View Single Post
Old Nov 6th, 2004, 09:43 PM   #67
Harry
Administrator

Harry has much to be proud ofHarry has much to be proud ofHarry has much to be proud ofHarry has much to be proud ofHarry has much to be proud ofHarry has much to be proud ofHarry has much to be proud ofHarry has much to be proud ofHarry has much to be proud ofHarry has much to be proud of
I'm not saying that people should go and vote without knowing what they are doing, I jumped directly to a step forward, because from your previous post it seemed to me you said you know something about both candidates and decided accordingly; of course, the first duty is to know what is going on in our country and get informed before going to vote (as I mentioned in the pre-elections thread), especially when everybody knows that so many things are going horribly wrong in the world and in your country. So, persons with the RIGHT to vote have the DUTY to know the situation of their country, with no need of becoming experts of politics or economy.

I would also like to make my ideas even clearer. A person, after considering all aspects of voting and not voting, after considering the situation of his country, and so on, can also decide to NOT VOTE, but this is a political choice exactly like voting for candidate A or candidate B. For example, in this case, this would mean that a person has no interest in the way war will be handled in the next future, in the kind of medical assistance offered to lower classes in the next future, in the way immigrates will be treated in your country, and so on.

Of course, in real world, millions vote without knowing what they are doing, and upper classes like to feed ignorance to change the world in the way they consider the best one. But my previous post was referring to a step forward, which follows the probably more important #1 step: get informed, study, create your own ideas, and then use them to choose which party better represents you. I also don’t like politics, but we must accept that those people up there have the power to shape our destiny.

Voting is a RIGHT, knowing what is happening in your country is a DUTY.
Harry is offline   Reply With Quote

X vBulletin 3.8.10 Debug Information
  • Page Generation 0.35613 seconds
  • Memory Usage 1,900KB
  • Queries Executed 9 (?)
More Information
Template Usage:
  • (1)SHOWTHREAD_SHOWPOST
  • (1)ad_footer_end
  • (1)ad_footer_start
  • (1)ad_header_end
  • (1)ad_header_logo