PDA

View Full Version : Baldurs Gate : DA

x157anz
Jan 25th, 2002, 03:10 PM
Well im wanting to buy this game. just wondering if it is worth buying ?!
I read lots of reviews and they make out that the game is amazing.

MakgSnake
Jan 25th, 2002, 03:43 PM
Same Here, Ive Read Its Reviews And They Say Its Also One Of The Best RPG's On PS2!.! I Might Get This Game Too

Spirit
Jan 25th, 2002, 04:32 PM
yea BG looks amazing, although it does take up quite a while to play it, and there's no "exceptional"
story behind it

Soul Angel
Jan 26th, 2002, 12:01 PM
It looks like a good game!
But I'll probably rent it first before buying it though

x157anz
Jan 26th, 2002, 04:37 PM
I got Gauntlet instead as you can see in my other thread
This game should be one of the best ever RPG'S for the ps2 but i havnt played the others so i cant say that :( I reccomend this game to anyone who likes RPG'S

Spank-A-Thon
Jan 28th, 2002, 09:28 AM
I rented BG:DA for a couple of nights and it is fun... BUT... it get's very *very* repetitive. It is not as story/dialogue driven as any FF game. It's very much hack your way though dungeons, engage in a brief conversation, hack your way through the dungeons, engage in another brieif conversation ad nauseum...

Imagine it more as a deeper, more involved Gauntlet-type game. However, where I think it will come alive is in the 2-player co-operative mode! If you can find a mate to trawl through it with you then I reckon it will be a shedload of fun.

Plus if you choose the female warrior as your character you can strip her to her bra and thong! ;) Mmmmm. nice! Heh heh...

But seriously, I'd reccommend trying to find a second hand copy rather than paying full price. I've spotted one for £15 (about $25) so I'm gonna pick it up.

- S

devilmaydie
Jan 28th, 2002, 02:24 PM
Well for all of you guz who want to buy it...DO IT!!! It's a classic Dungeons and Dragons game and it is so cool!!! ;)
There are so many weapons and powers, it's just an all around amazing and fun game:D

JC Denton
Jan 29th, 2002, 04:45 PM
its not as good as the first two for pc i heard
i havn't tried it but its a totally different story.
get it anyway im sure its alright

x157anz
Jan 29th, 2002, 05:21 PM
OK thanks guys !!:)
I am going to buy it when i have the cash, or il trade 1 of my old games ;)

Sage
Feb 18th, 2002, 01:16 PM
just buy the pc games, i've got BG II and it's great.
You pick race, class, sex and other stuff to start a character then different stuff can happen in the game based on these (romances between characters, etc.)
Even decisions in game have consequences you can't predict.
it like real life almost.
I've read that the PS2 version isn't as in depth as PC.

Smokey Mcpot
Feb 21st, 2002, 03:55 PM
this game is awesome i have it. and it is the best rpg on ps2, its one of my favs on there actually. I didnt beat it yet however, got sidetracked;) It is definitely worth buying, since there is nothin else out right now. The graphics are hot, and the water effects are the best ever!:)

x157anz
Feb 21st, 2002, 05:17 PM
just buy the pc games, i've got BG II and it's great.

I have it ... well the 1st one and i didnt like it :( i allways got lost and didnt know what to do next i prefere Diablo 2 on PC.
But i might be buying FFVII now isit worth buying even thought its pretty old or should i just wait for FFX ? + i have never played any of the FF :(

psyke
Mar 22nd, 2002, 05:58 AM
I dont feel its worth buying

Storyline: you're robbed, by people who want to take over the world, you follow them, and...save them

its a pure straightforward game where you simply just press the attack button, mostly. Its fun...for awhile.

Deffenatly no RPG, imo

JC Denton
Apr 1st, 2002, 02:21 PM
Originally posted by x157anz

I have it ... well the 1st one and i didnt like it :( i allways got lost and didnt know what to do next i prefere Diablo 2 on PC.

it is a matter of opinion i liked badulders gate 1 far more than diablo ii. I think bg1 is brilliant, especially when you get to the end or the massive twist on chapter 5/6.

MikeyMog
Apr 8th, 2002, 12:29 AM
BG for ps2 is actually really fun...good mix of action and rpg...get a friend to play with you and it's even more fun...it's executed very well and it's really just a blast to play...i'd reccomend that everybody at least rent it