PsFantasy.com Forums

PsFantasy.com Forums (https://forums.psfantasy.com/index.php)
-   Comics And Anime Forum (https://forums.psfantasy.com/forumdisplay.php?f=19)
-   -   Ninja Scroll TV (https://forums.psfantasy.com/showthread.php?t=5919)

Reid Apr 21st, 2003 01:25 AM

Ninja Scroll TV

For fans of the popular movie, Ninja Scroll the Jubei Ninpucho (Ninja Scroll TV) series has just started to air in Japan.

I've seen the first episode of it however, and it's actually not very good at all (so far at least).

:disturb:

It might come together as the plot develops but so far it seems to be going in the direction of very typical and has lackluster animation and nearing bad music as well.

:P

DSgamer Apr 21st, 2003 07:01 PM

I've heard a lot about ninja scroll, is the movie good??? should i go out and buy this????

Frozen Apr 22nd, 2003 04:46 PM

The movie is absolutely awsome, specially if you like martial arts and stuff like that, although I've never heard about a TV series until now. Reid, do you have links or something to show us this info?

Azuma_Ninja Apr 23rd, 2003 11:01 AM

I'm a big fan of Ninja Scroll. It's one of the first anime movies I bought. I didn't even know about the television series.

merylsilverburg Apr 23rd, 2003 08:02 PM

Waitaminute...I think I've heard of the TV series...

Reid, the main character is Jubei and he's wearing a beige/tan outfit and has a patch over his eye, right? I believe I've read about the TV series in Animage magazine.

Reid Apr 24th, 2003 08:25 PM

The main character is Jubei Kimigami from the Ninja Scroll movie actually, but that could be the same one you're talking about if he didn't have an eyepatch. The one with the eyepatch would probably be the real-life samurai Yagyu Jubei who's been spoofed a whole bunch of times I think.

I had never heard anything about this until I saw it linked on the AnimeJunkies repost website and downloaded it out of curiousity so I don't have any websites to show (although I'm sure they're out there).

I'm not sure if I'd be allowed to throw the link up here or not but if it's alright I will (there's a lot of other new, good stuff on it for download as well).

merylsilverburg Apr 26th, 2003 06:14 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by Reid

The main character is Jubei Kimigami from the Ninja Scroll movie actually, but that could be the same one you're talking about if he didn't have an eyepatch. The one with the eyepatch would probably be the real-life samurai Yagyu Jubei who's been spoofed a whole bunch of times I think.
Hmm...I must be thinking about the wrong guy. Ah, I'll have to look through my magazines....:right:

Quote:

I had never heard anything about this until I saw it linked on the AnimeJunkies repost website and downloaded it out of curiousity so I don't have any websites to show (although I'm sure they're out there).

I'm not sure if I'd be allowed to throw the link up here or not but if it's alright I will (there's a lot of other new, good stuff on it for download as well).
No, I'm sorry Reid, you can't put up links for downloading anime. If you have any other websites which provides information on the series, then it's fine. :)

Frozen May 7th, 2003 04:18 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by merylsilverburg

Hmm...I must be thinking about the wrong guy. Ah, I'll have to look through my magazines....:right:

You're probably talking about Ninja Resurrection, which looks like utter crap ( I haven't seen it, though)

Quote:

No, I'm sorry Reid, you can't put up links for downloading anime. If you have any other websites which provides information on the series, then it's fine. :)
AS far as it goes with the links, I was just asking for some support material since I never thought there would be a TV series for this AWSOME movie.

Jubei May 8th, 2003 05:37 PM

Ninja Scroll is awesome, my favorite since I first seen it a few years ago, as for Ninja ressurection....pfft that was an insult to the first movie. Sequel? nah more like the cousion the family never talks about, it is utter, utter shite, stay away from it.

Tho this NS seris sounds good, might have a look on Kazaa for it

stuartb Jun 5th, 2003 06:09 PM

ninja scroll is awsome.no denying.resurrection was upsetting to say the least.would definatley like 2 c the series tho

merylsilverburg Jun 7th, 2003 05:07 AM

I finally got my hands on Jubei Ninpucho (Ninja Scroll TV) but I haven't seen it yet. :P I previewed it a little and it looks okay- character designs aren't terrific but not bad. The music seems a bit too..."edgy" for the series. I think it might be better if they put more traditional Japanese instrumentals, but just intensify it. So far, I only hear fast paced guitar/rock music. But, since I haven't exactly seen it, I can't give a real review yet and so I might change my mind later.

BTW, the character Jubei is the guy I saw in my Animage magazine. I just thought he had an eyepatch, but I made that mistake. :right:

omni vengeance Jun 9th, 2003 06:42 PM

i doubt we'll ever get ninja scroll...too gory and messed up

Zephyr Jun 13th, 2003 01:02 PM

I seen parts of Ninja scroll and it was alright.. but just alright. I mean the animation is good but it just dont appeal to me at all.

So I never even thought about picking up Ressurection - by the sounds of what you guys say that was a very good choice.

omni vengeance Jun 13th, 2003 01:47 PM

I heard about Ninja Scroll, but the only part my friend told me about was
Spoiler: show
the part when that guy rapes that woman and the other guy comes up and asks for directions.

I've got the right anime, don't I?

Azuma_Ninja Jun 14th, 2003 01:58 AM

Quote:

originally posted by omni vengence

I've got the right anime, don't I?
Yeah that's Ninja scroll

Quote:

originally posted by Zephyr

I seen parts of Ninja scroll and it was alright.. but just alright. I mean the animation is good but it just dont appeal to me at all.
If you've only seen parts of Ninja Scroll and didn't like it why would you want to pick up Ressurection?

omni vengeance Jun 18th, 2003 09:56 PM

That same friend told me Ninja Scroll was good...I gotta see it.

merylsilverburg Jun 20th, 2003 05:53 AM

Good news! Jubei Ninpucho or "Ninja Scroll TV" is licensed and will be released in America! Here is the information: (Taken from Ninja Scroll)

Urban Vision has officially announced that the first DVD volume of the new Ninja Scroll will go on sale in America on September
2nd. The DVD will run 90 minutes and retail at $24.95.

Of course, there's more to be released since it's a TV series. And while September is pretty far away, at least it's coming to the US. :)