PsFantasy.com Forums

PsFantasy.com Forums (https://forums.psfantasy.com/index.php)
-   General Chat (https://forums.psfantasy.com/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Wisdom Teeth (https://forums.psfantasy.com/showthread.php?t=7076)

Beretta55 Dec 23rd, 2003 05:23 AM

Wisdom Teeth

Yep its a topic about the most annoying thing....wisdom teeth. Who here currently has them or has had them pulled? (or getting them pulled for that matter)
i have two on the left side of my jaw i know of (at the top i feel a big bump at my gums) and at the bottem it just hurts it could either be from my wisdom teeth (i dont feel much of a bump) or brushing my teeth the normal number each day has backfired on me:laugh:
Makes brushing my teeth seem like torture:disturb:
I heard the operation on wisdom teeth arent too fun either. My friend had his 4 removed awhile ago and was left with pain (after the numbing medicine wore off though)
the dentist has always scared me,having something plucked out of my jaw is even worse:P

Berserker Dec 23rd, 2003 06:09 AM

Ooow man, have I got a story for you. I've had two removed in the hospital because they were laying horizontal in my mouth instead of vertical. So the roots were growing inside my jawbone. They had to cut it open drill it to pieces and break it off. When the teeth snap it's like they break your neck or something in your face, it's the most horrible sound you can imagine. It took two operations of 45 minutes too remove them and it hurts for about two weeks.
They only positive thing that I got from the operation is that I quit smoking after that and I've been smoke free for about two years now:) :)

Oh yeah and the kind doctor started cutting in my mouth with a scalpel while the aneastetics weren't kicked in. And the fool asked me : Why are you so tense? Try to relax! And I was like .....:frust: :frust:

Chara Dec 23rd, 2003 06:35 AM

I never was really scared of the dentist. But then again my mom being my dentist also must play osme factor in that...

I have wisdom teeth but since they never actually grew enough to be a full tooth there is no need to take them out. Other than that my teeth are near perfect. Brush twice and floss once a day. :)

Nelo Angelo Dec 23rd, 2003 09:32 AM

I'm getting them taken out today.

OH NOES!!!!!!111111

Gadzoox Dec 23rd, 2003 01:25 PM

Lol Nelo!! :laugh:

My appointment is set for May 4th. I have to get all four out at once. I'm actually kinda excited about it because I can't wait to be under the influence of the stuff they put you under with!!! Hahah I'm so pathetic, but it's true! I wanna like make myself draw and then see what I do, hehee. :)

Nelo Angelo Dec 23rd, 2003 02:02 PM

Well, I feel better,but some of my teeth still feel sore(Slightly).

Rest = faster healing. :O

And my chin feels funny. O_o

And yes, all four of my wisdom teeth were taken out.

Hylas Dec 23rd, 2003 03:02 PM

Poor Nelo! Poor Beretta too!

I remember I suffered only a bit for wisdom teeth. They hurt, but not that much... Not as much as I was expecting! I didn't have to go to the dentist either (I still have all four of them! yay!), the pain went away after a week or so and it wasn't very upsetting. I must be lucky!

Beretta55 Dec 23rd, 2003 05:28 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by Hylas

Poor Nelo! Poor Beretta too!

I remember I suffered only a bit for wisdom teeth. They hurt, but not that much... Not as much as I was expecting! I didn't have to go to the dentist either (I still have all four of them! yay!), the pain went away after a week or so and it wasn't very upsetting. I must be lucky!

That's really unfair you still have your wisdoom teeth but no pain.....lucky XD

but as i have noticed the pain at the bottem of my jaw stopped hurting a couple of hours ago. I guess that pain relief for teeth i put on my jaw last night worked. But i bet within 3 hours or so it will come back up again:P

Chara Dec 23rd, 2003 08:26 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by Gadzoox

Lol Nelo!! :laugh:

My appointment is set for May 4th. I have to get all four out at once. I'm actually kinda excited about it because I can't wait to be under the influence of the stuff they put you under with!!! Hahah I'm so pathetic, but it's true! I wanna like make myself draw and then see what I do, hehee. :)
You dont wanna get yourself hooked. When I was little I used to go straight into the back room of my mother's office and got high off that stuff nearly every day. I always went into the waiting room and messed with the patients. My mom ended up having to hide it. O_O

Gadzoox Dec 23rd, 2003 09:41 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by Chara

You dont wanna get yourself hooked. When I was little I used to go straight into the back room of my mother's office and got high off that stuff nearly every day. I always went into the waiting room and messed with the patients. My mom ended up having to hide it. O_O
Oh man!! That's crazy! Funny and sad all at the same time!!!

Something else that's funny, the doctor who im scheduled for is named Dr. Harry Amus, but it sounds like Dr. Harry Anus when you say it and dont enunciate!!! Hahahahhaa!! I died laughing when I found out his first name!!! :laugh:

Vicious_2003 Dec 24th, 2003 12:00 AM

I have two coming in on my bottom jaw. And I will avoid the dentist at all costs !. I dont really mind the whole dentist chair cleaning thing.....but I had a tooth pulled once and it was the most awckward thing ive ever been through. Having a guy tugging at something in the back of my mouth with all his might is not exactly my idea of a good time.

Theyre both almost half out and dont hurt..so hopefully there is room for them in my mouth and I wont have to have them pulled...fingers crossed

Pu the Owl Dec 24th, 2003 08:23 AM

I also have all four wisdom teeth. Two of them are very tiny though. They gave me some headaches years ago, and a little fever, but it passed after few days. For each of them I got the same symptoms: headaches, fever, but no more than this. I took few aspirins and all went well. That's why I didn't have to take them out.

I've heard from other people they hurt a lot. I'm sorry for Beretta who says he's suffering because of them, and Nelo, on the other hand you seem to feel better now that they're not in your mouth anymore. You'll recover very soon, don't worry! :D

Piggle_humsy Dec 27th, 2003 07:31 PM

Man I am in sooo much pain right now, I thought my wisdom teeth were coming thru about four days ago but I realised I have got a big ulcer at the back of my mouth rubbing against my back teeth, and then last night one of the bottom right teeth started hurting and throbbing.. and now my two bottom teeth at the front feel like theres something stuck inbetween them and are being shoved apart but Ive brushed, flossed and toothpicked them and nothing.... they still bloody hurt! Ive taken pain killers but it doesnt seem to help!
So I'm gonna have to go to the dentist as soon as I can, im not afraid of the dentist, I'm afraid of how much money its gonna cost :(
My dad and sis said they'll club together to pay for it but I just hope its not too much.

pain pain pain pain pain pain pain pain pain pain pain pain pain pain pain pain pain pain pain pain pain pain pain pain pain pain pain pain pain pain pain pain pain pain pain pain pain pain pain pain pain pain :weep:

Piggle :roll:
x x x x

Redpyramidhead Dec 28th, 2003 04:01 PM

Ummm...I don't get it. Are wisdom teeth.........in season?:laugh: Everybody at once!:roll:

_RED_ stuff