View Single Post
Old May 27th, 2005, 11:56 PM   #2
MADRUCKIS
Noble Psychopath

MADRUCKIS is on a distinguished road
wha?

why do you need to pick a major? did I miss something when I read I'm sorry but no school should be forcing you to declare a major until a certain amount of credits are reached. Well thats how I went through school and how it is here........you can liberal for 1 year and some, and then declare. But if theres something different on your side...

and next point..special abilites? you obviousely have the special ability to worry and regretting lol. Sheeet, if that was a special ability..you'd have to roll me around in a wheel chair around the academy of students ready to fight magneto.

next point....parents. I wish I could divorce mine, but I cant. They think big for oyu and try not to put stress but the pressure is always there. Heres something to realize...dont count you parents as a factor when chosing your future. Dont feel like a failure if you fall short of what you want to give to family. True family supports you on your shortcomings and praises you on advancements. Bosses on the other hand....you are a failure if you dont meet standards and true bosses only support advancements....your family isnt a job that you can be fired from.

next point.....psych was crap eh? lemme share something
<-------------6 years of college experience
your major classes wont always be the most interesting. The simple reasoning that "Well Ilike the subject so I'll do good in it." is bantha poodoo. I was a marketing major....I always believed I could sell air conditioners to eskimos but out of all the marketing classes I took, only 1 was interesting to the point where I liked it. The rest were crap. Why? Because it depends on the professor. My experience is that the professor makes the class...period. My best marketing class was from someone who diverged form the text, challenged us as students, and HOLY BLEEEP BLEEEP HE ACTUALLY LOOKED LIKE HE ENJOYED TEACHING. 3/5 professors look like teaching can be their only source of income other than asking "Is that happy meal for a boy or girl?" Dont feel discouraged because someone else discourages you...the only person that can limit you is yourself.

next point...scared about those essays and such for entrance exams. You must know how you get better at writing? BY WRITING...pudumpoooosh
You want to know if you have the chops for a magazine or you want to strengthen your writing confidence. Then fregain write write write. You can only grow stronger by it.........you want to know how to land a good entrance essay. Find an approach thats unique, allowing your creativity to mask what you may lack somewhere else. Write a mock magazine, create, build, learn. INFORMATION INFORMATION INFORMATION......scarf it by the boatloads. The net is your freind, explore every side of curiosity you may have regarding every field you've every wanted to knwo about. Today, I realized I didnt know much about quantum mechanics, so I bought a book and started reading it.....just for shitsngiggles.

I've written 15 notebooks worth of my book so far, eh? And every year I go back to some and read my writing...its PAINFUL. I laugh and laugh at it because in a year Ive grown a vicious pen, and now three years of writing, I cant even understand why I worried about not being able to write my book. I'm doing it
I'm going back to school to major in english with a creative writing focus and think of how strong I'll be by its end. glorious triumph....and its all afetr I wasted time and got a degree that I didnt even have a passion for. wasted because I just wanted to give my parents something..anything. wasted because I swore I couldnt write the story in my head-that I would fail. Sound famaliar?

Cut the BS and focus. Get some extra writing in, set goals with determination "There is no try, just do.", approach college essays creativly, and when you do 'do' things-do it as best as you can. If your best is 40% then thats it. But realize that to reach a goal you need to leave self-doubt in your other set of pants

everyone can kill a squirrel with a bat but not many people can kill a grizzly with a toothpick.

umm what I think I meant by that was to sharpen your weapon....your knowledge about yourself, NOT DOUBT. THE TRUTH ABOUT YOURSELF
not
I think I can be good at....
I think I might be able to...

its
WHEN IT COMES TO _____________, I SHOULD BE KING OF A COUNTRY THAT EXPORTS _______________.
ITS SO EASY FOR ME TO DO THIS, I THINK I MIGHTVE BEEN ITS CREATOR IN A FORMER LIFE

build on yourself, if you were a f'up before then identify why you f'd up and build.

look inside your se....oh whoops, not supposed to say it. But really, how are we supposed to know what you're supposed to pick?

If you do follow my advice right now then you dont have to follow my advice....makes perfect sense to me ay?

Try your best to strengthen your 'weapon' and killing bear with a toothpick is cake...get more prepared to make desicions because it sounds like your self doubting because you dont know details
MADRUCKIS is offline   Reply With Quote

X vBulletin 3.8.10 Debug Information
  • Page Generation 0.64792 seconds
  • Memory Usage 1,903KB
  • Queries Executed 8 (?)
More Information
Template Usage:
  • (1)SHOWTHREAD_SHOWPOST
  • (1)ad_footer_end
  • (1)ad_footer_start
  • (1)ad_header_end
  • (1)ad_header_logo