PsFantasy.com Forums

PsFantasy.com Forums (https://forums.psfantasy.com/index.php)
-   Action And Adventure (https://forums.psfantasy.com/forumdisplay.php?f=11)
-   -   State Of Emergency (https://forums.psfantasy.com/showthread.php?t=71)

MakgSnake Jan 24th, 2002 06:04 PM

State Of Emergency

Ok, I Am Not That Excited About This Game, But Ive Been Hearing Alot About It Though! And Looking At It That Its Being Made by The People Who Created GTA3. It Is Something To Look Forward To It!.! But I Have No Idea Whats It About!. Can Anyone Fill Me In With It!.! About Its Info And Gameplay!.! Cause It Doesn't Look That Good...From The Pics But Still....I Think It'll Be Alright

IcyMourdor Jan 24th, 2002 06:06 PM

Haven't heard of it yet. I'll edit or post later once I get more info.

BowevelJoe Jan 24th, 2002 07:38 PM

Story line: Your country has just been bought by a giant corporation and people in the streets are rioting. Your trying to bring down the company and get them out of your country, everythings corrupt, the cops, everyones going crazy, this game is going to be awsome

the reason it doesnt look super realistic is because, damn that would be way to violent, so they make the people look goofy so that its not as bad.You can beat people with limbs of dead people, i saw a clip of a guy with a rocket launcher, shot it into the side of a bank, and him and his gang ran in and stole all the money, man it looked sweet!!!

MakgSnake Jan 24th, 2002 10:06 PM

Nah Man!!!

Sounds Pretty Intresting. Sounds Great Infact. But..... Isn't This A Bad Thing. I Mean Just To Run Away From The Censors, They Have Make The Graphics Cartooni, I Mean Thats Bad! They Should Try Making It As Realistic As Possible. And Win The Trail Against The Censorship People! I Mean Common! Its Just A Game!-! And It'll Get The "Mature" Rating Anyway!.!

Aaagghh
:mad:

nanjij Jan 25th, 2002 02:21 AM

go on the site www.stateofemergency.com (i use my old skill, lol) it tells u about the missions, screen shots, movies, etc

BowevelJoe Jan 25th, 2002 08:02 AM

Makg, do you know how much **** rockstar got from GTA3?! i mean they banned it in Australia, it was just that bad. They are not cutting down on the violence, just how the people look, i mean good lord man. The game is going to rock, thats the bottom line. If you didnt like GTA3, then..your gay lol. The game is going to be awsome, youll see, cartoony or not.

x157anz Jan 25th, 2002 01:41 PM

Is this game a action/adventure game ?!?!?! seen as though its in this part of the forum ?!
Anybody know when its out ?

MakgSnake Jan 25th, 2002 03:23 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by BowevelJoe
Makg, do you know how much **** rockstar got from GTA3?! i mean they banned it in Australia, it was just that bad
Thats What I Am Saying Man!.! I Am Not Saying That Rockstar Is A WUSS. Just Saying, They SHOULD BE Able To Win The TRAIL. I Am So Sure They LOST The Trail In Australia Thats Why It Got Banned Over There!.! Thats Such A BAD THING!.! They Shouldn't!.!

I Remember When Mortal Kombat Came Out....... My GOD Soo Many People Went Against It!.! That The Graphics Are Life Like (They ARE) And U See All These Fatalities All OVER The Game And It Should Be Banned. But Miday And EdBoon Won The Trail And They Are Still Making Games!.! I Just Think RockStar Should Get A Better Lawyer!
lol

Reid Jan 25th, 2002 05:37 PM

I don't think that State of Emergency needs realistic graphics. The cartoon-ish look is pretty interesting and fresh looking.

But I do agree with Makg (hee, that rhymed), that it shouldn't be cartoony to avoid the censors. But then again, that might not be the reasoning behind it.

BowevelJoe Jan 25th, 2002 11:46 PM

i guess it could be that the cartoony graphics were easier to work with, i mean if they developed over 600 different looking people that all looked life like, your talking about some serious time lol. It can handle over 250 on the screen at the same time, all doing their own thing, i mean this is mainly aimed at having some AI, and this is going to be implemented into GTA4, thats what this project was mainly aimed at, to include stuff that GTA4 lacked it, but man this game is going to be something to look forward too.

It shall be released Feb. 5th

Spirit Jan 26th, 2002 03:19 AM

really?? that soon? whoa I need some loot and fast!! lol yea SoA will be a great addition to ps2 game liblary... whew can't wait till I see it!

MakgSnake Jan 26th, 2002 03:24 AM

Well Now

Well Now It Sure Sounds Intresting To Me. I Mean Before I Wasn't That Much Into It. But Now I Am. Gonna Get This Gem Too!.!.....But Before That.....I'd Wanna Check Its Reviews!.! Cause In This World. Anything Is Possible!

nanjij Jan 26th, 2002 02:14 PM

i dont know when it exacly comes out but on there site it says febuary

BowevelJoe Jan 26th, 2002 11:18 PM

Its either Feb 5th or 4th lol, arrg read my posts hahaha:D

woohoo someone steal this game out of the warehouses of it, i cant wait another week!!!

MakgSnake Jan 27th, 2002 02:07 AM

Gonna Do It!

By That Time, Ps2 Will Be In My Hand, And I'd Buy That Game With It!.! Hopefully! Lets See!

nanjij Jan 27th, 2002 01:46 PM

i keep going down town to see if its in the shop yet

Reid Jan 27th, 2002 01:49 PM

The only review so far was in Maxim.
They gave it a 3/5 (GTA3 got a 5/5 a few months back).

BowevelJoe Jan 27th, 2002 06:00 PM

arrg, thats pretty rough, Maxim, is that the whole name of the mag? meaning its about average in their eyes..

MakgSnake Jan 27th, 2002 07:40 PM

Yes!No.1But!

I Think...GamesRanking Will Be Having Its Review Soon, They Usually Have Reviews First!.! I'll Check on Their Site Soon!.!

Reid Jan 27th, 2002 10:08 PM

Yeah, Maxim's the magazines' full name (it's a pretty famous men's magazine).

Their ratings are actually, usually pretty decent, but their wasn't enough description in the column so I don't know why it got a 3/5.