PDA

View Full Version : FFX Help: beating Lady Yunalesca!

Quasar
Mar 29th, 2002, 08:38 PM
I know this may sound dumb, but I'm stuck because I can't beat Lady Yunalesca.
I didn't have any problems during the rest of the game (never experienced a Game Over till this point), but now I need some cool suggestion to defeat her!

merylsilverburg
Mar 29th, 2002, 08:49 PM
Try to beat Lady Yunalesca's first form with just regular attacks and magic. When the next form comes up, she'll inflict Zombie, so try to leave at least 1 character inflicted with it, that way, when her last form comes up, and she casts Mega Death on everyone, that character won't be affected. Use your Aeons on the last battle, instead of the first two, that way, the Aeons can finish her off quickly. The characters I found useful for this battle was Tidus, Yuna, and Auron/Wakka. I hope this helps because I had a tough time with her too, and I found this was an easier way. Hopefully, if my strategy doesn't work, someone else here can help you out more. :)

Sword 4 Hire
Mar 30th, 2002, 03:09 PM
Exactly what Meryl said...keep someone under zombie because megadeath will not affect them. Then just use a phoenex to bring your lost characters back. Save up the aeons overdrives for the last form and you should be set. I also used a lot of quick hits with Tidus, and used Aurons Shooting Star or Banishing Blade.