PsFantasy.com Forums

PsFantasy.com Forums (https://forums.psfantasy.com/index.php)
-   Final Fantasy Forum (https://forums.psfantasy.com/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   My idea about how Tidus will return *SPOILER* (https://forums.psfantasy.com/showthread.php?t=4796)

Animaman Dec 18th, 2002 01:29 PM

My idea about how Tidus will return *SPOILER*

Ok, remember that Tidus faded away in the first place because the Fayth stopped dreaming?
Well, what if Yuna's love for him was enough to bring him back? She clearly hasn't forgotten about him, so surely she dreams about him? Plus the fact that Wakka, Rikku and maybe Lulu would all want him back.
I think that bit about "Just whistle and i'll come running" is gonna be significant as well! Yuna was whistling in FFX's ending, so maybe that had something to do with it as well?
I think reckon that if enough people yearn for him, and want him to return, he will do.

What do u reckon?

Plug 4 Dec 18th, 2002 11:14 PM

of course hes gonna come back.....the first time i heard FF-X2 i said to myself that tidus will be back..theres no doubt about it

ssjtrunks13 Dec 19th, 2002 10:13 AM

I sure hope he comes back. If he doesn't what would be the purpose of the game.

Beretta55 Dec 19th, 2002 12:12 PM

i think he is pretty much gone. unless the faith start dreaming again.....i dont see how he can come back but i will have to see.

ssjtrunks13 Dec 19th, 2002 12:21 PM

Anything can happen in a video game. Usually if someone on a video game or animated show dies and there is no apparent way that the person will be back tears or something outrageous like that will bring the lost one back.

Qjij_jijQ Dec 19th, 2002 12:24 PM

We did she Tidus at the end of Final Fantasy X 'arriving' into the water... but where ? how ? why ? it's all still a mystery... meh. :disturb:

... he's such a cry baby.

ssjtrunks13 Dec 19th, 2002 12:27 PM

I didn't see him! I'll go beat Yu Yevon when I get home and look harer. Maybe it was just those stupid pyre flies?

Animaman Dec 19th, 2002 01:15 PM

I think the extra bit after the credits were Tidus swims up through the water may have something to do with Yuna whistling in the ending.

Animaman Dec 19th, 2002 01:35 PM

Oh yeah, one other thing. I read in a PS2 mag that Rikku finds a sphere which shows Tidus improsoned in some sort of underwater cage, and that she shows it to Yuna.
And the reason the game exists is beacuse she goes to find him!

Here's the image to back that up;

https://gamespot.com/gamespot/filters...0.html?page=77

mark0™ Jan 26th, 2003 01:18 PM

When tidus jumped of the ship after he said goodbye, it seemed he went to the farplane, he saw Braska, Auron then his father, Jecht (that part when the high fived made me smile, im such a sap now). So he hasn't dissapeared, hes dead basically. And that part after the credits was definately a teaser, I'd say Tidus is coming back.

ssjtrunks13 Jan 26th, 2003 02:42 PM

If I remember correctly it has been proven that Tidus is going to be in it somewhere else on these forums.

Sword 4 Hire Jan 26th, 2003 03:52 PM

Pff...who cares about love and Tidus' return...if your gonna bring back someone bring back Auron I say...

ssjtrunks13 Jan 26th, 2003 04:21 PM

That would have been nice, but he was sent to thefarplane and I don't think he'd want to go back.(shouldn't you have a sig with Yojimbo insteadof Auron?, just asking because you have to actually pay for Yojimbo's services but not for Auron's)

mark0™ Jan 26th, 2003 06:20 PM

Well, if Tidus can come back, I dunno why Auiron couldnt, but Auron wanted to be sent (he told Yuna to continue when she paused during the sending) and after all Auron was only still around for one reason, to keep his promise to Jecht to look after Tidus.

ssjtrunks13 Jan 26th, 2003 06:58 PM

That's exactly what I was getting at!

Sword 4 Hire Jan 27th, 2003 12:04 AM

Whoa whoa whoa, you guys are digging way to deep into what I said, I was simply trying to state how much of a pussy Tidus is and how much greater of a character Auron is, I know it'd be very unlikely for him to come back, I was just showing my favoritism for Auron...

And regarding the sig question...when I use characters for my sigs I'm not actually using their characters, I'm showing their image, Auron is just a badass figure and far better then some wanker of a summon yojimbo...y'know

Matrix Jan 27th, 2003 05:01 AM

tidus is back in this one for sure I have seen FF X internationals ending along with FF-X's 2 new trailer which clearly shows tidus, if u don't believe me check it out yourselfs

ssjtrunks13 Jan 27th, 2003 10:46 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by Sword 4 Hire

And regarding the sig question...when I use characters for my sigs I'm not actually using their characters, I'm showing their image, Auron is just a badass figure and far better then some wanker of a summon yojimbo...y'know
I juts threw that in on the side because it just seemed that Yojimbo would have been a better choice. Now that I think about what you have just his image does look better than Yojimbo's(it annoyed me you actually had to pay to use a summon.

kupoartist Jan 27th, 2003 05:34 PM

Its probably hard to find a mercenary type FF character though... I think the only main ever has been Shadow [FF6], and he's not exactly the easiest to come acrros decent sig content for...

anyways.. yes I'm pretty sure Tidus will be back. I won't need counscelling if he doesn't... hell if they all die at the end of this one I might have to force the tears (joking... nearly :laugh: )

mark0™ Jan 27th, 2003 05:38 PM

Aww? I really felt sorry for Tidus at the end of FFX, i mean, killing your own dad and sacrificing yourself, he was a cool dude.