PsFantasy.com Forums

PsFantasy.com Forums (https://forums.psfantasy.com/index.php)
-   Comics And Anime Forum (https://forums.psfantasy.com/forumdisplay.php?f=19)
-   -   Excel Saga (https://forums.psfantasy.com/showthread.php?t=7094)

Uchiha Sasuke Dec 30th, 2003 11:59 AM

Excel Saga

Ok I just noticed there isn't a thread for this great anime. I just badgered CC into buying this masterpiece after seeing some great AMV's of it, and again I must say I am so pleased. The anime is definately the craziest and best thing I ever seen even though it was only the 1st DVD. I am so amazed what these creators were able to come up with, I didn't think anyone had that kinda insight. Plus the characters are priceless, espically that damn Naboshin, even though IL Palazzo is my Fav. Anyways lets discuss this masterpiece of nonsense.

Cannibal Clown Dec 31st, 2003 07:49 PM

Well, obviously, me being the guy who bought it, loves it. It really is the funniest thing i have ever seen. The characters are second to none with creativity. Hideaki anno would have a problem trying to figure these guys out. It's all nonsence, and is nothing but mindless comedy, which is why it's so good.

Don't watch it with the hope of a stry, or plot, or anything in relation to such things. Just expect a total mind blower, because that's all it is. A few of my freinds watched it with me the first veiwing of it. One, who was expectig what he got loved it just as much as I, then the other two only insulted it. Till about the third episode where they couldn't hol dit in anymore, and edmitted that it was funny as hell.

Nabeshin Rules!!!!

Reid Jan 1st, 2004 10:27 PM

I watched a bit of this a while ago (I think the first three episodes) and I thought it was pretty good.

I really like the kind of manic style of comedy, especially the very offbeat kind and Excel Saga really had that. The animation seemed decent enough as well - sort of that kind of 'generic' anime style.

The show sort of reminds me of FLCL although I can't say for sure because I haven't seen past a little bit of Excel. I feel bad for the main character's poor dog though. As far as I can remember she was always trying to eat it.

:shock:

Uchiha Sasuke Jan 4th, 2004 03:44 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by Reid

I watched a bit of this a while ago (I think the first three episodes) and I thought it was pretty good.

I really like the kind of manic style of comedy, especially the very offbeat kind and Excel Saga really had that. The animation seemed decent enough as well - sort of that kind of 'generic' anime style.

The show sort of reminds me of FLCL although I can't say for sure because I haven't seen past a little bit of Excel. I feel bad for the main character's poor dog though. As far as I can remember she was always trying to eat it.

:shock:
Sorry man FLCL has nothing at Excel Saga. It is such a big ball of nonsense you'll be wondering what kinda of acid the director and everyone else working on the series were on. Its plain crazy.

007_JamesBond Jan 11th, 2004 01:59 PM

the accountant owns all!!!!

Uchiha Sasuke Jan 11th, 2004 10:06 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by 007_JamesBond

the accountant owns all!!!!
Too Bad he's in only 1 episode through the whole series.

007_JamesBond Jan 15th, 2004 06:52 PM

quiet you and your fiendish way, i need to have a little hope for something, if so that little segment was still worth it

Uchiha Sasuke Jan 15th, 2004 10:18 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by 007_JamesBond

quiet you and your fiendish way, i need to have a little hope for something, if so that little segment was still worth it
Ah we all know Il Palazzo owns him.

Rei Jan 22nd, 2004 03:38 PM

I am back after my absence (I decided to come back later from my Christmas vacations...).

I like Excel Saga a lot. I've watched it more than once. It's one of the anime series that makes me laugh whenever I watch it, no matter how many times I see it. It's great fun! It takes some time to get used to that genre of nonsense I suppose, especially if you expect classic anime comedy. FLCL and Excel Saga sort of have in common only the use of nonsense IMO, but they're really different series. I can say that I agree with Reid that the style of Excel Saga is a bit generic, speaking of drawing and animation, but it doesn't really matter. It fits the humor pretty well and it's not annoying like it often happens for other genres (adventure or dramatic anime mainly, when at least a strong and peculiar style is needed when the plot is not very original...).

linkkiller31 Feb 6th, 2004 02:16 AM

agree and disagree

18 red creepy

Yes i agree it is a very good anime but not the wierdest. What about fooly cooly or serial expirement lain. those are wierd. but i do very much like excell saga. If you havent seen fooly cooly go rent it now.or infact buy it now.

Uchiha Sasuke Feb 6th, 2004 04:11 PM

Re: agree and disagree

Quote:

Originally posted by linkkiller31

18 red creepy

Yes i agree it is a very good anime but not the wierdest. What about fooly cooly or serial expirement lain. those are wierd. but i do very much like excell saga. If you havent seen fooly cooly go rent it now.or infact buy it now.
Personally I found everything I saw in Excel Saga much wierdier and more random than anything I've seen in Lain or FLCL. Just my opinion though.

linkkiller31 Feb 6th, 2004 08:25 PM

Ya i still dont know guitars coming out of heads. and little girls being in the real and wireless world at the same time thats pretty wierd.:disturb:

omni vengeance Mar 4th, 2004 10:48 PM

Ahg I love Excel Saga! My friend got it for Christmas and he let me borrow it (Entire series) And, although it was QUITE weird, it was still funny as hell :laugh:

LrdAlucard Oct 28th, 2004 10:21 AM

lol :) it does have some sort of sequel...puni puni poemi ^~ i advise u all watching it :P pretty damn looney too lol ;)

Urahara Kisuke Dec 1st, 2004 10:19 PM

Yah, Excel Saga is one of my favorite animes. It has comedy and it is just so random. I love it. Also, the spin-off Puni Puni Poemy is even more crazy and off the wall. A+ material.

LrdAlucard Dec 2nd, 2004 08:02 AM

LOl...as for me, i think she used to talk a little bit too fast O.o lol dont u agree?

Urahara Kisuke Dec 2nd, 2004 02:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LrdAlucard
LOl...as for me, i think she used to talk a little bit too fast O.o lol dont u agree?

If anything, she should have talked faster. Make it more random and fun. lol