PsFantasy.com Forums

PsFantasy.com Forums (https://forums.psfantasy.com/index.php)
-   Final Fantasy Forum (https://forums.psfantasy.com/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   Fave Summon (https://forums.psfantasy.com/showthread.php?t=4655)

Big Dude Dec 8th, 2002 02:54 PM

Fave Summon

Wow, another poll :laugh: A poll for your fave summons from a game, which seies of summons you liked best.

And what is your fave summon(s) from any FF game?

Mine would be Bahamut from FFX, he just looked sweet ^_^ and Fenrir from FFIX, I like his Mellenial Decay attack. And then Bahamut ZERO was kickin ass too, and my all time fave: Valefor from FFX, I just like him.

ssjtrunks13 Dec 8th, 2002 04:28 PM

My favorite set is FFIX because of how if you equipped the little girl(forgot her name) with certain accesories it would change what magic Fenrir and Carbuncle use. My fave summon is Shiva from any of them.

Sword 4 Hire Dec 8th, 2002 06:58 PM

Probably FFIX's because I like how the Eidolens tied into the main story, and because that Bahamut Alexander bout was kickass

IcyMourdor Dec 8th, 2002 10:53 PM

Gotta go with the FFVII summons. The animations were so good for that time and they are always fun to watch.

XxmandykissezxX Dec 10th, 2002 04:00 PM

FFX's series, no doubt. The graphics were so awesome... Shiva and bahumut were amazing, hehe it's almost scary to look at how far square has come!

kupoartist Dec 10th, 2002 04:45 PM

fave summon set... FFVIII. They weren't particuraly "super-fabby-shiny" like the recently have been getting, and to a certain extent they got rid of a little of the overdone wind ups (quadra-magic summon Bahamut ZERO and mime it a couple of times to see how FFVII summons can get boring fast :) ) . Best of all were the Tonberry and Cactuar summons, which just rocked! DOINK!

Spank-A-Thon Dec 10th, 2002 05:49 PM

For sheer usefulness I'd be tempted to go with Hades (FFVII) cos of the status changes he could inflict (i.e. Stop on Ruby Weapon! :cool:). But for total 'gobsmack-itude' without a doubt I go with Knights of the Round (VII). First time I saw that, especially given how time-consuming it is to obtain, I was literally sat there open-mouthed!

Edit: D'oh! Misread the title of the post! Anyway, as you can probably guess I go with FFVII.

- S

Plug 4 Dec 10th, 2002 07:50 PM

FFVII for sure

sk8er_kyle Dec 10th, 2002 08:04 PM

FFX has the best summons. The graphics are way better. Bahamut looks so cool in FFX.

Soul Angel Dec 14th, 2002 06:14 AM

Personally I like all of the summons in all of those games, since each summon had its difference from each game.

FFVII - You could choose any of your characters to summon them, it was the same in FFVIII but at least the summons didn't effect each other, for example if Squall has been using Shiva for the most part of the game and then uses Ifirit, Ifirit took forever to summon.

FFVIII - I liked how you could boost up the attack when summoning them, so to make the attack stronger.

FFIX - How equipping certain items on on the summoners it will change certain summons attacks from their usual ones.

FFX - I liked how the summons will stay out in battle instead of being one whole attack.

But if I had to pick one it will have to be FFVII's summons, their animations when you summoned them were pretty good, but others are very close behind.