PsFantasy.com Forums

PsFantasy.com Forums (https://forums.psfantasy.com/index.php)
-   General Chat (https://forums.psfantasy.com/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Its a ways off, but World Cup favorites? (https://forums.psfantasy.com/showthread.php?t=7680)

RobHardo Jun 26th, 2004 09:21 PM

Its a ways off, but World Cup favorites?

Its a bit early to tell but who is your favorite to win the World Cup?
Im going for Puerto Rico!
https://us.i1.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/i/...ag/lg2/pur.gif
https://us.news1.yimg.com/us.yimg.com...1337904575.jpg

Piggle_humsy Jun 27th, 2004 06:00 AM

Well Y'know I would say England but :cry: that damn ref robbed us of that chance!
:cry: :shame:

RobHardo Jun 27th, 2004 07:47 AM

That was my original favorite as awell piggle, DARN THAT REF! piggle we need to go to the refs house and teach him a lesson.

tempted Jun 27th, 2004 11:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Solid: Snake
Its a bit early to tell but who is your favorite to win the World Cup?
Im going for Puerto Rico!

Humm i think i'm a bit confused..are you talking about the soccer World Cup like the one that's still 2 years away?Because if it is ,it's kinda early to say i mean you don't even know the countries that will be present..

kupoartist Jun 27th, 2004 02:59 PM

"a ways off"? Hell knows what i'll be doing in two years time!

My money is on Japan. Just for the hell of it. They seemed to do pretty well in the last WC (mind you, they were joint-hosts...), and I'd just love to see an upset like that. My money is on Japan winning Euro 2004 as well. A far safer bet than England will ever be.

Rei Jun 27th, 2004 06:46 PM

Germany is my fave, as usual, it's my country, I cannot choose any other team. Oh yes, it'll be there for sure since the championship will be hosted in Germany ;)

Redpyramidhead Jun 27th, 2004 10:18 PM

Usa!!!

The time has come for the U.S. to win it. The world will bow in respect for the United States national soccer team. Last time, Germany just barely beat us in the quarter finals. We were robbed due to a bad ref call, not too mention those aaaaallllllllllllmmoooooost goals that were only stopped because that kahn guy is superhuman or something. Much respect to Germany, but all around I think we played a better game. My money is on the U.S. this coming time around. USA!!! USA!!! USA!!!

BTW, I will not tolerate any haters!

_RED_ stuff

Berserker Jun 28th, 2004 03:04 AM

Like Eli said it's far too early to say anything sensible at all, about a tournament that's more than two years away. You don't know about the players that'll be selected, injured etc. which coach, who will qualify etc. etc.
You can say almost nothing, except that puerto rico and the us won't win it... ;)

Faile Jun 28th, 2004 07:00 AM

Its got to be England. By the time the team we have at the moment has matured two years and played together it'll be a pretty good bet. And then there is Wayne Rooney.

So yeah, england.

RobHardo Jun 28th, 2004 10:00 AM

It seems a few people aren't getting the point of this thread. It's simply a place to post your team you would like to see win the world cup. It doesn't have to be explained. jeese laweese cheddar cheese!

Edit:
Puerto Rico is a part of the United States, just not a state.....yet so it's kinda like going for both the U.S. and PR! woohoo!
I would also like to see Spain do good!
https://us.news1.yimg.com/us.yimg.com...t/67969027.jpg

Daniel Legge Jun 28th, 2004 02:04 PM

Obviosuly England will win unless we get another swiss ref (you know the last one got his own personal website) Rooney will do it on his own if he has to. Come on England!!!!

Piggle_humsy Jun 28th, 2004 02:08 PM

Ok, I just looked back at this thread and realised that you're talking about the World Cup, I didn't read it properly! :blush:

So anyways.... umm.... ENGLAND!! WOOHOO!!

Piggle :roll:
x x x x

kupoartist Jun 28th, 2004 04:14 PM

Pff... English fans will use any excuse to cover up for the fact that their team just can't hack it. It was the ref! It was the Penalty Spot! David Beckham was distracted by the sudden and eventual realisation that he'd not only married, but had children with Victoria! If the next World Cup allows the fans to whine for points / goals, England may actually stand a chance!

:P

Berserker Jun 29th, 2004 01:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kupoartist
Pff... English fans will use any excuse to cover up for the fact that their team just can't hack it. It was the ref! It was the Penalty Spot! David Beckham was distracted by the sudden and eventual realisation that he'd not only married, but had children with Victoria! If the next World Cup allows the fans to whine for points / goals, England may actually stand a chance!

:P

Agreed, nothing worse than a bad loser...like they say it's all in the game.

dan da man Jun 29th, 2004 12:35 PM

England of course but the age of the team will be getting old.

Either Brazil, checzzzz rebulic.