View Single Post
Old Dec 2nd, 2008, 05:50 PM   #5
jjmoohead
MAGIC MONKEY

jjmoohead is on a distinguished roadjjmoohead is on a distinguished roadjjmoohead is on a distinguished road
I know I am going to get some rebuddle from this post, but its simply my opinion.

Goodman, I am glad you stepped up to the next gen consoles. There are a great number of games out now that you will more then enjoy. I am however a bit shocked you went with the arcade system. Let me say that the 360 is a great system, however the arcade system is something I wouldn't touch even if it was free. Ok, maybe if it was free.

The reason I say this is due to the way its gimped. Things like no HD or no WiFi (that might be there now) makes it not worth the value. For me, now that I have had the luxury of wireless everything, I couldn't go for what I now call "last year technology". I know that comment is going to get me in trouble but hear me out. I personally think that games are going to go in a direction now where Hard Drives are going to be a plus to have. Already with the new 360 dashboard you can install games right on to your harddrive. Something you won't be able to do with that Arcade system.

Sure this might not effect you personally and also you may not care with your setup, but for someone like me, the arcade system isn't worth the box its shipped in. For me, I honestly think the Arcade is over priced. I think at the price you got it its close to the real value at this point. Especially with the games you got. $199 is to much for what you get though.

On the other hand the other 360 systems comes with things like HD's and WiFi which make it a better value for your money, but then you get into the debate that its really not that much more for a PS3. A PS3 that even at the lowest end, comes with everything ready to go and a blu-ray player that rivals the best in the business. Even CNN claimed it to be the best Blu-Ray on the market.

Don't get me wrong. I think you made a great decision and got yourself a good console. Me personally, I want a 360 eventually, but I won't pay $199 for a machine thats missing what I really want. I won't pay extra for harddrive for that cheep machine cause it then makes it more then the next model and I wont pay more for a wifi cause now its more expensive then a PS3.

When the Elite system gets down to $199 i think it will be a reasonable price, but right now, value for your money, I just don't see how an arcade at $199 is better then a PS3 at $399.

Like I said at the start, this will get me some flack because I understand people don't share the same belief as me when it comes to this, but when it comes to anything in my life I like to look a value for your dollar and value tells me that the Arcade isn't worth it. I know for most families looking for a good christmas gift it fits, for a gamer with a passion, its just not worth it.

I know it sounds silly to many here, but its like this. I wouldnt buy a $300 Zinkling Television over a $900 Sony/Samsung/Panasonic any day. The price is great but the value you is terrible.

Either way, congrats on your new purchase Goodman. I can't wait for you to get a PS3 and we can do some gaming together though.

The Magic Is Coming!
jjmoohead is offline   Reply With Quote

X vBulletin 3.8.10 Debug Information
  • Page Generation 0.02669 seconds
  • Memory Usage 1,909KB
  • Queries Executed 9 (?)
More Information
Template Usage:
  • (1)SHOWTHREAD_SHOWPOST
  • (1)ad_footer_end
  • (1)ad_footer_start
  • (1)ad_header_end