View Single Post
Old Jun 5th, 2003, 05:35 PM   #5
blindman
Sketch Penguin

blindman is on a distinguished road
THEN here is the next chapter.

Chapter 2 I don't wonder, i just guess.

The rain had left a beatiful sunshine on Darios balcony. Last thing he does is go outside, he doesnt want to waste the day. Instead...he pictures himself in the cold rain that was the previous day, and then he gives the day a second thought. "It's saturday...no clients. Should i pass by my office?" he mumbled. Dario was a dedicated lawyer, he has been for the past 10 years (he got married three years in his career), but the marriage loss has not yet ruined him, instead, it made him stronger in cases like rape, and even abuse of a family member. He found it shocking.
Just as he slowly puts his white shirt - with a "Quicksilver" logo on it- the phone rings. He had no caller I.D, it could had been a prank. A prank? at 10 am in the morning? nah.

He picks up the phone. "Hello?" he mumbled again, "Dario my man! you ok dude!?". That voice, that loud manly voice hurt his ears so early in the morning. It must have been Kennedy his bud from work; also a layer. "Ken?" Dario replied unsurprised. "Dude... you dont have to ask who it is! just say SUP!!!!...and i mean that with lots of energy, so people would like to talk to you man?" "I'm surprised anyone talks to you, seeing all you say is DUDE and yell it at 10 am in the morning" Dario smiles, a friendly smile and then his eyes grow. "Haha, you are as fragile as i left you" "what time did you wake up anyway?" "somewhere around 7 am...tired of sleeping man, pluss my bladder couldnt take anylonger so i had to run to the bathroom" "not forgetting your bathroom is all the way downstairs" "yeah you're lucky you live in an apartment..get to see the viewwwwwwwwww" "you didnt have to lenghen that up" "did i?". A pause.
Kennedy is a young 20 year old unmarried man. His dark green eyes attract, but he looses his cool in a matter of seconds. With mid long hair, fair skin and fairly normal body shape, his looks attract...but his personality and his IQ take it to the ground. He is good in the court though, and hasnt lost one case. He lives all the way up the street from Dario.

"So what then, you or I dont have any clients..we could spend some time dude, i mean i got some friends as well...maybe after a long day we could have some kind of bachelor party...what do you....oh...damn i should had said that" Kennedy stutters for a while trying to know what to say. "It's ok" Dario relaxes " I understand how hyperactive you can be. I was just going for a walk around the office, but you broke my concentration" "you like hurting me dont you? just joking, i know you are like that. Well, have you talked to Sheryl?". Dario relaxes on his kitchen chair and picks up his cordless instead from the kitchen leaving the cord one where it belongs, in the living room. "Not much of a verbal conversation, but from her eyes i noticed she liked the squirrel" "Dude you bought her at squirrel? PLAYA, hehe jokes man, yeah i remember her story" "she told you too?" "you're not the onlyone special" "life tought me that" "tch..do you have to be so hard on yourself?". Another pause, and then Dario stands up and serves himself a glass of water. "So what do you want to do today?" Kennedy continues. "Nothing, probably going to call Sheryl now, or maybe she took her cousin for a walk to the park already" "dont forget the dog" "oh yeah, Rinoa" "I wonder why she had to name her after that game character" Kennedy then gets confortable on his chair. "Maki likes that game, i remmeber she trashed the controller after she died for the fifth time agains Maltimekia". Dario laughs uncontrollably, he drools his water. "What!?" "i thought it was Ultimecia" "The heck? oh, how do you know you boring ungamer?" "Looks like Maki doesnt like you that much, all she talks about is Ultimecia, at least to me".
"Ok then...fine, i got to go now, take your walk alright?" " hey dont be mad, you called me" " im not mad dude" "ic, dont throw eggs at my apartment just cuz i corrected you" "oh hahaha" "Bye man" Dario smiles like he has never before, exept when he was in the altar...bu those are just memories. "They both hang up the phone.

Dario heads to his room so he can check the dry conditions of his jacket, it was nice colored now. Mabye it would give him a new disguise.
He picks up his wallet and his cellphone. He wonders how much time he has left...he doesnt mind anyway. "Another day" he says while trectching, he was rather proud. He softly passes his hands on the white bible that his wife gave him when she was just 18 and they had just met.
He experiences a flashback: A woman on a white tube top and army pants with blond, long shiny hair walks through an unknown park. She notices a man on a bench reading a white book titled "White pages of wisdom" in gold letters.

The flashback ends, for he is interrupted by siresn outside. He didnt want to go back to the memory, his eyes where already watered. He hated to be so sensitive, but he could not change that. Walking to the door, he wonders what lies after it, maybe jus the same old graffity. He guesses right, and unminds it as always.
He takes the elevator to the Lobby.
Outside his building he only sees cars, cars all over the place parked. "Everyone is home today" he says to himself, "odd".
"Small world perhaps?" a voice is heard on his right ear. "Hey Dario" it was Sheryl. As beautiful as always. "You are just like your cousin, sneaking on my right ear" then he smiles friendly. "Yup. So hows life Dari-bud?" she grins, trying to show something? "Oh, so that dentist visit 2 weeks ago helped didnt it?" "yes it did! and i dont feel sorry for my money either". She wasnt perfect, her teeth where whiter than what they where 2 weeks ago.
She wore something like Darios flashbacks. A white top - spelling "White and Blue wave" with a logo on it, signifiing a beach - loose cream pants with lots of pockets and an orange bandana. "No lipstick today?" "nop, I noticed I was Makis inspiration" "Hehe, clever" "so where are you heading?" "i was just going to take a walk" " yeah enjoy the sunshine, something i thought i would had gotten yesterday at the cottage but instead.." she is interrupted "...You got stuck in the rain" by Dario. Like the song goes. "Yes, heeh, you know me by now" "its not a first".
"by the way...wheres your cousin anyway? Maki" "oh she is with her parents, going out camping to enjoy the nice day, so i decided to do the same, but not camping." She gives Dario a smile, a normal smile, and then a giggle, then they both share a nice laugh before stopping short.

"Any new poems about death?" she asked silently. "No, im not writing one today either, i feel to alive...plus, i havent heard my wifes voice" "she must be dead now, she must be resting already" "no, she would had told me" "I see" she vows her head with a sad look in her eyes. "Sorry to bring it up" "no matter".
**cellphone**
"Your or mine?" Asks Sheryl in a reflex. "Yours, mine vibrates".
She picks up her cell and checks the call, she smiles and shows Dario. *Sigh* "Its him again?". "Hello?"..."HEY!!! Its Kennedy, wanna hang out today? i kinda had a feeling you wherent doing anything today, and since its such a nice day i thought..." nothing is heard, she passes the phone to Dario so he can iterrupt. "Then i can bring some of my friends..." interruption "...to plan another bachelor party?" Dario laughs . "What!? who? Dario? darn it!" Dario and Sheryl laugh like kids, she could hear Kennedy from where she was standing. "You could only plan bachelor parties with males man" Dario smiles wide as he explains. "I wasnt going to...argh! lets talk some other time" He hangs up.
"Anything new?" Sheryl smiles. "No, he just forgot half his brain in the cooki jar" "So, wanna walk to the park? its only 15 minutes from here if we walk turtle slow" "damn it, fine...i guess i cant be lazy."

Then they both smile as they head straight. On the horizon, there whas vegetation, and then there was the highway with as many cars as usual. A good 14 cars per 50 second.
They chat as they head straight. Sheryl smaks him on the head in a friendly way, he must had said something dumb. But then again, hes human. The song "Time" by Chantal Kreviazuk is played as the chapter ends.

There, my second chapter. Hope people like it.
blindman is offline   Reply With Quote

X vBulletin 3.8.10 Debug Information
  • Page Generation 0.95877 seconds
  • Memory Usage 1,927KB
  • Queries Executed 8 (?)
More Information
Template Usage:
  • (1)SHOWTHREAD_SHOWPOST
  • (1)ad_footer_end
  • (1)ad_footer_start
  • (1)ad_header_end
  • (1)ad_header_logo