PsFantasy.com Forums

PsFantasy.com Forums (https://forums.psfantasy.com/index.php)
-   Other Consoles (https://forums.psfantasy.com/forumdisplay.php?f=18)
-   -   Gamecube games you're looking foward to (https://forums.psfantasy.com/showthread.php?t=5841)

Esjay Apr 7th, 2003 10:58 AM

Gamecube games you're looking foward to

Well? There aren't going to be that many releases in the distant future, but I AM looking foward to Sonic Adventure DX, I never got to play Sonic Adventure, and from what I've heard, it's MUCH better than the Sequel, and the Sequel wasn't that bad to begin with. I can't wait, when does it come out again? Does anyone know?

kupoartist Apr 7th, 2003 12:59 PM

rather predictably, I'm going to say "Final Fantasy - Crystal Chronicle". Even the logo looks all pretty! ... and I'm also looking forward to Sonic Adventure DX - I've heard that the first is actually not as good as the second, but the ickle bit of interesting news last week got my kind of excited: SA DX will have all of the 8-bit era (Master System / Game Gear) in it someplace! presumably that means that you'll have to do certain things to obtain them, but these games were cool in their own way the first time round (I had Sonic 1 + 2 on the Master System).

Uhm... but then theres the small problem that I don't own a gamecube isn't there.... (and given that I only have 2 PS2 games, and a whole list of GC games i'd rather have, I've made a very dumb choice somewhere along the line, haven't I?)... but then, the gamecube is of questionable sucess -> recently it was the highest selling console in the UK, yet Capcom have reportedly shifted a lot of their GC exclusives to other platforms because they don't sell...

goodman Apr 7th, 2003 01:06 PM

Id say im disappointed, but overall i bought a GameCube for the same reason i bought a N64 years ago, for the few niche games that would occasionally come out on it. The fact that its taken the Xbox so long to take a lead on the GameCube doesnt say anything good for the Xbox, its because the GameCube isnt being supported by hardly anyone, at least the lack of titles would say that...

Esjay Apr 7th, 2003 01:15 PM

Why does a system need the FULL support of a developer to have a good game? Sega isn't really "exclusive" to the Gamecube, but it's still produced a number of good titles.

Capcom hasn't shifted a single GC exclusive, by the way. Not ones that have already been released, anyway. And from the stats I've been looking at, the Gamecube is doing quite well as far as sales go. And it's not like the sales of a system really matter anyway. I still play my N64, regarded as one of the worst systems to ever be released. All that matters are the games on the system, whether they're plentiful or not doesn't matter. It's quality over quanity.

Vic Viper Apr 7th, 2003 01:25 PM

sorry but you must be looking at the wrong stats..

Quote:

Nintendo's Profit Falls 38% on GameCube Sales (Update3)
By Hiroshi Suzuki

Kyoto, Japan, April 7 (Bloomberg) - Nintendo Co. said full- year profit fell by about 38 percent and sales of its GameCube console lagged forecasts by about half, handing Microsoft Corp. the title of the world's No. 2 maker of video-game machines.

Kyoto-based Nintendo, until this year second only to Sony Corp. in console sales, said it sold about 5.6 million GameCubes in the fiscal year ended March 31, 44 percent short of its 10 million unit goal. Microsoft expects to sell 9 million of its Xbox game machines in the fiscal year ending June 30.

The weaker-than-expected GameCube sales at Nintendo, whose shares have fallen 52 percent the past year, may increase pressure on the company to follow in the path of rival Sega Corp., which scrapped its Dreamcast game console when sales flopped. The poor sales may also force software designers to abandon the machine in favor of Sony's PlayStation 2 or Microsoft's Xbox.

``Lower-than-expected GameCube sales mean Nintendo has failed to grab users in the higher age bracket,'' said Soichiro Fukuda, an analyst with Nikko Citigroup Ltd. ``The company has to solidify its hold on younger players by developing games that link their Game Boy Advance hand-held player with the GameCube.''

Nintendo's shares fell after the earnings were reported earlier in the day by the Nikkei English news service. The shares fell 120 yen, or 1.2 percent, to 9,520 yen on the Osaka Stock Exchange, after earlier gaining as much as 3.5 percent.

Earnings

Nintendo's release of figures on GameCube sales coincided with the company's announcement that group net income fell to about 66 billion yen ($547 million) in the 12 months ended March 31, down from 106.4 billion yen in the year-ago period. Nintendo had expected net income of 80 billion yen.

Full-year sales fell by about a 10th to 500 billion yen, lagging Nintendo's forecast by about 17 percent, the company said in a statement to the Osaka Stock Exchange.

``GameCube sales were bad worldwide,'' Chief Financial Officer Yoshihiro Mori told reporters in Osaka.

Nintendo blamed the shortfall on disappointing GameCube software sales and the popularity of rival titles such as the ``Grand Theft Auto'' series for Sony's PlayStation 2, which siphoned sales away from the GameCube.

Software sales for the GameCube totaled about 44.5 million copies, falling short of Nintendo's 55 million target.

Sales of Nintendo's Game Boy Advance hand-held player exceeded its expectations. Nintendo said it sold 15.7 million of the players last fiscal year, surpassing its 15 million forecast.

Game Boy Advance software sales also did better than expected, selling 58 million units or 16 percent better than forecast.
Link

kupoartist Apr 7th, 2003 01:29 PM

https://www.gameforms.com/news/?768 <- was the news i was refering to. of course, these are future titles, but loosing exclusives in upcoming titles rather than ones that have already sold a good portion of their number is bad.

I'm also somewhat surprised that Squaresoft are yet to announce any new projects on these systems: Crystal Chronicles seems like a good excuse to get them to develop for the GBA, as they've shown far more input on the hand-held than the GC. Which is a shame, as I'm sure many would buy a Gamecube if they knew they wouldn't just be getting a single FF game...

goodman Apr 7th, 2003 01:39 PM

Nintendo has continued to put their energy into the Gameboy as experienced with the new GBSP system. Their thinking is to have a console system out there to say they have one, with occasional good titles, and then make the majority of their money off of their handheld. They've been doing this for over six years now so its not that big a surprise. I bought a GC for Metroid and Zelda and whatever else that is playable that trips my interest...

dan da man Apr 11th, 2003 12:57 PM

The games im looking forward to are mario kart, RE4, f-zero.

MakgSnake Apr 12th, 2003 09:59 PM

I am looking forward to......

1.) Resident Evil 4
2.) P.N. 03
3.) Killer 7

and the most towards

4.) Metal Gear Solid.

:D

Nelo Angelo Apr 12th, 2003 10:25 PM

I think the only one I'm looking foward is FF:CC.

Oh, and Soul Calibur II. ^_^;;;;

Forgot about P.N. 03. O.o

dan da man Apr 14th, 2003 05:01 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by MakgSnake

4.) Metal Gear Solid.

:D

Oh yeah, forgot. Me too.:D

kittens&cats Apr 15th, 2003 01:31 AM

even know i don't have a gamecube yet and will get one for
halloween .here are the i want when i get my gamecube later

resident evil remake
resident evil 0
darkend skye
eternal darkness
starfox adventure
resident evil 4

MakgSnake Apr 15th, 2003 04:15 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by kittens&cats

darkend skye
Seriously YOU DONT wanna buy this game. And I am not JOKING at all. Do NOT buy this game, trust me as your best friend on this one!

Squall4000 Apr 20th, 2003 08:12 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by kittens&cats

resident evil remake
resident evil 0
darkend skye
eternal darkness
starfox adventure
resident evil 4
for halloween?

Frozen Apr 22nd, 2003 04:59 PM

!!!

Well, I was looking forward to Zelda: The Wind Waker, then I got it, and now I'm looking forward to it once again since I got it stolen :laugh:

Definitely waiting for RE4, and... Metal Gear Solid? Is it going to be a remake, or just a port? Hell, if it's a remake I'm getting this game, of course!!!!!

I also want to buy RE Zero, and RE, AGAIN ;_;

And I'm also gonna get Rogue Squadron II.

And I've heard that Soul Calibur II will have Link on it as a character, but the PS2 version will have Heihachi, but then, the X Box version will have SPAWN!!!! THAT'S FREAKING AWSOME

Squall4000 Apr 22nd, 2003 05:49 PM

SSB3 is gonna come out soon i heard that will be awsome

hijakedGTR Apr 27th, 2003 12:54 AM

phantasy star online ep 1 & 2 and
mario kart!

ToxicUK Apr 29th, 2003 03:18 PM

Metal Gear: Twin Snakes definitley because im intrigued cos it sounds SO GOOD... *drools* (ok i didnt really)

Socom May 5th, 2003 03:04 AM

Metal Gear Solid Twin Snakes will most likely be a remake of the original. I'm speculating that the player will be able to play as someone other than Solid Snake who will infiltrate the base from somewhere else. Either way, remake or port, I'm gettin it. I can't stand the PS1 graphics of the original.

Anyway, I am really dissapointed with the Gamecube. The bitch Bill Gates seems to have bought out Rare. I guess there won't be a Perfect Dark Zero on GCN after all. Or will there?

kupoartist May 5th, 2003 12:09 PM

Quote:

Source = www.gameforms.com The press release describes Twin Snakes as the following: "Metal Gear Solid The Twin Snakes combines the thrilling story of the original Metal Gear Solid game with the jaw-dropping graphics and unparalleled gameplay found in Metal Gear Solid 2: Sons of Liberty."
of course, there is more about this in the MGS forum...