PsFantasy.com Forums

PsFantasy.com Forums (https://forums.psfantasy.com/index.php)
-   General Chat (https://forums.psfantasy.com/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   favorite gameing system (https://forums.psfantasy.com/showthread.php?t=467)

talon101 Feb 17th, 2002 08:02 PM

favorite gameing system

Your favorite gaming console

jenova_jeb Feb 17th, 2002 08:12 PM

Playstation 2. It's got sweet PS2 games, and then it has backwards compatibility so you can play sweet stuff like MGS, Final Fantasy series, Syphon Filter and etc. Not to mention that fact that there are ports from SNES games on PSX that you can play on PS2 (Final Fantasy Anthology/Chronicles :D ). It has everyone you could ever want!

merylsilverburg Feb 17th, 2002 08:14 PM

Dude, that's a tough one. I'm not gonna vote because I like two systems equally: PS2 and Dreamcast. Yeah, go ahead and scoff about the Dreamcast, I don't care. It's got kick-ass games like Soul Calibur, Shenmue, Skies of Arcadia (an AWESOME RPG) and Jet Set Radio (Graffiti in Japan!!!).

jenova_jeb Feb 17th, 2002 08:22 PM

I agree, Dreamcast is a great console, but since it's not getting many new games, all you have are the old ones. Although they are AMAZING games, they DO get boring after a little while :rolleyes: .

merylsilverburg Feb 17th, 2002 08:28 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by jenova_jeb
I agree, Dreamcast is a great console, but since it's not getting many new games, all you have are the old ones. Although they are AMAZING games, they DO get boring after a little while :rolleyes: .
Oh, I know I have the old games, but still, they are the classic games of the Dreamcast. The only reason why Dreamcast isn't getting new games is because Sega decided to become a third party supporter, so that's why. Yes, I agree with you that they do get boring after a while, but Skies of Arcadia is a hell of a long game though. I'm still playing it because I'm frantically trying to collect all those damn Discoveries, which are NOT easy to find. But, still, I love Soul Calibur. Soul Blade was the best on the PS and SC was a great sequel with better graphics and characters. I love that game.

jenova_jeb Feb 17th, 2002 08:30 PM

Soul Calibur was the best fighting game I've ever played! I wish so bad I had a DC awhile ago and had bought the game, but due to money shortages, I didn't :rolleyes: . Oh well, I've got a PS2, and SC2 will be on that, so I'm good :) .

merylsilverburg Feb 17th, 2002 08:56 PM

Yes, that is a good thing, 'cause I heard that Soul Calibur is going to be on the PS2 also. Skies of Arcadia is going to be on the PS2, so if you're an RPG fan, you MUST play this game. It is fun, the characters are terrific, and the story is good too. Hopefully, in the PS2 version, they'll shorten down the random battles a bit. My God, I'm playing it on the Dreamcast and every 5 seconds there's a battle. Drove me insane especially when you're searching for Discoveries. :mad:

BowevelJoe Feb 17th, 2002 09:22 PM

haha yeah i got a dreamcast too, im starting to get into the DC business too, i have like 33 DC games now lol...

merylsilverburg Feb 17th, 2002 09:29 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by BowevelJoe
haha yeah i got a dreamcast too, im starting to get into the DC business too, i have like 33 DC games now lol...
Really? Which ones do you have? Let's see....I've got: Soul Calibur, House of the Dead 2, Skies of Arcadia, Jet Set Radio, Speed Devils, Shenmue, Space Channel 5, Dead or Alive 2, Sonic Adventure, Sonic Adventure 2, Crazy Taxi, Crazy Taxi 2, Dynamite Cop, Virtua Tennis, Tennis 2K2, and Tokyo Xtreme Racer. That's only 16 that I have. Dynamite Cop sucks. It was fun at first....but now, I use it as a coaster. :D

Mercury Shadow Feb 17th, 2002 09:43 PM

A lot of my friends say "oh, well XBOX has better graphics" or "Gamecube loads faster"... well, it doesn't mean sh.it if your system doesn't have good games! :D

LiquidSm0ke Feb 17th, 2002 09:50 PM

GameCube, all because of those cute little Pikmin and Super Smash Bros. Melee :)

Mercury Shadow Feb 17th, 2002 09:59 PM

a lot of people say pikmin is so great... but it looks sooooo boring!

jenova_jeb Feb 17th, 2002 10:04 PM

Super Smash Bros. was the bomb diggidy. I loved that game! :D

LiquidSm0ke Feb 18th, 2002 11:23 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by Mercury_Shadow
a lot of people say pikmin is so great... but it looks sooooo boring!
It's not. :mad:

Vamp Feb 18th, 2002 11:40 AM

Playstation2 all the way

Xbox sucks. looks horrible. and its main menu is UGLY as hell with no good games at all. except Halo

GameCube looks crap too. stupid console with **** games on it

nanjij Feb 18th, 2002 01:43 PM

ive yet to see to see the gamecube and xbox in action well apart from pictures but that dont really count so i put the snes i thought u can put 2 options, normaly u can

Soul Angel Feb 18th, 2002 01:48 PM

I think the PS2 is the best console around right now :)
But the PSX was a great console to (still is IMO) in its time at least :)

007_JamesBond Feb 18th, 2002 02:21 PM

for me the best one that I have seen would have to be the Ps2

IcyMourdor Feb 18th, 2002 02:46 PM

[COLOR=sky blue]I have to say PS2.

Squaresoft rereleased my favorite game for the Playstation and I can play it on my PS2. Plus they have great games like MGS2, Eternal Ring, FFX, and others.[/COLOR]

DragonSphere Feb 18th, 2002 05:56 PM

I agree with everyone else, the PS2 is the sh*t! And it has more good quality games than most systems.