PsFantasy.com Forums

PsFantasy.com Forums (https://forums.psfantasy.com/index.php)
-   Action And Adventure (https://forums.psfantasy.com/forumdisplay.php?f=11)
-   -   resident evil 4/galerians:ash ?????? (https://forums.psfantasy.com/showthread.php?t=4772)

fantasytiger Dec 17th, 2002 11:44 AM

resident evil 4/galerians:ash ??????

hey i was reading one of my many favorite mags and i discovered that they are coming out with a resident evil 4 starring leon kennedy the plot is unknown and they did not give the release date or the release system (hopefully playstation 2)

2. for those of you who have played Galerians there is another coming out called Galerians: Ash that is due to be released in the winter of 2003

my question is one does anyone know anything else about resident evil 4 and did anyone play and finish the first Galerians???

:kupo: ........(starts making the table levitate )

:shock: be afraid be very afraid

Beretta55 Dec 17th, 2002 11:53 AM

resident evil 4 is gamecube only......and it's not coming out till 2004.

Frozen Dec 17th, 2002 11:55 AM

I don't know anything else about RE 4, you should check this thread

As for Galerians, I only played through the first CD and never finished it, I really could not get into that game's mechanics, wasn't too excited about it.

Oh, and this thread should be in either in the aciont/adventure or other consoles forum. :)

Vic Viper Dec 17th, 2002 11:56 AM

Re: resident evil 4/galerians:ash ??????

Quote:

Originally posted by fantasytiger

hey i was reading one of my many favorite mags and i discovered that they are coming out with a resident evil 4 starring leon kennedy the plot is unknown and they did not give the release date or the release system (hopefully playstation 2)

:kupo: ........(starts making the table levitate )

:shock: be afraid be very afraid
sorry to say that its only exclusive to Gamecube. :( not much are known about the game, but theirs a few screenshoots floating around.

Biohazard 4 screens: https://www.the-magicbox.com/game112802h.htm

https://www.the-magicbox.com/Nov/bioh41.jpg

btw, PS2 is getting RE:Online.

fantasytiger Dec 17th, 2002 11:57 AM

I really hate gamecube!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :frust: :frust:

...............oh well i knew you would probably know frost

:kupo: ...... (takes a hammer to the gamecube)

smash!!!!!

good mog lol

Beretta55 Dec 17th, 2002 11:58 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by fantasytiger

I really hate gamecube!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :frust: :frust:

...............oh well i knew you would probably know frost

:kupo: ...... (takes a hammer to the gamecube)

smash!!!!!

good mog lol
RE has been excluisve to gamecube for some time now.

ssjtrunks13 Dec 17th, 2002 12:11 PM

Why have they switched it to be a Gamecube explicit title?

Beretta55 Dec 17th, 2002 12:14 PM

the reason's are quite simple.
1 reason is ps2 cant handle the gamecube's grpahic's. 2. gamecube is alot easier to work with. and 3. shinji *who made the remake* hate's sony with a passion.

ssjtrunks13 Dec 17th, 2002 12:19 PM

You went into this before? Thanks for the info! and does this mean the person/people who made the RE games for the Playstation consoles aren't making anymore?

Vic Viper Dec 17th, 2002 12:21 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by ssjtrunks13

You went into this before? Thanks for the info! and does this mean the person/people who made the RE games for the Playstation consoles aren't making anymore?

As i said before, PS2 is getting RE: Online.

dan da man Dec 17th, 2002 12:23 PM

Quote:

1 reason is ps2 cant handle the gamecube's grpahic's.
i resent that mark ps2 i think has better graphics gamecubes are more smoother! realy it depends on the game!

Beretta55 Dec 17th, 2002 12:23 PM

Quote:

well i think RE is done with playstaion. they are on gamecube now but ps2 is gettin RE: online look for that. but after RE4 capcom sill owes capcom a RE game but they dont know what it will be.

ssjtrunks13 Dec 17th, 2002 12:23 PM

Great news! I have two questions, Do the RE games tie into one another? and WHich of the ones should I play first?

Beretta55 Dec 17th, 2002 12:25 PM

Quote:

Great news! I have two questions, Do the RE games tie into one another? and WHich of the ones should I play first?
kinda of. but have you played the RE's that were on psone year's ago?

ssjtrunks13 Dec 17th, 2002 12:28 PM

I haven't played any of them!

Beretta55 Dec 17th, 2002 12:47 PM

hmmmmmmmmmmm......i say go in order. play RE0 and the first one *both gamecube ones you probally cant find the first one for ps1 since it was released 6 year's ago* then go to 2,3 then code verconia.....but i say you do your own thing.

ssjtrunks13 Dec 17th, 2002 12:51 PM

Thanks for the help, I didn't want to play Code Veronica if it was going to spoil the games before it.

Frozen Dec 17th, 2002 01:01 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by Frostman445

kinda of. but have you played the RE's that were on psone year's ago?
I would not say "kinda" ABSOLUTELY. Some of them tie directly to others while some others are a little bit away, but still "in touch"

If we have in mind the first 4 RE's (which can be said are: Resident Evil, Resident Evil 2, Resident Evil 3: Nemesis, and Resident Evil: Code Veronica)

They follow through with "intermitent" characters. In Resident Evil "1" you play with either Jill Valentine or Chris Redfield, who are members of the S.T.A.R.S team, etc. Then in RE2, you play with either Leon Kennedy or Claire Redfield (Chris' sister) in Racoon city, and the story develops mainly in the city's police station. Then, in Resident Evil 3 you play with Jill Valentine, now trying to scape alive from Racoon city.

Then, in RE: Code Veronica you play again as Claire Redfield who is still looking for her brother, Chris, but now goes to Umbrella's HQ's to just f****** end it.

Now, there's the newest RE; Resident Evil 0, which I really have nver played, but as far as know is I believe it is chronologically located before the events of the first Resident Evil, but I think this one has a completely different cast of characters.

As you se, everything goes around the same matter: Racoon city, Umbrella, and the T-Virus (which turns ppl into zombies, mutates animals, etc. and was created in Umbrella's laboratories)

I don't know what else to tell you, all I didn't want to go deep in the storylines o the games or anything as not to spoil any. and for those who have already beaten RE Code Veronica, please shoosh, I'm just at the beginning ;)

Hope that helps a little, sstrunks. I really recommend you check those games out, they are absolutely awsome, specially if you like that kind of game. :D

Spank-A-Thon Dec 17th, 2002 01:20 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by Frozen

Now, there's the newest RE; Resident Evil 0, which I really have nver played, but as far as know is I believe it is chronologically located before the events of the first Resident Evil, but I think this one has a completely different cast of characters.
Res Evil 0 does have Rebecca Chambers (the Medic from Chris' scenario in Res 1) in it. I would imagine that some members from Bravo team are mentioned, if they don't put in an appearance.

- S

dan da man Dec 17th, 2002 01:46 PM

the characters in RE 0,
when u go around doing the adventure does your bravo team come with u?