Thread: Daily Debate.
View Single Post
Old Feb 12th, 2004, 12:21 AM   #37
Preventer Wind

Preventer Wind is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally posted by Nelo Angelo
But where would the de Lome Letter fit into?
Perhaps the claims of weapons of mass destruction and other claims. I didn't think that far in my comparison. But it's nice to see someone understood

Quote:
Originally posted by Vicious_2003
But did you ever think about how much the war in iraq is like the Spanish american war !?. Me either. Porbably better that way.
Yes, and I wonder if you ever bother to think about using a spell check. Or perhaps it is probable that you like to make up words such as porbably. Maybe it is better that way?

Quote:
And in response to PW saying I called NASA "Killers". I NEVER gave them such a label. Dont put text in my post (Get it..instead of words in my mouth ! HAHAHAH..ok yeah..it WAS lame). Anyway....thier carelesness and misinformation has cost many pilots thier lives. Thats all IM saying. Im sure it wasnt intentional so im not calling them killers.
Well when you say, "Oh and I didnt even mention all the lives that NASA has taken. Remember those shuttles that blew up . Yeah....NASA is great aint it." You make it sound like NASA is really messed up. That they planned for everyone to die. Its not like the astronauts were forced to go into space. Plus it's not like a lot of people have died.

Quote:
Originally posted by kupoartist
Why repeatedly spend billions of dollars on space programs which may one day allow us to get away from a completely screwed Earth, when we could try our best to not screw it up in the first place?.
Well that is a good point. But the Earth will be screwed up one day as it is. If you wish for me to explain why I will give you a thorough description as to the reasons why the Earth will be screwed up in the next 1000 years I will do so.

Quote:
And was all that worth it ?. We payed what 10 trillion dollars over time and the lives of numerous astronauts just to find out that we CAN indeed land on the moon and maybe even get to mars. Yeah...thats certainly worth all that..
As I said before, "We now have a much better understanding of Space. We put people in space and we now know we can. We put people on the moon and we now know we can. We landed on mars and we now know we can." I

It's a matter of erasing the question. Plus, what if we were to find something there? Not so much life, but resources. Maybe gold or oil or something along those lines. Not saying we will on Mars but in order to get to other places first we have to be

" Ultimately what the research does is it takes one step further to something even better then the last. If we do not spend the money now on the research then it will only be longer before that something is achieved."

If you view it as a waste then that is your view. If we do not continue to do research we won’t be able to move on to better things. I can think of many other things that are not close in importance to NASA but money is wasted on them any way.

"Know thy enemy and know thy self,"
"Find naught to fear in 100 battles."
"Know not thy enemy, but know thy self,"
"Find victory and defeat in equal measure"
"Know thy enemy, but know not thy self,"
"Find defeat in every battle."

Sun Tzu
Preventer Wind is offline   Reply With Quote

X vBulletin 3.8.10 Debug Information
  • Page Generation 0.02825 seconds
  • Memory Usage 1,907KB
  • Queries Executed 9 (?)