View Single Post
Old May 11th, 2006, 02:18 AM   #14
merylsilverburg
Enemy or Ally?

merylsilverburg is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harry
Also, yhere is this tool that can help anyone download streaming movies onto their HDD before watching them; it's freeware, and free of spyware or other strange things -> https://sdp.ppona.com/ ; you can even give it the URL of a normal webpage and it will try to list all possible feeds in the page. It can be very useful when servers are busy or videos are in high resolution.
Mega thanks, Harry, for this. It's such a life saver, I was able to watch the trailer with no problems now.

Quote:
I really thought the same thing about Big Boss coming back in this game, especially after I noticed that in the ending scene Snake seems an entirely different person, and he even seems to have a scar on his right eye. Anyhow, in the second trailer, it is clearly said that his body is decaying at an alarming speed - is it possible the ending scene of the trailer is simply one of the ending scenes of the game?
I read a theory that Snake at the end of the trailer (if it really is him) could possibly be controlled by the nanomachines in his suit...which might explain why Snake's actions/thinking is a bit different. I personally don't like the idea of multiple endings, if this is the case. The reason why is because you don't know which one is the "real" ending...I know Kojima did something like this with MGS, but when Snake saved Meryl, it was assumed Otacon got out somehow. But, since this is supposed to be the final game, it would be annoying to receive no complete, final ending to finish it all. It was pretty painful to find out that Snake's body is decaying so quickly, but what if this was Big Boss and it's his body that's decaying rapidly? I mean, if they brought Big Boss back to life, he is supposed to be dead to begin with, hehe. Also, another thing I thought of at the end of the trailer: when Snake's voice over said "Some legends are meant to die, some bloodlines must come to an end" what if the "legend" meant to die isn't Snake, but Big Boss? He is the original legend/perfect soldier, after all. And the bloodline that must end could be Big Boss' original bloodline (his own).

Quote:
In any case, the theory of Big Boss coming back in this game isn't far fetched. At the end of Metal Gear Solid 2 it was clear that Liquid Snake (Liquid Ocelot?) was not the bad guy. In the official website of Kojima Productions (https://www.konami.jp/kojima_pro/e3_2006/), in the MGS4 section, it is stated that Snake will have to face his "life-long enemy", and this is definitely Big Boss, not Liquid. Also, in the second trailer, Otacon says something like "You never stood a chance. He can't be beat" - is it possible this "He" refers "just" to Liquid? I don't think so. I really think there are more chances that Liquid and Snake will join their forces somewhere during this game against a common enemy...
That's true, Big Boss really is Snake's lifelong enemy. And Campbell did say "No one else can stop him" which can refer to Big Boss, especially with the whole Outer Heaven plan in MG2 and MGS4. But what if Otacon and Campbell are referring to Ocelot? Again, kinda bizarre but since Ocelot's arm is attached to Liquid and in MGS2 we did see that Ocelot was controlling Liquid, it's possible that Ocelot is really "regenerating" himself onto Liquid...like a parasite taking over the host's body. Plus, "Liquid Snake" is really beginning to look more like Ocelot than himself, poor guy. What if Ocelot is the main enemy, since he is an agent of The Patriots and he's been in all the games? Or perhaps him and Big Boss are in this together, who knows?

Quote:
About that grave - a grave without a name could indeed be the Boss' grave, but also Solidus' grave. In Metal Gear Solid 2, Solidus had a tragic fate not different from the one of the Boss in MGS 3.
Hehe, I thought about Solidus a few hours after my original post. Yeah, the grave is probably Solidus' not The Boss because it'd make more sense. ^^;;

Quote:
Do you think the bipedal robots in the trailer are Metal Gears? They indeed seem very dangerous (the way they move their legs is scary), but I thought they were just war machines for combat on the battlefield.
The legs in general are scary...dinosaur-like legs supporting a machine body? Very disturbing indeed. You're probably right though...I just thought they were Metal Gears because they seemed so capable...maybe they're protype Metal Gears? Or perhaps they're baby Metal Gears?

I rewatched the trailer and there was something that was bothering me from the first time I saw the original short one. This may or may not produce a whole new set of theories: when Liquid Ocelot (that sounds so weird, lol) said "It was you who killed Abel and was cast out by Eve. You killed your own flesh and blood. What's next?" Okay, if Solidus represents Abel and Snake represents Cain (according to the story that I looked up on Wikipedia) then who is Eve?

Finally, let's say if Snake commits suicide at the end...I wonder if we'll play as Raiden to finish the final boss, kinda like in "Legacy of Kain: Defiance"? Kojima said we wouldn't play as Raiden, but why would he say "My turn to protect you Snake" if he wasn't going to really partake in the action?

One last thing: I saw on Wikipedia a theory that the game might come out 7/7/07 due to the oddly-shaped 'L' and '4' in the title's logo. This would commemorate the anniversary of MG which was released 7/7/87.

Quote:
P.S. I just quoted your last post when I used the word "fears" ("I never said I won't love the game for all the things I feared) , I understand perfectly your feelings about the game.
Oh sorry, when I said that I originally meant to quote kupo when he thought that my feelings for the game had a bit of fear. I meant to tell him that I wasn't fearing the elements of the game at all. Sorry again.

"Have a little priest" ~ Mrs. Lovett

"Grim Reaper, you could not get the women? What was the problem? Didn't you reap them with your grim reaping equipment?"

"I tried that but the women, they all know hopscotch" ~ Eddie Izzard

You Can Help

Last edited by merylsilverburg; May 11th, 2006 at 02:21 AM..
merylsilverburg is offline   Reply With Quote

X vBulletin 3.8.10 Debug Information
  • Page Generation 0.04593 seconds
  • Memory Usage 1,947KB
  • Queries Executed 9 (?)
More Information
Template Usage:
  • (1)SHOWTHREAD_SHOWPOST
  • (1)ad_footer_end
  • (1)ad_footer_start
  • (1)ad_header_end
  • (1)ad_header_logo