PsFantasy.com Forums

PsFantasy.com Forums (https://forums.psfantasy.com/index.php)
-   General Chat (https://forums.psfantasy.com/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Just got back from Episode II - *NO SPOILERS* (https://forums.psfantasy.com/showthread.php?t=1583)

Spank-A-Thon May 15th, 2002 09:19 PM

Just got back from Episode II - *NO SPOILERS*

Firstly,
DO NOT POST SPOILERS IN THIS THREAD!

Right, just got back from the 12:05am showing of Episode II and I thought it was very good. Definitely better than Phantom Menace.

However, it does drag a tad in the middle, and sometimes it seems a little all over the place. What do I mean by all over place? Consider the classic trilogy, each film had three main segments - AOTC seems to have a lot more which makes things a little confusing.

There are also some badly acted parts to the film, but hey - that's expected from a Star Wars film!

On the positive side though, there were some great action sequences and effects. Plus the story, and characters, really develops in ATOC, and as a consequence makes Phantom Menace a better film.

Anyway, I'm knackered - got to get up for work in... aaaaargh!... 4 hours!

On a final note... Natalie Portman - what an absolute honey she is! ;)

So c'mon people, share you verdict - but please, no spoilers!

- S

BlackThornn May 16th, 2002 12:02 AM

All I can think of to say really is..... WoO!!

DragonSphere May 16th, 2002 12:27 AM

Glad to hear that it turned out pretty good. Though, I probably won't see it until a week from now or something.

Evil Parrot May 16th, 2002 03:57 AM

I have to admit, I was really impressed!

Mind you, 'ol george could have made any old film and it would have been better than episode I !

It was an absolute fantastic movie, sure there was kinks in the armour but overall it had some soon to be classic moments and in my opinion its a worthy addition to the series.

Go see it. NOW.

Rei May 16th, 2002 11:55 AM

Nothing can beat the first Trilogy IMO, so it's not surprise that Episode II it's not as good as the first three movies. It's the same thing I thought when coming back from Episode I. But yeah, it's Star Wars, it's a trademark, and we love this trademark :love: And thinking about it, it's still better than many other movies around after all.

007_JamesBond May 16th, 2002 11:56 AM

I heard that it was awsome, and I am going to nite to see it

Sword 4 Hire May 16th, 2002 07:15 PM

I'm gonna go sometime next week...

And yes I agree Spank...Natalie Portman...hubba hubba! :laugh:

Sleazy P Martini May 16th, 2002 07:47 PM

I just got back from AOTC. There were some slow parts like Spank said, but once the action kicks in look out. I really enjoyed it. What truly made me smile was......Yoda. (Those who saw it know what I mean).

jenova_jeb May 16th, 2002 08:07 PM

Yeah, Yoda was so cool :D.

Evil Parrot May 17th, 2002 04:10 AM

What really surprised me was the whole atmosphere in the cinema. I've never been to a movie where so many people were cheering and laughing together. Usually (in Glasgow especially) people are quite introvert, but it was a special night.

BTW, I got interviewed by my local TV news station and I was so nervous! My friends mum videotaped it and she says its housework for me or she'll show all my friends the embarrising evidence LOL !:laugh:

Faile May 17th, 2002 06:08 AM

episode 2 reminds me a lot of the original films in feeling . it was goodly . very much empire strikes back to my mind . then again i was fever ill when i saw it . so i might have been hallucinating or something . maybe i didn't see it at all .

eeeeeeek

no . i did . but i must see it again .

being at the cinema at midnight was really odd though .

jenova_jeb May 17th, 2002 07:40 AM

I really loved the midnight atmosphere. Everyone was in their Star Wars costumes, everybody was cheering and laughing and stuff. It was just a much better feeling than the other showings.

BTW, I've seen it twice now.

007_JamesBond May 17th, 2002 11:57 AM

that movie was awsome, and Yoda rules

PS2Guy2002 May 17th, 2002 10:11 PM

Man, I can't wait to see it....I'm going on wednesday.....and to get ready, I watched all the previous movies!!! CLASSICS!!

PS2Guy2002

Pu the Owl May 19th, 2002 07:14 AM

It was a good idea to watch again the first Trilogy. If you don't have a good memory like me, it's helpful to notice a lot of details connected with the new movie :D

MADRUCKIS May 19th, 2002 04:34 PM

I agree with Fortune.
My memory is great so I remembered more refrences to the first three than my freind who had bought and seen the dvd the night before. You'll really appreciate it a lot more if you know that stuff. Yup, Yoda is the man..er...........jedi thingy! He rules.
2 years to go for Episode III. Can't wait to see the Dark Side take full control over Anakin. He'll be unstoppable! heh heh