PsFantasy.com Forums

PsFantasy.com Forums (https://forums.psfantasy.com/index.php)
-   General Chat (https://forums.psfantasy.com/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Most hated character in LOTR (https://forums.psfantasy.com/showthread.php?t=4326)

Hylas Nov 21st, 2002 08:42 PM

Most hated character in LOTR

Is there a character you absolutely can't stand in Lord of the Rings saga (books or movie[s], it's the same, unless you hate an actor and the consequence is that you hate his role too)? If you don't hate any particular character from LOTR, is there a character you like less than all the other ones?

Daedaelus Nov 21st, 2002 09:02 PM

Frodo's friend Sam. Ugh....

Ruby Moon Nov 21st, 2002 09:18 PM

Frodo: he's just so weak and childish... adding to it, he always let the others do the hard work. Iguana mentioned Sam, but at least Sam is somewhat brave, while Frodo is not, really...

Sword 4 Hire Nov 21st, 2002 09:20 PM

Frodo...I'm not a very big fan of Elija or however you spell it. And yes he seemed very weak...

merylsilverburg Nov 21st, 2002 09:25 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by Ruby Moon

Frodo: he's just so weak and childish... adding to it, he always let the others do the hard work. Iguana mentioned Sam, but at least Sam is somewhat brave, while Frodo is not, really...
Yes, I agree completely. I actually like Sam better. :laugh:

EDIT: Oh and I also don't like that friend of Frodo and Sam's...the one who always causes trouble....Pip or something? :confused:

Ruby Moon Nov 21st, 2002 09:26 PM

Wow! I'm so happy someone agreed :D I was sure to be flamed by a large number of Frodo/Elijah Wood fangirls!

merylsilverburg Nov 21st, 2002 09:28 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by Ruby Moon

Wow! I'm so happy someone agreed :D I was sure to be flamed by a large number of Frodo/Elijah Wood fangirls!
Ahh...well, I don't like Elijah Wood too much...he's just...a normal guy to me. :blink: *runs away* :laugh:

Rei Nov 21st, 2002 09:33 PM

Let's see... I don't like much Legolas, but I admit he makes a great couple with Gimli. Other than that, I'm not a huge Frodo fan either, but it's not that I can't stand him.

AudioBoxer Nov 21st, 2002 09:34 PM

I cant stand that little Basterd Frodo!

BlackThornn Nov 21st, 2002 10:01 PM

Frodo is too naieve, but that kind of changes by the end of the book. He seems too indecisive as well, though. Always trying to take an easier way even after he leaves the fellowship (also a very stupid decision)

I didn't really like Legolas in the book (besides him being a great partner for Gimli) but the actor from the movies really did a wonderful job with the character.

Si|ent Nov 21st, 2002 10:06 PM

I would have to say that frodo's friends are much more naieve and the way they act remember most people are infulenced by who their are around so maybe they are the cause of his stupidity.

AudioBoxer Nov 21st, 2002 10:17 PM

Legalos is one of my fav he is tight with the bow, I also like gimli, he is hella funny, but that little basterd Frodo can piss off.

Ruby Moon Nov 21st, 2002 10:46 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by Si|ent

I would have to say that frodo's friends are much more naieve and the way they act remember most people are infulenced by who their are around so maybe they are the cause of his stupidity.
If he's influenced by stupid people, this means he's even more stupid that them, I think. Btw, I like Merry and Pippin, if they're the ones you're talking about.

Hylas Nov 21st, 2002 11:15 PM

I wasn't expecting this result: Frodo being the most hated character among the members of this forum!

merylsilverburg Nov 22nd, 2002 01:02 AM

Ah yes, Pippin...that's the guy I can't stand besides Frodo. :frust:

kold Nov 22nd, 2002 01:04 AM

i cant stand frodo.

Beretta55 Nov 22nd, 2002 01:05 AM

i liked all the character's in someway. but the one i like least is Frodo not because he is stupid little elf people scare me:laugh:

Darkness 4 Hire Nov 22nd, 2002 12:30 PM

Gilmi is by far the worse character in all the books!!! Legolas is the best!

Frozen Nov 22nd, 2002 03:37 PM

For all of you that "hate" Frodo and say he's weak and crap, it seems you are forgetting the little fact that he IS THE RING BEARER and to be a ring bearer recquires most of strength of will and soul, he, being phisically weak, has probably the strongest heart and will in the whole story, among them all.

Peregrin Took (Pippin) got on my nerves several times, as well as on Gandalf's :laugh:

Although reading the book is giving me a diferent impression from him, and I must say that I actually hate no one, maybe those stupid Uruk-Ai (or whatever is it spelled)

Ah, i can hardly wait for The Two towers :happy:

BlackThornn Nov 22nd, 2002 06:17 PM

I don't "hate" any of the characters from the books or the movie.. I find Frodo to be grating and find that he makes some really stupid decisions. Infact that's something I thought when I first saw this thread. "Hate? Who hates LOTR characters..?"