PsFantasy.com Forums

PsFantasy.com Forums (https://forums.psfantasy.com/index.php)
-   Final Fantasy Forum (https://forums.psfantasy.com/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   Cocobos on final fantasy 7 (https://forums.psfantasy.com/showthread.php?t=5370)

rpgKing Feb 7th, 2003 11:29 AM

Cocobos on final fantasy 7

Has anyone got the rumored cocobos like the rainbow and silver and white and pink. They have to be there and cant be rumors otherwise they wouldnt be in the cocoboraces. know what I mean

ssjtrunks13 Feb 7th, 2003 11:49 AM

The only colors you can get are: yellow, green, blue, black, and gold. Unless there's soemthing I haven't heard of.

Spank-A-Thon Feb 7th, 2003 02:47 PM

The only chocobos that you can acquire (all except Yellow can only be got via breeding) are Yellow, Green, Blue, Black and Gold.

There are other colours as seen in the races, but you cannot acquire any others.

- S

Runyan69 Feb 7th, 2003 07:07 PM

The only colors you can get are: yellow, green, blue, black, and gold. Unless there's soemthing I haven't heard of

Thats correct.

kupoartist Feb 8th, 2003 05:13 AM

Re: Cocobos on final fantasy 7

Quote:

Originally posted by rpgKing
They have to be there and cant be rumors otherwise they wouldnt be in the cocoboraces. know what I mean
Yet on the other hand, what purpose would they possibly serve, that isn't already served by any of the other chocobos, the submarine or airship? (I will request the banning of the first person to suggest that the white chocobo takes you to the moon to fight the Cheese Weapon :laugh: )

Besides - the golden rule with a game that is nearing 6 years old is that there is nothing that can't be found by existing Gameshark Codes. People have debugged this game a thousand times over. You cannot get these chocobos, you cannot get Zack in your party, and you cannot get a "proper" Sephiroth or Aeris in your party either (In any of the the versions of this game - there is the possibility that there was an Aeris Ressurection in International, but I'm convinced that is a dirty lie - the extra content would have been in the PC version if so.)

DSgamer Feb 9th, 2003 01:13 AM

Re: Re: Cocobos on final fantasy 7

Quote:

Originally posted by the_artist

(I will request the banning of the first person to suggest that the white chocobo takes you to the moon to fight the Cheese Weapon :laugh: )

maybe, if u mix a gold chocobo and a black chocobo, u might be able 2 get a white chocobo

JKJK

although, sometimesmy copy of ff7 gives me rare bugs, sometimes my cloud character starts flickering during battles :confused:

Runyan69 Feb 9th, 2003 09:54 AM

I had a horny Chocobo once!

rpgKing Feb 9th, 2003 02:30 PM

Actually I have

I have gotten areis to work on my game shark. But all others will not work.

kupoartist Feb 9th, 2003 03:11 PM

Re: Actually I have

Quote:

I have gotten areis to work on my game shark. But all others will not work.
yes, and roughly the same thing can be done with getting sephiroth in your party, but you do not genuinely have them in your party - they don't have any story related dialogue, and they have nasty habits like making the game crash... I was just using it as an example because some people still genuinely believe that Aeris can be resurected.

ssjtrunks13 Feb 9th, 2003 03:45 PM

I heard about the Aeris thing. I tried it, but you can't even get into the water. I heard if you go to where Cloud sets Aeris in the water you can retrieve the white materia. This was years ago, just thought I'd post more on the Aeris thing.

rpgKing Feb 10th, 2003 11:21 AM

ya i know

Square should remake final fantasy 7-9 or at least final fantasy 7 for that matter, so aries could be brought back to life. That would be so awesome. I think Im going to try to start a petation so I can email it to square to remake it.

ssjtrunks13 Feb 10th, 2003 12:13 PM

There's always petitiononline.com. Though I have never made a petition there so I wouldn't know how.

Spank-A-Thon Feb 10th, 2003 02:57 PM

Re: ya i know

Quote:

Square should remake final fantasy 7-9 or at least final fantasy 7 for that matter, so aries could be brought back to life. That would be so awesome. I think Im going to try to start a petation so I can email it to square to remake it.
Bringing Aeris back to life would defeat the purpose of the game! Having Aeris ressurected would render the death scene pointless - and serve no purpose whatsoever.

If you want to start a petition that's fine - but realise that Square would have to rewrite the entire story for that to work.

- S

mark0™ Feb 10th, 2003 03:01 PM

Aeris wasn't all that anyways.

Soul Angel Feb 10th, 2003 03:33 PM

Re: Re: ya i know

Quote:

Originally posted by Spank-A-Thon

Bringing Aeris back to life would defeat the purpose of the game! Having Aeris ressurected would render the death scene pointless - and serve no purpose whatsoever.
I agree with Spank, that bringing Aeris back to life in the story will make the whole death thing abit pointless.
And personally I think the FF7 story will lose that certain feel to it, which it has always had to it.

kupoartist Feb 10th, 2003 03:37 PM

Re: Re: ya i know

Quote:

Originally posted by Spank-A-Thon
but realise that Square would have to rewrite the entire story for that to work.
exactly. the whole point about FFVII was that Aeris had to die and essentially save the world doing so. Much of the second half of the game is reflections on Aeris' involvement, and having her alive would simply destroy the effect.

As for how good a character she was, she was a better one than all the other gals in FF7 ... but they were all irritatingly weak / unfunny / iritating / boring / shallow anyway. She was just about the only one who ever showed any mentionable "strength of character"... Its just as well that FF7 probably boasts the best Male cast that any of the FFs have.

Spank-A-Thon Feb 10th, 2003 06:27 PM

Re: Re: Re: ya i know

Quote:

Originally posted by the_artist

exactly. the whole point about FFVII was that Aeris had to die and essentially save the world doing so. Much of the second half of the game is reflections on Aeris' involvement, and having her alive would simply destroy the effect.

As for how good a character she was, she was a better one than all the other gals in FF7 ... but they were all irritatingly weak / unfunny / iritating / boring / shallow anyway. She was just about the only one who ever showed any mentionable "strength of character"... Its just as well that FF7 probably boasts the best Male cast that any of the FFs have.

Ooooh - they be fighting words them!!! lol.

I actually think Tifa is a great character - her turning point for me was during the Lifestream when she helped piece Cloud's past together. Bear in mind also, that for a lot of the game she was carrying the burden of knowing about Cloud's true past, but was unwilling to say anything for fear of tipping the balance in his already fragile mind.

She was an excellent counter foil to Aeris' inane chirpiness and more 'girly' attitude. Both Tifa and Aeris had miles more substance and character than the insipid FFVIII girls...

This is the second dig you've had at Tifa in about a week! Anyone would think you had a thing against large-breasted girls who wear tight clothes!!! lol ;)

- S

ssjtrunks13 Feb 10th, 2003 10:39 PM

I just never got to see her final 3 overdrives and it's tearing me up inside not knowing how I'll be able to do this in a legitamit way.

Spank-A-Thon Feb 11th, 2003 05:45 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by ssjtrunks13

I just never got to see her final 3 overdrives and it's tearing me up inside not knowing how I'll be able to do this in a legitamit way.
The only legitimate way is to build her limit breaks up before you go to the Temple of the Ancients...

- S

rpgKing Feb 11th, 2003 10:31 AM

Yes ive started a petition and over 2000 people have signed already. And it Would'nt be pointless. Especially of what I found in the debug screen. Areis still alive with cloud and tifa in the snow feild.:cool: