PsFantasy.com Forums

PsFantasy.com Forums (https://forums.psfantasy.com/index.php)
-   General Chat (https://forums.psfantasy.com/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Do you like your real name? (https://forums.psfantasy.com/showthread.php?t=9135)

Meiko May 31st, 2006 08:51 AM

Do you like your real name?

Do you like your real name or not? Why? What name would you pick for yourself instead of the one you have? What names do you find nice or do you like in general, or which ones would you pick if you had to, for example for your babies?

IcyMourdor May 31st, 2006 07:39 PM

I am indifferent with my name. James Allen Martin. Simple like me. I don't think I would pick a different name for me.

I've been discussing this with my girl recently actually. For a girl, we already decided we would name her Terra Lynne Martin. We aren't sure what we are going to name a boy yet.

Frozen May 31st, 2006 09:53 PM

I love both of my names. Ricardo, as far as I've read, has related meanings to "strong leader" "powerful governant" "leader of the wolf pack".

I don't know Julian's meaning but I relate it to old scientist-religious individuals whom achieved great discoveries that we enjoy today.

I am not sure how would I name any of my sons though, but if I have a daughter I would like to name her Juliana, or Julianne.

REChick14 May 31st, 2006 10:27 PM

My name is Anamaria. I like my name considering its both of my grandmothers names put together. If I ever have kids I would like the girls name either to be Adriana or Anastasia, notice how ana is in everyone of them :laugh: . I gotta put my name in there somehow. If its a boy I would like Gavin or Alejandro or even Dante, i always liked that name.

DSgamer May 31st, 2006 11:59 PM

my name is diego, its the words die and go together

Berserker Jun 2nd, 2006 01:20 AM

Dutch names in general suck, so does my name. But I don't care cause the country is full of stupid names. I always liked hispanic and italian names, they have the tendency to sound real cool.
If I should get any children they will probably have hispanic names(boy) or italian names(girl).

jjmoohead Jun 2nd, 2006 03:12 PM

Seperate my names are not that great Johnathan and James, but combine them and you get a whole lot of goodness.

HENCE ====> JJ

who doesn't want to be called Jay Jay

and the best part is...my licence plate can say DOUBLE J!

Yep I like it!

Hylas Jun 2nd, 2006 05:36 PM

I like my name a lot. Astrid is a Scandinavian name, that means star. I've always thought it's wondeful.

Aubrey McFatum Jun 4th, 2006 12:20 PM

I do. Czech names aren't nice, but mine is not that bad. The fact is they just don't have much "personality". I wouldn't like to pick a too exotic name. when you go somewhere and you hear a name that is too exotic for that place, it sounds weird and sometimes ridiculous.

Berserker Jun 6th, 2006 01:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Aubrey McFatum
I wouldn't like to pick a too exotic name. when you go somewhere and you hear a name that is too exotic for that place, it sounds weird and sometimes ridiculous.

Agreed, a big blond russian bloke called Antonio, Guiseppe etc. isn't really right is it??

Meiko Jun 6th, 2006 03:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Berserker
Agreed, a big blond russian bloke called Antonio, Guiseppe etc. isn't really right is it??

Lol, but that would be funny to hear :D

tempted Jun 6th, 2006 02:28 PM

I kinda like my real name, i like my first name a lot, Elisabete, my middle name however it's horrible, and i won't even dare to mention it. Now if i had to pick names for my kids, boy names - Alexandre or Miguel, girl names - Carolina or Eliana.

Beretta55 Jun 14th, 2006 06:15 AM

I like my name even though it's very common, Matthew. I told my parents this and they said they named me Matthew because it's biblical (Matthew one of the followers of Christ and such.) I dunno, I like it. I use to just go by Matt but I like to be called Matthew now, it sounds alot better to me now then when I was much younger. However I dislike my middle name and it is Phillip...It just doesn't sit well with me and I feel it doesn't click with my name or last name. Matthew Phillip Shaw...my middle name just feels like it sticks out like a sore thumb. XD

And if your from the south (like me) my last name can be a play on the word for "sure"

"That shaw is a great tune Bubba J"
"It shaw is Jimmy Jack, it shaw is."
XD

happy_doughnut Jun 15th, 2006 05:27 AM

^ LOL! :laugh:

Hmm. I like my first name, even though it's rather boring and generic.
Spoiler: show
Brenda~*

Not bad, I guess. I don't mind it. :)

I hate my middle name, though, and I will not dare reveal it. In fact, aside from my family and maybe one or two friends, no one knows it. Yes, I am ashamed.

My last name sucks too; it's too hard to pronounce.

But it's okay because I'm going to marry someone with a nice last name, like Nesta or Sasaki.

Yes, it works out.

Had I had it my way, though, my name would be Samantha because I feel like a Sam. Yes, sir.

Chara Jun 19th, 2006 06:22 PM

I'm indifferent towards my name. Lawrence isnt a bad name but there are many better ones. I would rather have my name to be Jean-Luc. But that is just my inner nerd speaking.

Berserker Jun 20th, 2006 01:43 AM

I found out the true meaning of my name, just a week ago it turnes out to be from a greek god and it's quite a nice story( i feel another tattoo coming on..), so maybe it's not that bad(allthough I don't like the sound of it).

Pu the Owl Jun 20th, 2006 10:15 PM

Quote:

I found out the true meaning of my name, just a week ago it turnes out to be from a greek god and it's quite a nice story( i feel another tattoo coming on..), so maybe it's not that bad(allthough I don't like the sound of it).

What god and what story? I used to be a greek mythology fanatic when I was younger, so I'm curious now :)

Berserker Jun 21st, 2006 01:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Panuru
What god and what story? I used to be a greek mythology fanatic when I was younger, so I'm curious now :)

I went to the ancient city of Olympia this holiday and if you're a mythology fanatic you really should go there. My name comes from the greek god of wine, the story about the son of Zeus he made with a mortal wife and needed to hide from his jealous wife Hera and give it to Hermes in order to bring it to the nymphes to raise it?? I've seen the statue with Hermes carrying the baby with Hermes' arm missing where he used to hold grapes and the baby reaching for it. Very impressive to see the huge statue in real life!

So you must know my real name by now, but pleazzz keep it sssshh :lmao:

Vic Viper Jun 21st, 2006 02:10 AM

Quote:

I went to the ancient city of Olympia this holiday and if you're a mythology fanatic you really should go there. My name comes from the greek god of wine, the story about the son of Zeus he made with a mortal wife and needed to hide from his jealous wife Hera and give it to Hermes in order to bring it to the nymphes to raise it?? I've seen the statue with Hermes carrying the baby with Hermes' arm missing where he used to hold grapes and the baby reaching for it. Very impressive to see the huge statue in real life!

So you must know my real name by now, but pleazzz keep it sssshh :lmao:

i was curious so i google your name. there are 2 names that came out, which one is it, the roman name or the greek name ? :ghost:

Pu the Owl Jun 21st, 2006 01:25 PM

Oh yes, I got the name now. Do you know my last name is abbreviation of the name of the same god? Yes. So we have something in common. And I don't think your name, I'm guessing you are talking about the Dutch version of it, is bad at all.

Some of the myths regarding the god you're talking about are very obscure and mysterious. He's one of the most complicated figures in Greek mythology. He's a very controversial deity, with strong influencial presence in modern culture as well.