PsFantasy.com Forums

PsFantasy.com Forums (https://forums.psfantasy.com/index.php)
-   Action And Adventure (https://forums.psfantasy.com/forumdisplay.php?f=11)
-   -   State of Emergency Complaint (https://forums.psfantasy.com/showthread.php?t=493)

merylsilverburg Feb 20th, 2002 07:13 PM

State of Emergency Complaint

Yeah, so I got my SOE today, but I was very disappointed by what I saw. There's no 2 player or enough levels! It's pretty fun though, but am I the only one who is kinda disappointed?

Mercury Shadow Feb 20th, 2002 09:19 PM

I'm sorry to hear that :( I'm enjoying SOE very very much now. Both chaos and revolution mode have been great. Maybe you'll like it once you give it some more time.

merylsilverburg Feb 20th, 2002 09:46 PM

Hmm.....I guess I am the only one with complaints. Yeah, I tried the Chaos mode and I had high scores on the Chaos, 3 mins, and 5 mins. Now, I'm trying to beat the Last-Clone Standing, and I'm not doing so well. Oh well, I guess it's just me then. Sorry everyone! :)

Mercury Shadow Feb 20th, 2002 09:49 PM

nothing to be sorry about :) you're entitled to your opinion. Some people were complaining about it over at ign's forum, so you're not alone.

BowevelJoe Feb 21st, 2002 08:14 AM

yeah i was a bit dissapointed with it myself after playing GTA3, your not the only one:)

Sleazy P Martini Feb 21st, 2002 11:41 AM

I'm going to wait and rent it first. I'm trying really hard not to compare it to GTA3. I don't think I"ll buy it though, because there's a riot code in GTA3! Have any of you tried it?

Pedestrians riot
While playing a game, press Down, Up, Left, Up, X, R1, R2, L2, L1.

Pedestrians attack
While playing a game, press Down, Up, Left, Up, X, R1, R2, L1, L2

merylsilverburg Feb 21st, 2002 01:58 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by BowevelJoe
yeah i was a bit dissapointed with it myself after playing GTA3, your not the only one:)
It is a lot different than GTA3; it seems that they didn't spend all that much time on it, but I think they were trying to make it different than GTA3. It is more based on fighting, than driving, so I can't really compare them since they're both so different. But, still, I felt dissapointed also especially when GTA3 is so good. :) Also, Sleazy P Martini, is you're going to do those codes, you might not want to save because I heard if you input any codes, you'll alter the game's ending. :eek:

Mercury Shadow Feb 21st, 2002 02:45 PM

That's the thing, everyone is comparing SOE to GTA3, but you shouldn't because totally different people made it. VIS worked on SOE. Also, the producer from rockstar was different for this one (something like that?) So it's not like this is a GTA add on or anything.

nanjij Feb 21st, 2002 04:21 PM

im getting it tommorow i preordered it and it come out t.morrow in the uk. so ure comments arnt all that good :( wots the gameplay like? is it really short:(?

Mercury Shadow Feb 21st, 2002 05:00 PM

Don't worry Nanjij, go in that store with confidence that SOE is a very addicting, great game :D As long as you don't pop in the disc hoping for another GTA3. It isn't short at all either.

merylsilverburg Feb 21st, 2002 06:17 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by Mercury_Shadow
As long as you don't pop in the disc hoping for another GTA3.
Very true, very true. It's a good game, but nothing like GTA3. It's a very fast paced action game which is fun especially when you get to kill those clones. Sort of psychotic (sp?) though. :D

nanjij Feb 21st, 2002 06:27 PM

wicked
i went on special reserve and nearly everyone gave it 9 or 10 out of 10 apart from 1 exception 8.
it sound amazing, and i cant compare it to gta3 cause ive played that 4 around 30min

Mercury Shadow Feb 21st, 2002 06:54 PM

Would you say the graphics for SOE are sorta like Jet Set Radio? They kinda remind me of eachother, with the bright colors, and some of the characters.

GaseousSnake Feb 21st, 2002 07:36 PM

I never really got time to play that game

merylsilverburg Feb 21st, 2002 07:59 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by Mercury_Shadow
Would you say the graphics for SOE are sorta like Jet Set Radio? They kinda remind me of eachother, with the bright colors, and some of the characters.
Oh no!!! :( Sorry Merc, but I'll have to disagree with you big time! Jet Set Radio uses Cel Shading giving the characters a 2-D, cartoonish-look. Yes, there are bright colors, but Jet Set Radio has that unique look, that's very Japanese based. The cel shading is used on the enviroment and the people, so the entire game looks sorta like a cartoon/anime. I love Jet Set Radio, so I would have to say that SOE is really not like it.

nanjij Feb 22nd, 2002 03:57 PM

i got the game, its everything i expected and better, i dont know how anyone can compare it to gt3 there completely different.

anyway the game reminds me of fighting force but loads more colour(color)full and better graphics or is it just me

anyway, the only worry i have is its long life

Sleazy P Martini Feb 22nd, 2002 05:19 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by merylsilverburg

Also, Sleazy P Martini, is you're going to do those codes, you might not want to save because I heard if you input any codes, you'll alter the game's ending. :eek:

Really? In which way? Thats cool, I should try to play the whole game in riot mode.

merylsilverburg Feb 22nd, 2002 05:42 PM

Well, I'm not really sure how it'll alter it, but I read it in OPM magazine, PSMagazine, and EGM. I haven't finished the game myself, so I wouldn't really know. Does anyone know? :confused:

Sleazy P Martini Feb 23rd, 2002 01:30 AM

I'm going to rent it too. I'm curious to see if it's any good.

nanjij Feb 23rd, 2002 01:30 PM

ohhhhhhhh dont tell me ure talking about SofE. there isnt enough grapple moves 4 myh liking but that isnt a huige deal. but they should have more than 2. i like spanky's vader bomb, how cool!