Thread: Mid 2008 now
View Single Post
Old May 28th, 2008, 06:56 PM   #7
jjmoohead
MAGIC MONKEY

jjmoohead is on a distinguished roadjjmoohead is on a distinguished roadjjmoohead is on a distinguished road
I do admit, pretty surprised that there wasn't much there that grabbed your attention. There is so much diversity over the next 7 months. But to each their own. Now understand that I only listed what I considered to be "Big" or in my personal opinion "fun".

Maybe I can still help you though. What sort of games are you into. I tried to grab a little something out of each area, but thats not saying there isn't more. For the record you did say you like simple minded stuff, easy to get into. Well do me a favor and don't write off Little Big Planet just yet. I know, its not the most intense looking game but from what I have seen and read its ment to be simple and easy to fall into. There are many sites saying that they had no love for it early but after playing the latest test releases they are hooked. Just from your short explanation behind the games I listed I really think it might be something you would enjoy. All I am asking is to give it a chance, even with a rental and see how you feel.

I really feel bummed about this. Its not right that a gamer shouldn't have games to look forward to. So lets figure this out and we can look deeper. What is your game/style of choice. Look at your collection and tell me what your into.

Just to note: Civilization is an Turn Based Stratagy game. Meaning although you do build up armys and stuff, you do it in a slow way were your brain doesn't have a million things to do at once. I feel you there, I'm not a big fan of those styles. With these games though its different cause you start out as 1 guy and by the end you can be the entire world. YOu learn technology and new ideas. The best way I can describe it is as follows. Look at the history of the world, look at all those great leaders of history. Now imagine you had to go back in time and help create the world as it is today. What if the Great Wall of China, was actually the Great wall of America? Its a race through time, to see which civilization can discover the worlds greatest achievements. Well anyway, to give it a try you can find CIV 2 at a EB games probably in the used area for like $10. If you have never tried it, give it a shot.

So anyway, kinda off topic there. Again let me know what your into, I'll see if I can give you a reason to be excited.

The Magic Is Coming!
jjmoohead is offline   Reply With Quote

X vBulletin 3.8.10 Debug Information
  • Page Generation 0.02748 seconds
  • Memory Usage 1,905KB
  • Queries Executed 9 (?)
More Information
Template Usage:
  • (1)SHOWTHREAD_SHOWPOST
  • (1)ad_footer_end
  • (1)ad_footer_start
  • (1)ad_header_end