Thread: E3 06 thread
View Single Post
Old May 18th, 2006, 12:29 PM   #55
Redpyramidhead
pazparacolombia

Redpyramidhead is on a distinguished road
This is all giving me a headache. Actually, what dissapoints me most is that the PS3 controllers will not have a vibration function. I am hoping that they will offer a peripheral that can be attached to controllers or a revision of their controller later on that will be allowed after they work something out with whoever was suing them over the vibration feature. In Silent Hill for example, the feeling of your heartbeat increasing as you are on the brink of losing your life is infinately important. So is the feeling of your engin and driving over a rough surface in pretty much ANY racing videogame. I can only imagine just how upset Kojima is knowing the interesting things he likes to do with controllers!

So yeah... that is the biggest dissapointment to me. The price of the PS3 would be the next dissapointment, but that is launch price and I wasnt exactly planning on getting my hands on one right away anyways. At this rate I probably won't own one until the latter half of 2007 and that is fine with me as I am sure the price will have dropped nicely by then as well as there being plenty of TRUE next gen titles for it by then. In the meantime I will probably invest in a 360.

Also, I still plan on getting a lot of gaming fun out of the PS2 for the next few years as should the rest of you. Not only are games going to drop to such a wonderful price that we all will be in gaming bliss, but developers are still belting out games that test the very limits of the system in ways we havent imagined possible before. Even Sony themselves will be continuing to invest lots of time and money into the PS2. Units are still being sold at a wonderful rate. This is where Microsoft is losing out. They have pretty much abandoned first party support for the Xbox and did not offer a more convenient redesign. The success of the PS2 it seems may continue to bridge the gap between this console and when the majority of us will finally be able to realistically make the decision to own a PS3. MGS4 and all those wonderful games will still be there. PLus, I dont know about you, but I still have hundreds of incredible games and series of games to play through before thinking or worrying about investing in a 600 dollar piece of eye candy. That is all it will be for the first 1-2 years.

_RED_ stuff

"..loathsome laughing, mixed with such a cry as no man has heard save for in the phlegathon of unrelatable nightmares; a cry wherein reverberated the horror and anguish of a haunted lifetime packed into one atrocious moment..."
Redpyramidhead is offline   Reply With Quote

X vBulletin 3.8.10 Debug Information
  • Page Generation 0.03702 seconds
  • Memory Usage 1,897KB
  • Queries Executed 9 (?)
More Information
Template Usage:
  • (1)SHOWTHREAD_SHOWPOST
  • (1)ad_footer_end
  • (1)ad_footer_start
  • (1)ad_header_end
  • (1)ad_header_logo