View Single Post
Old Jun 25th, 2003, 02:07 PM   #5
merylsilverburg
Enemy or Ally?

merylsilverburg is on a distinguished road
Re: Re: Tomb Raider: AoD Disappointment

Quote:
Originally posted by DigiMortal

I only experianced slowdowns at the beginning of the game while on the rooftop. The game has never froze on me.
It may differ for people, but for me, the game froze
Spoiler: show
after you find Bouchard

But now, I'm really f*cking pissed off because the game has frozen indefinitely and I can't do anything about it. I'll have to start the whole game over!!

Quote:
The controls take some getting use to, but by the end of the first night i was back to top TR form. Having played thru the first 2 games didn't help me, other than with the timing of jumps. The analog controls are better than an TR's 3-5. Tap back once on the left analog stick and she does a comlpete 180. then walk back tap again run and jump. Yes there is an extra tap involved in completeing a long jump. Nothing too taxing.
Thanks for the tip, I'll try that. I didn't take the time to read the booklet or anything which is probably why I had no idea you can do that.

Quote:
Originally posted by dan da man

I like the choice what you can pick to say, I am only geting this game bacue I have have been a fan from the begining of the series, is the music as good as the old TR's, does it give the TR feeling?
Like Makg said, the music is actually quite good and did live up to everyone's expectations. The music is intense at all the right moments, like during the cinematic scenes and in different area. I wish I could tell you more, but I was too frustrated with everything else to pay attention. Let's just say the music is really great.

Quote:
Originally posted by MakgSnake

When you pushback a game, and that a MILLION times, you are suppose to fix everything and I MEAN everything. To give us players an almost perfect game. Its a possibility.!!!. All I think is that the game was ALL READY in NOVEMBER, they just kept pushing it back so they can more money from the game with its MOVIE RELEASE. Those bastards, just thought about money and nothing else.
Yeah and the result is this game that completely doesn't live up to its expectations and reason for delay. I'm not saying that the game is so bad that everyone should avoid it like the plague or anything. But, all the mistakes/errors that occur during the game can be extremely frustrating and a major turn off (especially to those impatient and semi-impatient gamers, like me).

Quote:
I already had a feeling that the game is going to suck after reading Core Design co-founder Jeremy Heath-Smith's interview. This is what HE SAID...

We could've spent another year on it. But you can do that with any big game, so we had to draw a line in the sand, which we did some time ago, and say: "That's it guys - let's lock down content and just get this bloody thing finished

There's fifty hours of gameplay - we're not going to get every bug out of it. How can I emulate two million people playing it differently in a day? I can tell you this: we can't find any crash bugs. Are there times when things may go a bit weird? Yeah, course there are, but you show me a game that doesn't do that --
What a jerk --

C&V: As you've said, the first Tomb Raider was revolutionary at the time. Do you still feel the series is as relevant and full of impact now?

H-S: No; how can it? All we want to do is ensure we've created a great game on what is already a big licence. People having given it scores of 8/10 so far and I'm asked if I'm upset. Well no: I wouldn't expect any more --
He himself knows already that game is not gonna get the best review, how sad is that --

It just makes me soo freaking sad. Those core bastards.
Omg, I had no idea about this interview at all. What the hell is that about? "We can't find any crash bugs. Are there times when things may go a bit weird? Yeah, course there are, but you show me a game that doesn't do that" Hello?!?!
Argh! This is what happens when a series becomes a major franchise. The developers then think it's okay to screw up a game just because they know that everyone will buy it as long as it has "Tomb Raider" or "Lara Croft" on there. Ugh, this is making me so mad...

"Have a little priest" ~ Mrs. Lovett

"Grim Reaper, you could not get the women? What was the problem? Didn't you reap them with your grim reaping equipment?"

"I tried that but the women, they all know hopscotch" ~ Eddie Izzard

You Can Help

merylsilverburg is offline   Reply With Quote

X vBulletin 3.8.10 Debug Information
  • Page Generation 0.61398 seconds
  • Memory Usage 1,935KB
  • Queries Executed 9 (?)
More Information
Template Usage:
  • (1)SHOWTHREAD_SHOWPOST
  • (1)ad_footer_end
  • (1)ad_footer_start