View Single Post
Old Sep 11th, 2006, 11:34 AM   #19
Harry
Administrator

Harry has much to be proud ofHarry has much to be proud ofHarry has much to be proud ofHarry has much to be proud ofHarry has much to be proud ofHarry has much to be proud ofHarry has much to be proud ofHarry has much to be proud ofHarry has much to be proud ofHarry has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by dan da man
then fair enough it’s a blue ray player so you get that for your money but nah I’ll stick to HD thanks, I don’t see Blue ray beating HD anyway.
Dan, I do not mean to argue about such stupid things, but I do not understand this point and I think discussing it is relevant to the topic of this thread. The Xbox 360 is not a HD-DVD player. The Xbox 360 is a good DVD player, but nothing more. In order to play HD-DVDs with it, you must pay to buy an external drive which will cost more than a Wii console and like the Xbox 360 core pack. In United Kingdom it will retail for 199GBP, in North America $199 dollars. It is a lot of money, if you ask me. People who didn't buy the Xbox 360 at launch can buy it bundled with the console, but prices shouldn't be below 375-400GBP in United Kingdom, according to retail sources, which means a "complete" Xbox 360 will cost just 50 GBP less than a PlayStation 3. And while the PlayStation 3 is huge, the Xbox 360 is already too big, huge if you take into account the amazing power adapter, ridiculously enormous if you add the external HD-DVD player. How can you say this is an example of good design, I really do not know.

The truth is, even though their prices are probably right considering what they offer to their owners and manufacturing costs, both consoles cost enough to give fans of both worlds and their poor parents (especially those living in Europe) nightmares in the next months. How many families will prefer to buy their son a PC instead of one of these consoles? The good thing about the Xbox 360 is that players that do not care about the HD-DVD will hopefully be able to buy the older console pack, without the HD-DVD add-on, but there are already rumors that only those pricey bundles will be available to the public in the future.

The more I consider all these things, the more I think the Wii could be the true winner this time around.
Harry is offline   Reply With Quote

X vBulletin 3.8.10 Debug Information
  • Page Generation 0.02943 seconds
  • Memory Usage 1,906KB
  • Queries Executed 9 (?)
More Information
Template Usage:
  • (1)SHOWTHREAD_SHOWPOST
  • (1)ad_footer_end
  • (1)ad_footer_start
  • (1)ad_header_end
  • (1)ad_header_logo