PsFantasy.com Forums

PsFantasy.com Forums (https://forums.psfantasy.com/index.php)
-   General Chat (https://forums.psfantasy.com/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   What would you do if (https://forums.psfantasy.com/showthread.php?t=9197)

Zebraman Aug 2nd, 2006 10:45 PM

What would you do if

You didn't have to work. Imagine you had a decent income, nothing great, but still enough for every basic need. Be realistic. We're not saying "if you were a millionaire". We're talking about a reasonable amount of money, but not enough to be like a Rockfeller. Would you want to work in any case? Would you spend your time in other ways? What would you do for the rest of your life?

Berserker Aug 3rd, 2006 02:09 AM

I thought about this many times, I would definitely do voluntary(????) work with animals maybe something with straydogs. I always wanted to do that, probably will if I retire but when I get enough money to live off I will do it right now.

tempted Aug 3rd, 2006 06:38 AM

I would never be able to stand still, i get bored too easily. So either i'd still work or just spend my time travelling. Or both. But not doing anything at all, it's just not for me.

Hylas Aug 3rd, 2006 11:19 AM

I would love to travel. But I would like to try something different, considering I would not be able to spend a lot to travel. I would like to do some kind of adventurous journey, having to do more than average tourists. Like working here and there to pay fees and bills, and try less known and less expensive, but maybe more fun, locations.

Phenom Aug 5th, 2006 07:14 AM

Like Kaena, I get bored easily so doing nothing is out of the question. More than likely, I'd still be working until I decide to retire. Of course I'd spend time doing other things, but I'm not quite sure what they'll be. Paying bills will be 1st priority or rather 2nd.

jjmoohead Aug 5th, 2006 10:11 AM

actually I am living that very life right now. I am currently collecting unemployment as my term teaching position ended in June. I make more then enough money to survive on and go out and have fun and will until december.

I admit to gaining a few pounds because of it, sitting around not doing much. Normally i would golf or go rollerblading, but its been so damn hot and I suffered heat stroke earlier this year at a 4 day Country Music Festival.

I don't mind sitting around, as long as im somewhat entertained. Video Games, Computer(internet), TV, Movies. There is enough to keep me satisfied.

So yes I am living that life right now. Unfortunitly It ends in November or whenever I am able to find a job. Its fun now though.

Berserker Aug 7th, 2006 01:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jjmoohead
actually I am living that very life right now. I am currently collecting unemployment as my term teaching position ended in June. I make more then enough money to survive on and go out and have fun and will until december.

I admit to gaining a few pounds because of it, sitting around not doing much. Normally i would golf or go rollerblading, but its been so damn hot and I suffered heat stroke earlier this year at a 4 day Country Music Festival.

I don't mind sitting around, as long as im somewhat entertained. Video Games, Computer(internet), TV, Movies. There is enough to keep me satisfied.

So yes I am living that life right now. Unfortunitly It ends in November or whenever I am able to find a job. Its fun now though.

Ahaaaa, that explains the amount of arcade awards you got!

trunks69420 Aug 8th, 2006 07:13 AM

hmmm... probably play alot more halo2... travel... and most likely i'de start saving money to open up my own business... and continue that life for a while... cause i've always wanted to have my own business... and to fire people... yeah.

that would be great :).

jjmoohead Aug 10th, 2006 12:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Berserker
Ahaaaa, that explains the amount of arcade awards you got!

I won those like a year ago, but that does give me something else to do now...THANKS :)

Pu the Owl Aug 10th, 2006 11:08 PM

I don't know. I would probably start some creative project. And travelling a bit wouldn't be bad either. Other than that, I like Berserker's idea... volunteering to help animals. That would be great, but I'm sure it would require more, in terms of personal involvement, than I am expecting now.

Berserker Aug 11th, 2006 01:28 AM

You'll get emotionally attached to the animals, so you'll get hurt from time to time but at least you know you've been helping to make their life better so I think the pain is bearable then? At least that's what I keep saying to myself :laugh: