View Single Post
Old Jun 12th, 2003, 12:39 AM   #9
Redpyramidhead
pazparacolombia

Redpyramidhead is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally posted by merylsilverburg

[color=black]I picked all of them, because I really enjoyed each story and how they relate to the films in a little way. Plus, they revealed possible hints for the last film.

The only I really didn't like that much was "Matriculated". The animation was nice, but I didn't quite understand the story and how it relates to the film. Hm...maybe I'm just dumb...
Just making sure... I know the one that I liked the most was number 9... I'm assuming you listed them in order so it would be the one called "Matriculated." I hope I'm not getting the names mixed up. Actually I saw most of them, but not all of them so maybe I'd change my mind if I saw all of them, but I don't know. I saw the ones most people are saying they liked the most though as well. The Kid was great. Anywayz...I had a point here somewhere...where did it go? *grabs point out of the air from floating around my room and sticks it back in my head* Here we go...

Sssssssoooooo am I the only one who liked Matriculated? No your not dumb at all Meryl!!! It was a complicated story!! Basically, the simplest answer would be...

Spoiler: show
...it was about humans (who lived, ever hunted-like all the other humans in the matrix story- in an unknown place on the ruined surface of the world somewhere. Somewhere where the sentinels had adapted to that form you see in it) who tried to "convert" the sentinels they captured into helping and being on the humans side by reprogramming them both physically and then mentally by plugging them into the matrix itself (or theyre own matrix I mean that they had made like the training program like in the first Matrix movie) which is kind of a big deal because the idea of plugging in the machines into a matrix which they use their own version of to control the human race is kind of ironic (lack of better word.) Anywayz...the humans use all these weird abstract imagery (where I'm sure the makers had fun getting artistic with) to brainwash the sentinel (more irony?) a la Clockwork Orange style (don't know if you've seen that) and there you have it. Meanwhile, everybody gets killed because they are attacked while plugged into the matrix and the saddest part for me was when the sentinel tried to plug them back into the matrix so they would "play" with him again and give him company after being lost and without purpose from then on. It didn't understand. How could it? I almost cried for that robot. That was a huge plot twist.

Actually, that was a little complicated, but maybe I helped so that you can go back and watch it again and enjoy it more this time. I wish now that I watched anime so I could discuss it with you. Could you name some for me that make you think as much as the animatrix does? I might visit the anime forum often if I found stuff like that. Later....

_RED_ stuff

"..loathsome laughing, mixed with such a cry as no man has heard save for in the phlegathon of unrelatable nightmares; a cry wherein reverberated the horror and anguish of a haunted lifetime packed into one atrocious moment..."
Redpyramidhead is offline   Reply With Quote

X vBulletin 3.8.10 Debug Information
  • Page Generation 0.03161 seconds
  • Memory Usage 1,908KB
  • Queries Executed 9 (?)
More Information
Template Usage:
  • (1)SHOWTHREAD_SHOWPOST
  • (1)ad_footer_end
  • (1)ad_footer_start
  • (1)ad_header_end
  • (1)ad_header_logo