PsFantasy.com Forums

PsFantasy.com Forums (https://forums.psfantasy.com/index.php)
-   General Chat (https://forums.psfantasy.com/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   The Birthday Thread! (https://forums.psfantasy.com/showthread.php?t=5067)

Frozen Jul 15th, 2003 02:46 PM

I don't know about this thread... I think it makes the "Happy Birthday!!!" thing lose it's special sense... you know, you pretty much have to check in here everyday to see if ti's anybody's birthday... Sure there were a lot of B-day threads for everyone, but at least to me, it felt absolutely awsome to see that Meryl-chan remembered my birthday and "said it outloud", that it was MY birthday.

Now, no one will know when my b-day is unless they check in here.

I'm just using myself as an example, I'm sure ya'll understand what I mean. Well, I hope.

Happy b-day to all those who have been named in this thread.

See? It loses all it's sense. Well that's just my stupid opinion.

dan da man Jul 15th, 2003 06:10 PM

Happy b-day Mark0, erm the guys gone but I still keep in touch.

Anyway, I always say happy birthday to me long lost buddy here.:disturb:

Chara Jul 15th, 2003 07:06 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by Frozen

I don't know about this thread... I think it makes the "Happy Birthday!!!" thing lose it's special sense... you know, you pretty much have to check in here everyday to see if ti's anybody's birthday... Sure there were a lot of B-day threads for everyone, but at least to me, it felt absolutely awsome to see that Meryl-chan remembered my birthday and "said it outloud", that it was MY birthday.

Now, no one will know when my b-day is unless they check in here.

I'm just using myself as an example, I'm sure ya'll understand what I mean. Well, I hope.

Happy b-day to all those who have been named in this thread.

See? It loses all it's sense. Well that's just my stupid opinion.
That's the same way I feel about this thread. I believe I made a post about it when this thread was first created. The entire personal touch is lost and it feels so... automated. Like the "happy birthday" letters that are sent to you from your office of doctor.

For my birthday the few PMs that I recieved gave me more of a warm fuzzy feeling instead of the happy birthday posts in this topic. It feels much better when someone takes some time to make soemthing for you instead of having a big topic that "reminds" people that its your birthday.

My 1 & one-half cents.

Pu the Owl Jul 15th, 2003 07:24 PM

Yeah Frozen, the thread is somewhat not very "personal", but it was mainly to give anyone the same chances to get their birthday wishes. Since in the past only few members, the most popular ones, used to get their wishes posted, it wasn't a bad idea to let aybody else have the same thing.

kupoartist Jul 16th, 2003 03:11 PM

I feel the same about this thread (as I'm sure I've made clear in the past. or somthing.), and a part of me is all for actively campaigning for it's abolition by... hmm... September 2nd? (me wants to be able to save a two page happy birthday thread to my HD. Yes I did it with the last one. Yes I seriously am that sad), particuarly because the aforementioned "automated" problem (i often feel guilty of it myself) and the tendancy for people to ignore the thread or forget about it (and other people). But what do I know. I'm European ^_^, and yes It does at least assure that many people get special wishes.

And Happy B-D to Mark0. Where-ever you are in this crazy cosmos.

Pu the Owl Jul 16th, 2003 03:15 PM

Ok guys, do you want the abolition of the birthday thread? I'm not against it. Just let me know if you want to keep on using it or not. I can unstick it if you decide you want to post wishes in a different way. Otherwise I'll leave it as it is.

dan da man Jul 16th, 2003 05:23 PM

Im not too bothered, it is nice to have a whole thread made for you, but this keeps it nice and tidy, and it does show its a love caring site, how many other forums have a birthday thread?:peoples:

DSgamer Jul 16th, 2003 10:58 PM

happy b-day synicalgohan91 and mark 0

kupoartist Jul 17th, 2003 12:28 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by dan da man
Im not too bothered, it is nice to have a whole thread made for you, but this keeps it nice and tidy, and it does show its a love caring site, how many other forums have a birthday thread?:peoples:
we can still show our caring side in threads for individuals, minus the automated nature that makes it sound like a Kraftwerk Song.

I'm for driving this thread away. Just let me get my pitchfork. :happy:

Virtualeclipse Jul 17th, 2003 01:50 PM

YOU KNOW WHAT. HAPPY BIRTHDAY WORLD.lol ok. Happy Birthday to everyone whos their birthdays today.

Pu the Owl Jul 17th, 2003 07:45 PM

If I unstick the thread, those who still want to use it will be able to do it, the others will be able to post individual threads, ok?
I'm not deleting or closing this thread, I'm just going to unstick it, to make anybody happy :P

Azuma_Ninja Jul 17th, 2003 09:33 PM

I want to wish my man synicalgohan91 a belated birthday. Sorry I didn't post this yesterday bro.