Thread: Angel Sanctuary
View Single Post
Old Feb 24th, 2002, 02:26 PM   #7
merylsilverburg
Enemy or Ally?

merylsilverburg is on a distinguished road
Ah, yes. Angel Sanctuary/ Tenshi Kinrouku. I've seen the OVA released in the US, but it was only the first 4(?) episodes and there was a lot of parts they cut out so it's really confusing. There is supposed to be a beginning that explains the entire situation, but in the US release, they completely cut it out. So, I was very confused. I've never read the manga, I don't know if there is a TV Series, but from what I've seen in the OVA, it's enough for me to say that it's an okay anime, not the best. Here is just character introductions and the basic story for the OVA. (Since so many parts were cut out, I'm not going to go into FULL detail, 'cause I'm slightly confused too, I only know the basic story from the OVA)
Mudo, Setsuna is your average teenage guy. He a violent side to him only because his parents are divorced, the mother hates his guts (she thinks the devil is protecting him) and not only that: He is in love with his sister, yes you read that right, Mudo, Sara. Sara is also in love with her bro, but unfortunately, they are forbidden to see each other, 'cause....well, it's weird how they're in love with each other. Not only that, but Setsuna is the reincarnated version of the most powerful Angel in Heaven, Alexiel. Alexiel untited with Hell in order to fight against Heaven and for that, she was considered "fallen". She also has a twin brother, Rosiel, who is an insane lunatic. Before Alexiel was cast away from Heaven, she sealed her brother within Earth, because he was too evil to be dealt with by anyone else. Rosiel is one of God's favorites, but he's obsessed with his sister, Alexiel. Even though he escaped from the seal she put on him, he continued to stay on Earth to cause mayhem and destruction and to get his sister back to him. Now, since Setsuna is the reincarnated version of Alexiel, she has begun to take over his personality and soul in order to wage war against Heaven again.
Whew!! I hope that's it!! It is truly one hell of a confusing plot, so if anyone here knows the FULL story, you can correct me majorly!
merylsilverburg is offline   Reply With Quote

X vBulletin 3.8.10 Debug Information
  • Page Generation 0.02479 seconds
  • Memory Usage 1,900KB
  • Queries Executed 9 (?)
More Information
Template Usage:
  • (1)SHOWTHREAD_SHOWPOST
  • (1)ad_footer_end
  • (1)ad_footer_start
  • (1)ad_header_end
  • (1)ad_header_logo