PsFantasy.com Forums

PsFantasy.com Forums (https://forums.psfantasy.com/index.php)
-   Comics And Anime Forum (https://forums.psfantasy.com/forumdisplay.php?f=19)
-   -   Samurai Deeper KYO (https://forums.psfantasy.com/showthread.php?t=6936)

luminis_knight Nov 13th, 2003 02:03 PM

Samurai Deeper KYO

has n-e-one watched it tis really the greatest of all animes well not that great but one of the best samurai animes ever
anyways i was wondering if you did watch it can you tell me when the third dvd disc is coming out?;)

MakgSnake Nov 13th, 2003 02:39 PM

Please check the whole forums before posting your thread. There are special sections for each topic. Thank you. :)

luminis_knight Nov 13th, 2003 02:42 PM

sorry

i didnt know that...

Rei Nov 13th, 2003 02:55 PM

No problem. Yoiu're new and you don't know how to post, it's normal. But anyway, no, I haven't watched it. Is it good?

luminis_knight Nov 13th, 2003 04:35 PM

yeah

its a great anime you should buy it...id vouch for it...oh and i got the hang of this organized forum thing so you guys dont have to worrie bout me n-e-more buh-bye now
and thanx

Uchiha Sasuke Nov 14th, 2003 01:54 AM

This is from the same company that does Berserk, atleast thats what my friends told me. I haven't seen it myself but I heard incredibly good things about it.

Cannibal Clown Nov 14th, 2003 02:51 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by SSSnake

This is from the same company that does Berserk, atleast thats what my friends told me. I haven't seen it myself but I heard incredibly good things about it.
It's not actually made by the same company that did Berserk, but it is licenced by the same company. As well as Rurouni Kenshin, and Knight Hunters. "Anime Works" in other words.

Any ways, it is a great anime, the voice acting isn't the worst i've seen an anime, and its got a very anjoyable story that many different audiences can get into. It's got its comedy, and violence, and it drama and progressing story. So far oly the first three DVDs are out, so i haven't seen it all, but so far it is very good. I suggest most to at least give it a gander, and decide what you think of it.

Ludacris Nov 19th, 2003 02:06 AM

Hello. I've also heard good things about the anime. I was wondering if there are any site for it?

merylsilverburg Nov 29th, 2003 07:40 AM

I finished this anime in the summer and I'm sorry to say that I didn't enjoy it very much. When I first began watching it, the first 5 or 6 episodes were interesting and enjoyable. I even came on and recommended it. But then, as the series progressed, the story became more uninteresting, the characters became too bland, and the ending was completely rushed. The manga is still running (up to 23 currently) and believe me...the series doesn't end the way it did in the anime. If they realized the manga continues on, then they really shouldn't even create the anime and have that terrible ending. I hope they decide to do a second season, but it doesn't seem like it's going to happen, unfortunately.

Hero Dec 15th, 2003 05:13 PM

It started out strong, lost its stride and became, "just another samurai anime". Nothing special after episode 14 or 15.

I don't exactly agree with the fact that Kyoshiro only comes out a few moments or so in his "goofy mode". Every fight pretty much ends the same way... "Voice of the wind", enemy dead. "Voice of the wind", enemy survived, "Okay now here's the more powerful voice of the wind", enemy dead. "Voice of the wind", enemy survives, Kyoshiro comes out, "Here is the TRUE voice of the wind", enemy dead. Suppose it's going for the shocking come back type of element, but when no protagonist dies, you're never going to be suprised.

merylsilverburg Dec 16th, 2003 07:54 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by Hero

It started out strong, lost its stride and became, "just another samurai anime". Nothing special after episode 14 or 15.

I don't exactly agree with the fact that Kyoshiro only comes out a few moments or so in his "goofy mode". Every fight pretty much ends the same way... "Voice of the wind", enemy dead. "Voice of the wind", enemy survived, "Okay now here's the more powerful voice of the wind", enemy dead. "Voice of the wind", enemy survives, Kyoshiro comes out, "Here is the TRUE voice of the wind", enemy dead. Suppose it's going for the shocking come back type of element, but when no protagonist dies, you're never going to be suprised.
I have to agree with you. Sorry to the fans, but when Kyo just uses the same attack over and over again, it gets repetitive and dull. I'd recommend the manga much more.

LrdAlucard Oct 26th, 2004 05:07 PM

one of the few animes that got me addicted from the beggining to the end.. that anime rocks :) u all should watch it (again) :P

merylsilverburg Oct 27th, 2004 10:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LrdAlucard
one of the few animes that got me addicted from the beggining to the end.. that anime rocks :) u all should watch it (again) :P

Admittedly, it was addicting at first, but seriously...the manga is much better...the story is still going on and I highly recommend it to anyone who feels empty after the end of the anime.

LrdAlucard Oct 28th, 2004 08:40 AM

lol :P i don' "do" manga :P i rather watch 1 episode, than reading a whole manga...with several volumes... i cant imagine anime..without all the movement...i just cant... :x

duovash55 Feb 3rd, 2005 08:58 AM

Sorry but he does use diffrent techniqes in episode 3 he didnt use the divine wind attack and if you knew any thing about japanese history you would know most real samurais only use one techniqe samurai deeper is good ive got the whole dvd collection but nothing beets samurai X best samurai anime ever even though the manga is pretty much a more realistic version(no demons in the manga just plain old fasion sword fighting )read the manga and youll gain more respaect for the show

merylsilverburg Feb 5th, 2005 11:31 PM

If you would like to add something or edit your post, please use the EDIT tool next time. Thank you. :)

Kaolla Su Feb 6th, 2005 01:27 AM

the manga and the anime are waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay different! :S i like the manga better

and duovash55 please put periods in your posts lol you runon bastad lol :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

duovash55 Feb 7th, 2005 09:13 AM

I edit for no man HA HA HA what are you guys my parents editings for school and kaolla su is zellodine AKA dean newton :mean: