PsFantasy.com Forums

PsFantasy.com Forums (https://forums.psfantasy.com/index.php)
-   Metal Gear Solid Forum (https://forums.psfantasy.com/forumdisplay.php?f=9)
-   -   Question (https://forums.psfantasy.com/showthread.php?t=8260)

Phenom Jan 5th, 2005 07:10 PM

Question

This is my 1st time playing a Metal Gear Solid game. I decided to start off with the 3rd release, and I'm not the stealthy type. After playing all these games where you just rush into everything, I just can't seem to get use to the feel of this game.

Thus far the game is actually c00, but as I said before I can't seem to get the hang of the controls. So my question is would it be a good idea for me to get the very 1st MGS then work my way up?

Vic Viper Jan 6th, 2005 12:21 PM

well the first 2 games is pretty much the same as the 3rd. so i doubt you'll like those games very much.

Phenom Jan 12th, 2005 03:58 PM

I do like the game, it's just the matter of getting use to the controls (which I kind of got the hang of now). Now I have another question though. I was at this shopping site, and I happened to run across another MGS game called the Document of MGS. Is this 1 any different from the other MGS2?

Vic Viper Jan 13th, 2005 03:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ryu
I do like the game, it's just the matter of getting use to the controls (which I kind of got the hang of now). Now I have another question though. I was at this shopping site, and I happened to run across another MGS game called the Document of MGS. Is this 1 any different from the other MGS2?

oh the document is an interactive DVD, it has the "making-of" documentary Metal Gear Solid 2 Sons of Liberty, and a whole bunch of other stuff about MGS2.

LeCrap Jan 22nd, 2005 12:32 PM

Well, I found the third was easiest for learning. I'm not stealthy in that game. I just run around like a retarded chicken shooting everything. I'm almost done beating it though. Snake Eater is the best for learning. But for story, I say the first has the best.

Phenom Jan 28th, 2005 10:44 AM

Errr.... I am having a problem grabbing people. Everytime I grab them I end up throwing them instead. I am currently playing Sons of Liberty, and I'm on the part where I have to grab a soldier and put his face to something so it can scan his eyes. Like I said the problem is grabbing them. (It seem so basic, and I feel stupid for asking it) And what happens if I kill all the soldiers in that area? Would I have to start over?

Phenom Jan 28th, 2005 12:40 PM

Sorry for the double post. (My edit function is no where insight)

Anyway. I found out how to grab, now I just need to know the difference between Sons of Liberty and Substance. (I've heard it's the same game)

Vic Viper Jan 28th, 2005 03:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ryu
Sorry for the double post. (My edit function is no where insight)

Anyway. I found out how to grab, now I just need to know the difference between Sons of Liberty and Substance. (I've heard it's the same game)

yes its the same game. but substance has lots more of extras, like 300 + VR missions, Casting Theatre, Boss Survival Mode, Snake Tales.. etc. just think of it as a enhanced version of Sons of Liberty.

Urahara Kisuke Jan 28th, 2005 03:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vic Viper
yes its the same game. but substance has lots more of extras, like 300 + VR missions, Casting Theatre, Boss Survival Mode, Snake Tales.. etc. just think of it as a enhanced version of Sons of Liberty.

Do you know if Substance was ever released in America? If so, where would you recommend to get it?

Vic Viper Jan 29th, 2005 09:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Puni Puni Poemy
Do you know if Substance was ever released in America? If so, where would you recommend to get it?

Yes they released it here, for the xbox, ps2 and PC.

eb games or gamestop might still have some pre owned copies. or you can buy it from ebay.

Urahara Kisuke Jan 29th, 2005 10:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vic Viper
Yes they released it here, for the xbox, ps2 and PC.

eb games or gamestop might still have some pre owned copies. or you can buy it from ebay.

Thanks