PsFantasy.com Forums

PsFantasy.com Forums (https://forums.psfantasy.com/index.php)
-   Metal Gear Solid Forum (https://forums.psfantasy.com/forumdisplay.php?f=9)
-   -   MGS2 Extra Modes in Japanese Version! (https://forums.psfantasy.com/showthread.php?t=154)

merylsilverburg Jan 27th, 2002 11:24 PM

MGS2 Extra Modes in Japanese Version!

I got my February issue of Electronic Gaming Monthly and there was this section on MGS2 strategy in the back. Along with the strategy, there was this section that talked about the cool EXTRA MODES in the Japanese version of the game, that we never got! This is what they got:
CASTING THEATER: Watch any of a handful of cinemas over again, only this time you can swap in and out different characters. Have Ocelot resuce Snake from Vamp and Raiden face Olga on the tanker. You can even use the old MGS1 models of Snake and Ocelot as actors. Cool!
BOSS SURVIVAL: Thought MGS2's bosses were pretty easy? Actually, so did we. But try this new mode: You fight all the bosses in a row, without all those rations to fall back on. See if you can beat your best time.

Doesn't that sound AWESOME?!! Using the MGS1 models in MGS2 would be great to see! I've got the Japanese version of MGS2 but I haven't tried to play it yet. I wonder if you'll have to beat the game once in order to open up the modes? :confused:

Uchiha Sasuke Jan 27th, 2002 11:25 PM

Not fair i want thos modes.I am so mad:mad:

MakgSnake Jan 27th, 2002 11:46 PM

Same Here!

Soon I Am Getting A PS2, And I Know I Will Buy That Jap Version Too!.! But Meryl.....Did U Buy The Jap Version From Ebay?.? Cause U Usually Have All These Stuff That Never End Up In States!.!

And Yeah I Am Also MAD!.!
:mad:

But Thanks Alot For Letting Us Know!

BowevelJoe Jan 28th, 2002 08:14 AM

haha makg your going to have 4 copies of MGS2 from diff countries hahahaha

Ill see if i can pop a copy imported, but ill need a MOD CUBE to play it, but they only cost $20 and you dont have to wire it in, just pop it into the back :)

GaseousSnake Jan 28th, 2002 09:50 AM

Cool new features:cool:

Spirit Jan 28th, 2002 09:52 AM

hmmm intersting features but I doubt I'll ever play mgs2 any time soon, I beat it over 10 times, then got bored at fighting 25 metal gears near the end of extreme, and stopped playing, but I did get all the dogtags :D

Neo_Soldier28 Jan 28th, 2002 09:54 AM

That sucks that we don't get them but thats what you get when your the first to get stuff. But we did get to expierence it first and i loved every minute of it!!!!!

merylsilverburg Jan 29th, 2002 07:18 PM

Actually, MakgSnake, the Japanese version that I got was the one that came with the MGS2 Premium Package. So, I didn't have to get another from Ebay. Unfortunately, I haven't been able to try it out just yet to see those new modes.

MakgSnake Jan 29th, 2002 08:24 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by merylsilverburg
Unfortunately, I haven't been able to try it out just yet to see those new modes.
What Are U Waiting For Then??? :eek: I Mean Try It Yo!.! Just TRY It!.!

I'll Try Getting The JAP Version From This Mall I Know, They ALSO HAVE THE METAL GEAR SOLID 2 2002 Calendar And I Am Buying It Soon. Only For $35. OOOH YEAH!!!!!!!

And Yes I Dont Care If I Have 4 Different MGS2, I Have 4 MGS1, So It Wont Make A Difference!
:D

merylsilverburg Jan 29th, 2002 09:12 PM

That's cool about the MGS2 calender! By the way, what are the 4 different MGS1 games you got? Are they from USA, Japan, and Europe?

MakgSnake Jan 29th, 2002 09:30 PM

Sure!

Quote:

By the way, what are the 4 different MGS1 games you got? Are they from USA, Japan, and Europe?
Well, First I Bought The US NTSC Version, Then I Got The Japan NTSC Version, Then I Bought The PAL Version (Came With The Limited Edition Box Made In UK) And Then I Bought The US NTSC Version Again!.! Just For Safety.!. And Then I Bought The PC Version Of MGS. So....I Have 5 MGS1! :D

merylsilverburg Jan 29th, 2002 09:48 PM

WHOA!

WOW! That's amazing! :eek: You really ARE a MGS/MGS2 Fan!! That's really cool! I really want that Limited Edition Box from the UK! :( Oh well! :D

MakgSnake Jan 29th, 2002 10:10 PM

Re: WHOA!

Quote:

I really want that Limited Edition Box from the UK! :( Oh well! :D
Man Uve Got The MGS2 Limited Edition Box, Thats The Best Thing EVER!.!.!.!.!.!....Inshallah I'll Get My Hands On It Too!.! I Have A Feeling I Will....Lets Hope I Get The Money From Somewhere (My Dad's Room Hahaha) :D

merylsilverburg Jan 30th, 2002 07:36 PM

Man!

I actually found the time to try out the Japanese version of MGS2 to see those modes......but......it wasn't there!!! I guess you'll have to play through the game once in order to get them? Playing through, I actually like the American voices for the characters instead of the Japanese. I dunno....I guess I'm just used to David Hayter's voice! It fits so well! :D By the way, good luck on finding the Limited Box Set, MakgSnake! I hope everyone can try to get their hands on it! It's something that no MGS/MGS2 fan should be without! :)

Uchiha Sasuke Jan 30th, 2002 10:44 PM

Im a hardcore fan of the series but im not going to go all out like some of you and buy all the versions just to say that i have them.I agree that the special editions might be nice but still there not going to reveal anymore of the story,it will just be som extra modes thrown in and i think its not worth going through all that trouble getting the mod chip and the special edition.Waste of good money thats what i say.

MakgSnake Jan 30th, 2002 11:54 PM

Agh!

Quote:

Originally posted by SSSnake
Im a hardcore fan of the series but im not going to go all out like some of you and buy all the versions just to say that i have them.I agree that the special editions might be nice but still there not going to reveal anymore of the story,it will just be som extra modes thrown in and i think its not worth going through all that trouble getting the mod chip and the special edition.Waste of good money thats what i say.
Traitor!!! And U Call Ureself That Ure A Die Hard Metal Gear Fan, .................... Ure Not!.! Meryl And I Are! And Proud Of It!.! :D :D

Uchiha Sasuke Jan 31st, 2002 08:38 AM

Well all im saying is that if some of the versions are the same why go out and buy another one and have to pay the extra costs for a mod chip

Cannibal Clown Jan 31st, 2002 08:39 AM

You're all wasting your money buying the same thing more a higher price. What's the need? Really.

Neo_Soldier28 Jan 31st, 2002 09:41 AM

Hey Cannible reread the posts it would all be for some more features thats the whole reason

GaseousSnake Jan 31st, 2002 01:39 PM

The added xtra features r worth the dough,and u even get to make your ps2 a multi system console.