View Single Post
Old Nov 19th, 2008, 06:08 PM   #386
Phenom

Phenom is on a distinguished road
I think I've played enough of Tales of the Abyss to give my final thoughts on the game. Seeing how I've finally exceeded the 100 hour mark, (and since I just recently beat the game) I officially give this game the "longest game"... That I've ever played, and I'm not done with it yet. Eldrant is the longest dungeon I've come across.

And I think I just might go ahead and head straight to the final fight (if that's possible) instead of collect the rest of these items. I just beat Sync for the last and final time. My patience has grown very thin over the last couple of hours and I'm tired of collecting stuff, lol. That's what I get for looking for games that're long.. I don't know if I want any more long games, haha.

It's been quite a blast despite my frustrations with Luke.

Story - Heh, Luke has killed what I've collected of the story, lol.. Ok, I won't blame him. I forgot almost everything, and I wasn't paying much attention anyway even though I've read almost every single skit that popped up. Nothing really sunk in. (Short attention span.)

Graphics - When it gets to the anime clips, it looks great, but I just found out that Production I.G. did the animation for the anime parts, so I expect nothing less than stellar. In-game graphics and whatnot I wasn't really impressed with it. Kind of bland compared to some of the other rpgs I've played for the ps2, but then the graphics aren't that bad either.

Characters - Everybody except Luke and Mieu was great. Luke was pretty good early on in the game. I'd say he really started pissing me off the closer I got to Akzeriuth, but he really got on my nerves after beating Van the first time. Jade and Guy are still my favorite characters along with Asch and now Tear. While I've never hated Tear at all, she's grown onto me. I've never liked Mieu from the start. It's a personal thing, don't worry about it, lol.

Audio/Music - Honestly, the only time I really paid attention to the music was while on the world map and traveling in towns. And this walkthrough I was using kept talking about this and that song during fights and boss fights. Honestly, people actually pay attention to the music in the middle of fights? Especially when things get hectic in boss fights? I had a hard time trying to focus on the music when I was fighting the God Generals because they were throwing out Arcane and Mystic Artes, and I was trying not to get myself killed. Anyhow, the world map music, I suppose sound pretty decent.

Voice work was actually pretty good. Though, there were some parts that I found myself trying to skip... Mainly when there was some extention to a word... Mieuuuuuu >_<. Kirk Thorton, I think that's his name (Jade) is really good here, but he's pretty good in majority everything I've heard him in, but I enjoyed hearing him in this. He probably has the best voice for anyone that does a lot of talking or someone that's very informative.

Luke: 69 (probably 70)
Tear: 68
Jade: 68
Guy: 67
Natalia: 65
Anise: 64 (maybe 65)

Gald: 200,000+
Encounters: 600-800+ (can't remember)
Hits: 60 (I suck, lol)

Oh yeah, even though I beat her for the final time, I still think Legretta is the scariest woman ever out of all the games I've played so far. I think she might've scarred me for life lol.

Final verdict: A

Despite Luke killing my experience and I'm a graphic whore, I still had a blast. Now that I've beaten this game, I have no intentions of playing it again. Putting up with Luke again is torture on my soul lol. (Sucks because you can't skip the scenes either.)

Now I'm gonna get back into the Metal Gears and finally start Okami soon.
Phenom is offline   Reply With Quote

X vBulletin 3.8.10 Debug Information
  • Page Generation 0.03000 seconds
  • Memory Usage 1,916KB
  • Queries Executed 9 (?)
More Information
Template Usage:
  • (1)SHOWTHREAD_SHOWPOST
  • (1)ad_footer_end
  • (1)ad_footer_start
  • (1)ad_header_end
  • (1)ad_header_logo