's idea), Unreal II. (and Archimedean Dynasty if you wish to be really obscure. And you count submarines with guns as a form of "shooter")
I've also played quite a bit of: Aliens Vs Predator 1+2, Doom, Quake I+II and Serious Sam I+II.
And i'm looking foward to getting: Deus Ex 2: Invisible War (and us Europeans are waiting 2 extra months for it ), Half-Life 2, Thief III and probably some others. But then, who reads this crap anyway!
And I also like: Hamsters, Candy Floss, Cookies and Electric Prods. Bzzzt!
kupoartist is offline   Reply With Quote

X vBulletin 3.8.10 Debug Information
  • Page Generation 0.02397 seconds
  • Memory Usage 1,908KB
  • Queries Executed 9 (?)
More Information
Template Usage:
  • (1)SHOWTHREAD_SHOWPOST
  • (1)ad_footer_end
  • (1)ad_footer_start
  • (1)ad_header_end
  • (1)ad_header_logo