View Single Post
Old Jul 10th, 2002, 08:40 PM   #27
Sid554
The Silent Killer

Sid554 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally posted by Weapon_XZ84
(Just like to thank you guys for the mature and well thought out responses, for a minute I expected alot of Fu*k off's and no one cares, but I can see that you guys know your stuff. But lets face it one of the major goals of a religious is recruiting, I guess I worded it wrong when i said forcing thier religious on people. Recruiting ? I mean if we are gods creations whey doesent he drop by every once ina while or atleast give us a clear sign of his existance. Im not completely denieing the existence of god or a god. For all i know Booda could be up there. My point is there is no possible way for people to be even close to sure of the existance of heaven , hell, or even Jesus (As the son of christ) sence it is just about proven that a man that went by the name of jesus existed. I think that he was a brilliant philosopher who preached of good morals and was gifted in modern medisines. The uneducated isrealites at the time saw his doings and as many ancient people did related them to a higher religious power, eventually it became wide spread and all the details were added by scribes. Who basically glorified every thing that happened. But those are just my beleifs. But seriously without lieing how many of you were born into your religious and were TOUGHT to belive what you belive in be it christianity or whatever. Im guessign that over 89 % of you were tought form an extreemly early age to beleive whole haertedly in what your parents wanted you to, you werent given a choice . See I grew up with my mother who never exposed me or brain washed I mean tought me a religious . She has left it up to me . I am 18 now and I have been privlidged with a choice of what I as a person will belive in. And after a little research, yes I read the bible and allowed my father, a born again christian who is very very religious to try and turn me. But after lookign at what christianity has brought on the world ( look at the puritans they killed good honest people just because someoen called them a witch, and kepe in mind thats what your christianity used to be thats what america was founded on. And now after taking a good honest look at some religions I ask tell myself i need more, somehting substantial, lets face it an athiest and a Christian in a court are arguing over religioun the athiest could present tons of scientific findings that contradict what the bible says, and the bible would be unaccepted as any proof seing as how it has no authoer or facts to back it up. Bottom line is that any educated person that wasnt brain washed into beleiving one religious or another and wasnt just bottom line desperate and depressed looking for some hope would choose to be an athiest or atleast undenominational, i am a cross between the 2. And I know some of you will say because ive heard this before " I am 18 (or older) and I could change my religious in a heartbeat if I wanted to but I truly belive in this with my heart and sole my parents arent a factor in what I belive in anymore". But lets face it you grow up form the age 1 to 17, 18 or 19 believing blindly in what your parents have tought you your NOT going to throw away somehting that youve belived in for all your life its easier just to continue beliveing in it. And last thing is, you say its not a clear clack and white thing, how do you know, its like every single christian has it figured out on thier own, but lets face it god isnt 100 different people (representing 100 different people ideas of what he is) He is (If he exists) one man and has been for as long as hes existed therefor every religioun is a contradiction of the other and the odds a YOU ARE ALL COMPLETELY WORNG ABOUT HIM (Im no more right than any of you but atleast i admit that I just flat out have no idea who rules this earth you all belive in some book that has no proven significance and is prolly like i said a collection of wirtings about seemingly great things that happened glorified and greatly greatly Exaggerated without the application of modern scientific knowledge that disporves all of it. And jesus the great philosopher that he was quickly became the center of this book. (Anyways those are just my beliefs, I have mine U have yours, thanks for the feedback

Dude,are you writin' a book or something?
Sid554 is offline   Reply With Quote

X vBulletin 3.8.10 Debug Information
  • Page Generation 0.75824 seconds
  • Memory Usage 1,905KB
  • Queries Executed 9 (?)
More Information
Template Usage:
  • (1)SHOWTHREAD_SHOWPOST
  • (1)ad_footer_end
  • (1)ad_footer_start
  • (1)ad_header_end
  • (1)ad_header_logo