View Single Post
Old Jan 27th, 2013, 04:08 AM   #39
Beretta55
Reached for the sky

Beretta55 is on a distinguished road
I'm still around, just had personal stuff going around so I just pop on to check posts and not really have the time to post myself.

Sorry you found Far Cry 3 not to your liking Goodman, along with Sleeping Dogs and Spec Ops, Far Cry 3 was a personal surprise and probably one of my favorite games of the year. I beat Hitman: Absolution a couple of weeks back and then played through it again to mop up achievements and what not and just found the entire game disappointing for most of it and by the end almost hating it. I'm fine with the concept that it was different from Blood Money, trying new things with a long-running franchise is never a bad idea but the changes they made weren't an improvement and the story was pretty terrible. I felt a lot of what made Hitman great previously was changed just to serve the narrative and the game suffered tremendously. As someone who has liked the series since Hitman 2 it was extremely lacking and edges out Assassin's Creed 3 as one of my biggest disappointments of 2012. With AC3 I just found that game decent, but ultimately disappointing I ended up almost hating Absolution.

Skyrim is definitely great Sleazy, I still need to get back into it since I downloaded all that DLC for it (hopefully Bethesda gets it in gear and puts all that stuff out on PS3)

Since I last posted I've gone through quite a few games, but with the hour it is can't really do a good explanation of them all, I'll just list the ones I really, really liked.

Spec Ops: The Line was a surprise. It is a typical third person shooter but has one of the hardest hitting stories in a game and gives you some really, really tough moral deciseons. Iit takes place in Dubai torn apart by a sandstorm, with an American Millitary Battalion sent to evacuate it has gone rogue, amidst this is the local populace, some trying to just survive, others becoming insurgents and fighting the Battalion stationed there. It's a total war zone and the choices you are given are bad to worse and never, ever lets up on the "this is war, bad things happen all the time out of your control and the things you can control are the things you wish you didn't have to do." This game got pretty close to being my game of the year and would of, if Far Cry 3 and The Walking Dead didn't come out.

Speaking of The Walking Dead, if you love games with a great story, play it immediately. I don't want to say any of the plot points since the joy comes from playing it and making your own decisions. It straight up was my game of the year for 2012 and should not be missed, especially if story telling in games is something you enjoy or is very important to you. Be warned, unless your heart is made out of obsidian the game will make you incredibly depressed and exhausted since so overwhelming things happen in that game. It's best to take a break between episodes.

I've been playing Syndicate co-op with a buddy of mine and that is a ton of fun but I started and beat the single player not more then half an hour ago. It was a fun ride and I love the look of the game as well as the whole breaching system. Hacking things with the chip embedded in your head is incredibly empowering. Simple things such as hacking computers or doors all the way to hacking an enemy soldiers chip, making him take out a grenade and blow himself up is ridiculous but fun. I'm weary of first person shooters these days, I still enjoy them but it's easy to get burned out on them since there are so many. But Syndicate has a great near future sci-fi look that kind of makes me think of Blade Runner and the special abilities you have spice up the shooting, while tight and fun is still just shooting dudes at the end of the day.

I've also started Darksiders and from everything I heard about it previously, it being a darker Zelda is pretty spot on. So if you like Zelda games then Darksiders will be your bag, I personally adore Zelda games so I'm really enjoying my time with it.

X vBulletin 3.8.10 Debug Information
  • Page Generation 0.03775 seconds
  • Memory Usage 1,907KB
  • Queries Executed 9 (?)
More Information
Template Usage:
  • (1)SHOWTHREAD_SHOWPOST
  • (1)ad_footer_end
  • (1)ad_footer_start
  • (1)ad_header_end
  • (1)ad_header_logo
  • (1)ad_navbar_below