PsFantasy.com Forums

PsFantasy.com Forums (https://forums.psfantasy.com/index.php)
-   Action And Adventure (https://forums.psfantasy.com/forumdisplay.php?f=11)
-   -   why did budakai have to be like this...... (https://forums.psfantasy.com/showthread.php?t=4797)

XboxKiller Dec 18th, 2002 02:33 PM

why did budakai have to be like this......

I have a weird question why did the new dragonball Z game have 3-d graphics when it could have had cartoon graphics like in the cartoon.

why dont they make it cartoon is it becaus their hard to make or are they to cheap and lazy to make them.

I think drangon ball Z would have been alot better if it had street fighter looking graphics you all know what I am talking about right. I say the HELL with 3-D graphics on a dragonball Z game and in with cartoonish graphics:laugh:

but thats just what I think what do you guys think:disturb:

Vicious Dec 18th, 2002 02:40 PM

Yeah, your right, that would be kinda cool. Even though DBZ: Budokai has 3D graphix it still looks kick #$%.

Uchiha Sasuke Dec 18th, 2002 03:47 PM

Actually you would see more limited gameplay if dbz were to go 2d.Theres so many things in the series you would loose.The bad thing about dbz that i really noticed is that there really isnt enough moves in the game and some of it gets a tad but repetive.The game is still fun as hell but there is some things that dimps can improve on in the next installment.

Beretta55 Dec 18th, 2002 04:42 PM

it look's ok nothing excellant i say it's worth a rent. but im probally not going to rent it till awhile.

ssjtrunks13 Dec 18th, 2002 07:09 PM

I think it's agreat buy if you are interested in DBZ and/or fighting games. Probably is way better than DBZ: Legacy of Goku ever was!:cool:

Decifer Dec 18th, 2002 07:11 PM

this game kicks ass i got it yesturday and i love it i needed a good fighter game... next up : TEKKEN 4

Vic Viper Dec 18th, 2002 07:18 PM

yea, cell-shadded graphics would've have been neat for this game :)

ssjtrunks13 Dec 19th, 2002 11:57 AM

It would be, but wouldn't someone have to redraw the characters? Unless I don't understand the process of doing cel-shaded graphics:roll:

XboxKiller Dec 19th, 2002 02:28 PM

I want to know one more thing

WHY DOES EVERY SINGLE FIGHTING GAME HAVE TO BE ONE DISK LONG. I MEAN MOST RPG'S ARE LIKE TWO-FOUR DISK LONG. IF BUDOKAI WOULD HAVE HAD 2-d GRAPHICS THEY COULD HAVE JUST MADE A SECOND DISK

THINK OF THE POSSIBILLITY'S YOU CAN DO WITH A TWO DISK LONG FIGHTING GAME. YOU COULD PUT ALL THE DBZ SAGA'S AND EVEN DO SOME OF DRAGONBALL GT. TELL ME DO YOU GUYS THINK I AM GOING CRAZY OR DO YOU AGREE WITH ME?:roll:

ssjtrunks13 Dec 19th, 2002 03:42 PM

I don't know about how much can fit in one disk, but how would a 2 disk fighting game go on?(rhetorical questio). Anyway, I think what you have stated makes since and is very valid.

Uchiha Sasuke Dec 19th, 2002 04:27 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by XboxKiller

I want to know one more thing

WHY DOES EVERY SINGLE FIGHTING GAME HAVE TO BE ONE DISK LONG. I MEAN MOST RPG'S ARE LIKE TWO-FOUR DISK LONG. IF BUDOKAI WOULD HAVE HAD 2-d GRAPHICS THEY COULD HAVE JUST MADE A SECOND DISK

THINK OF THE POSSIBILLITY'S YOU CAN DO WITH A TWO DISK LONG FIGHTING GAME. YOU COULD PUT ALL THE DBZ SAGA'S AND EVEN DO SOME OF DRAGONBALL GT. TELL ME DO YOU GUYS THINK I AM GOING CRAZY OR DO YOU AGREE WITH ME?:roll:
Umm theres is absolutely now reason to make a fighting game 2 discs long,and what would 2-d graphics have to do with it.

trunks69420 Dec 20th, 2002 10:50 AM

I do agree w/ the 2 disk theory. Dragonball (z, gt) is such an expansive series, they could have gone into such depth!! The game is pretty good though and has decent replay value. I already have over 35 hours logged on. I love the dragonballs in this game, although they are difficult to find!

If you are looking for an expansive DBZ game, i have "Heard Rumors" that the next DBZ game will be an RPG!!
I'm hoping anyways..;)

XboxKiller Dec 20th, 2002 02:37 PM

come on peoples think how much a two disk fighting game would be like twice the action twice the gameplay twice the graphics and twicw the beuty:laugh:

Frozen Dec 21st, 2002 02:53 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by SSSnake

Actually you would see more limited gameplay if dbz were to go 2d.Theres so many things in the series you would loose.The bad thing about dbz that i really noticed is that there really isnt enough moves in the game and some of it gets a tad but repetive.The game is still fun as hell but there is some things that dimps can improve on in the next installment.
Answer:

Quote:

Originally posted by king_freak

yea, cell-shadded graphics would've have been neat for this game :)
Done that way, the game would have a much more cartoonish style and would still be able to keep the 3D advantages.

I really have not played it myself yet, I'm sort of broke now ;_;

Zone Dec 22nd, 2002 11:19 PM

I think DBZ Budokai has good graphics. It looks just like the show only in 3D.

ssjtrunks13 Dec 31st, 2002 01:09 AM

I think hercule and his moves are really funny. I am happy with the way it turned out. I think that even though it's 3D that the characters look like in the anime.

Zone Dec 31st, 2002 01:46 AM

I was wondering how they would make Hercule fit. Did a wonderfully (funny) job.

JC Denton Jan 6th, 2003 03:41 PM

I think the graphics aren't that great, they are all right. But what it lacks in graphics is makes up in speed. You dont notice the graphics that much. I like the fast fighting.

ssjtrunks13 Jan 6th, 2003 04:08 PM

Yes, the fast pace fightiong is good too. They could have probably put in a way for you to fly and jump at will.

Sword 4 Hire Jan 7th, 2003 02:29 PM

what about the graphics being something like Guilty Gear X's? That's kinda got a 2d look to it...